Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 29

Good morning! How is everyone doing today? Motivated to meet your fitness goals? Every single one of us can do this. We can do anything we set our minds to. How about setting our minds towards exercising to make ourselves the healthiest we can be?! Now, get on out there and EXERCISE! :happy:

Despite wanting to do just about anything but exercise last night I went ahead and got my bike riding in for a moderate 36 min ride, did an episode of Shimmy from FitTV, & I drank all of my waters. I am always glad I did it afterwards - convincing myself to do it when all I want to do is fall into bed is another story. Oh well. I did it and that's what matters!

Thanks for all of your love and support with my sick boys. The 3 year old if finally feeling better. He's not well yet, and I'm sure we are still stuck in the house until at least Thursday but there is an end in site. I have a pretty mean sore throat but am just trying to ignore it and hope it goes away. :tongue: My husband called and says he has to stay an extra day on his business trip so it's just me for yet another few days - I can't get sick - I've got to exercise!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Have a GREAT Tuesday!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Good morning! How is everyone doing today? Motivated to meet your fitness goals? Every single one of us can do this. We can do anything we set our minds to. How about setting our minds towards exercising to make ourselves the healthiest we can be?! Now, get on out there and EXERCISE! :happy:

Despite wanting to do just about anything but exercise last night I went ahead and got my bike riding in for a moderate 36 min ride, did an episode of Shimmy from FitTV, & I drank all of my waters. I am always glad I did it afterwards - convincing myself to do it when all I want to do is fall into bed is another story. Oh well. I did it and that's what matters!

Thanks for all of your love and support with my sick boys. The 3 year old if finally feeling better. He's not well yet, and I'm sure we are still stuck in the house until at least Thursday but there is an end in site. I have a pretty mean sore throat but am just trying to ignore it and hope it goes away. :tongue: My husband called and says he has to stay an extra day on his business trip so it's just me for yet another few days - I can't get sick - I've got to exercise!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a GREAT Tuesday!
    Niccole
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Niccole I'm glad to hear your son is on the mend.

I did the 50 minute Power Sculpt Biggest Loser Video today. Going to add my stationary bike for a bit later.

Everyone have a great day!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Today is spinning. (60 minutes) and walking to spinning and back (40 minutes).

I did my more aggressive weight training yesterday. Upper body during Oprah and WHOO-EEE I feel it today. Especially the chest flyes. I'm glad I have until Friday to recover!

Let's keep moving, ladies. :flowerforyou:

And, I so relate, NIccole. I still at least once a week or so have to remind myself: "You feel so good once you've done it" about working out. This after 3 solid years of doing it. :tongue:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Take it easy, and don't get sick y'all! Everyone is getting sick. Had to sub for my yoga teacher yesterday - she had a different illness! this week. Went to an hour of strength training as well.

Is there a place you are always sore after a good weights session? It's always my underarms for me - meaning my chest muscles. I think I'll be ok to go to the next session tomorrow. Stomach is still weird though, I couldn't do the ab work without feeling nauseous.

I've lost about 9 lbs so far and I haven't noticed a change in measurements or the way my clothes fit (much anyway - damn stretch jeans) - but I did notice that reversed triangle pose is easier - fewer rolls to get in the way I guess. It was a nice feeling.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Swam for an hour this morning & had one of my co-workers work on my shoulder. It feels soooo much better; now I can swim more!

I'm in the same boat with having to talk myself into exercise if I'm on my own. Actually say out loud how good you feel, I say "I'm so glad I did that, it was worth it and I would have regretted not doing it". My version of reverse psychology for the tough days!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Only got my 20 minutes of strength training in today. Long busy day :(