Any advice for me on bulk?????

marcuskalam
marcuskalam Posts: 10 Member
Hi there, I am Marcus, 19, 176 cm tall and weight 55.3 kg. It is quite light isn't it… My body fat is 5% now, any diet advice for me?

edited by MFP mod.

Replies

• HassanParvaneh
    HassanParvaneh Posts: 2 Member
    In terms of height we are roughly the same, at the moment you're at roughly 55kg and 5%bf. First of all, 5%bf is way too light to stay at and can be very unhealthy!! I have some tips for you but I was wondering if you know around how much your daily calorie intake is?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    First tip; don't put your email on MFP. You've opened a flood gate for spams and what not... and that's an important email address judging by the fac it has Sheffield.ac.uk... university? Yeah - pretty important.

5% body fat is very low. I'd like to know how you got that figure? Body fat calipers, dexa scan, bodpod?

Eat in a surplus of your TDEE. For most people I would say have a surplus of 250 or 500, but for you I recommend eating anything and everything in your sight for now.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    First tip; don't put your email on MFP. You've opened a flood gate for spams and what not... and that's an important email address judging by the fac it has Sheffield.ac.uk... university? Yeah - pretty important.

5% body fat is very low. I'd like to know how you got that figure? Body fat calipers, dexa scan, bodpod?

Eat in a surplus of your TDEE. For most people I would say have a surplus of 250 or 500, but for you I recommend eating anything and everything in your sight for now.

This, just eat.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    If you have a hard time gaining weight, try eating some high calorie foods like fruit juices, nuts, avocados, red meat, bread etc. should make it a bit easier.
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member

This X 1000. Hit the weights, find out what you need to consume in grams of protein, and make sure you eat all the calories you need for the day. I would pick a lifting program if you are just getting started strength training. I recommend Stronglifts, Ice Cream Fitness, or Starting Strength. Any of these will help you build a routine and get you used to barbell movements, which are critical for building strength.

Scooby said your bulk TDEE is roughly 2600 calories if you started a lifting program where you lift every other day (3 times per week). I would honestly shoot for 3000 for a couple weeks in case you are a underlogger on food to ensure you hit a solid surplus if you are truly that small right now. Scooby's Calorie Calculator: scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Good luck man! Good job getting started so young and seeking help, it will help you out a ton later on.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member

Would agree with the above OP. Just eat. I'm a wee bit smaller than you but when I started last year my body fat was also at 5% which is way too low. As @Brolympus suggested start at 3,000 calories like I did and if that doesn't work, increase it to 3,500 and then 4,000 like I had to gain anything. Set the carbs at 50%, protein at 20% and fats at 30%. Totally up to you what to eat to get whatever your calorie amount every day is but I found it helpful to pre log my days and space the eating out during the day with 4 meals and 2 snacks so I could eat it all. Start off slowly and gradually increase the calories instead of starting off too high the first day. You will only feel too full. Good luck.