Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    I have been MIA for awhile how is everyone doing?? Traveling up to see eldest Navy son...back from a cruise...can't wait, but know it will be hard to stay on track. Will be eating alot of meals out this weekend, have to buy food for any meals at his apartment. He has already told me today that his refrigerator is empty. Will survive on maybe granola bars, and fruit...with some protein.
    IMG_0935_zpsxpsjbxuu.jpg
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    oops didn't sign my name...

Becca on the Oregon Coast here.. :-)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    We are leaving tomorrow morning to travel to Eastern Idaho for my Father's funeral. His service is Saturday. We will travel home on Sunday. It will be a long weekend, but I am looking forward to being with family. All of my sisters, all of children, and all but one of his grandchildren will be there. I'm packing my walking shoes so I can go for a walk. We are riding with Nicole's family so I won't have to drive. I'm glad of that.
    Have a great weekend. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    @skinnyjeanzbound I play in an adults sports league up here. I used to play something almost every night, but now I just play softball, basketball and flag football. Only softball is going on right now. I pretty much ruined my shoulder playing dodgeball in that league haha.

@grandmakaye44 I hope you have safe travels to the funeral. Enjoy all of the family time!

@Annr hope you have a great time visiting with your son!

AFM - I woke up with a headache yet again today :( Now I'm getting ready to head to the beach for the day. Going to get some time in the sun for a bit and then in the afternoon one of my co-workers is coming down and we are going to go for a bike ride. I'm a little intimidated about going for the bike ride with her because I'm new to biking and I'm so slow and I'm afraid I will hold her back... We shall see how it goes!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    @cblue315 I don't! I just know it was in Maine. That's very cool about the museum, though.
  • tootsanderson
    @skinnyjeanzbound I always thought it would be so hard for me to get back in the groove after three months off. The very fiber of my being rejects returning to work after a week off lol
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @toots-- getting back on schedule in terms of waking up at 6 am is the worst. Otherwise, it's not too bad. I think was harder to get back to work after a vacation when I wasn't a teacher b/c I was trying to pick up where I left off with clients, projects, etc. As a classroom teacher, I am starting fresh with new classes each year, so that part is not bad.

@erin-- how was your bike ride?

@becca-- enjoy your visit with your son. Where is he stationed? And what kind of cruise did you take?

Saturday Success:
    I stayed on track and mostly under calorie goal all week. Hoping it will make up for last night's barbecue. DH and I had fun at my friends' house last night, but it was a late so I'm a bit tired this morning. This afternoon I'm going to another barbecue. Looking forward to seeing friends, but NOT looking forward to the heat today. Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be nicer, so I should get the mulching done then.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Clean baker's rack in kitchen DONE
    2. Pick up mulch from public works DONE; spread in garden beds STARTED
    3. Finish flower pots in the yard DONE
    4. Clean off dining room table
    5. Drop off clothes to GW

July Goals:

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 2014 8k = 56:49, NYE 2014 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon--rest day (donating blood) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + PT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE + PT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    The funeral service was awesome, a wonderful tribute to a good man. There were many members of our extended family, an d lots of old friends in attendance. I have done really well all week, but I sure lost it during the military service at the end. As the oldest child, I was presented with the flag. My sil did an amazing job playing taps. Daddy had asked him years ago to that. We are tired, but happy. Having a hotdog roast with our kids and grandkids this evening.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Thanks you for the condolences on my nephew … Karen, Laurie (and for the Hallmark Card message), TracyJT, Kaye, Ellen, Tammy, TracyTX, Lori, Erin,

Kaye, my deepest condolences on your father’s passing. Eternal Memory. Hope your husbands medical issues get under control, that’s a dastardly stress on you.

Laurie, sorry your dad’s health is poor and that your mom is running herself ragged. This is such a difficult position for you, their child.

Tammy, how awful about the dog bite! Did you check with the man that they had their shots?

Glad to read how well most everyone is doing and that we have some new folks joining in as well.

As For Me (AFM) …
    I have been MIA from logging since my nephew’s car accident last week … but did get on it today and so I think I’ve turned the corner toward acceptance of our familial loss and am starting to resume normal activities. Looking forward to my Monday check-in to see where I stand.
    Follow-through, Niki
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Saturday success- that I have managed to exercise multiple days this week. I did run over 11 miles this week spread out over three days but I did it. Monday was close about 2.5 for tempo runs, Wednesday was a 3.1 mile recovery run then on Friday I did 4 miles for an endurance run. That is the first time I have done that much running during a week.

This weekends the heat and humidity is high so it is no fun going outside. I was suppose to go to a concert tonight but opted to stay home where it was cooler. We still have a couple of more days of high temps before it cools off a little.

Kaye- Safe travels as you head home.

Erin- How was the bike ride? I am sure your friend would not leave you behind on the ride. Hope the headache went away.

Karen- I am with you, I can't believe that summer is going so fast.

Have a great weekend.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hi All.

@Kaye~Sounds like a nice service in remembrance of your father. Enjoy your family time and safe travels home.

@Laurie~Wow, you sure did run a lot this week! :star:

@Karen~Glad PT is going well, hope your ortho is pleased with the progress you're making when you follow-up with him.

@Niki~I'm very sorry to hear about your nephew's accident and his passing, thoughts and prayers to you and your family. :heartbreak:

@Erin~I get a lot of headaches in the summer, for me its going in/out of a/c constantly (stores keep it way too cold).

I'm probably the only one looking forward to the end of summer since that is when I planned my summer vacation this year. :wink:

AFM~I was supposed to meet a friend for a bike ride this morning, but the temps climbed fast and it was too hot/humid--really not too disappointed in that since I went to the gym instead, rode the bike for 5 miles and then rowed 5,000 meters (boy did my legs feel that). So still got in a good workout. After that I did some running around, only to spill a drink in my new car (thank goodness for leather seats) and came home to my house a/c needing repair. :confounded: Talked to my a/c guy and service calls are twice the cost on the weekends (even for emergencies)--he seemed to think the repair could wait until Monday as long as the house is still cooling (fingers crossed).

The time has come to get some things done around here that I have been lacking on--seems to be something in every room I need to tend to. My plan for tomorrow is to get kitchen cabinets and wood floors washed (floors are a huge job, takes a few hours since I move all of the furniture).
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Hello All!
    @SparklingandShining - Welcome, always great to have new people. Tell us a little about yourself so we get to know you.
    @kah68 - So great about pulling off the party. Thanks for the tip on the magnesium, I get headaches a few times a month and I will try it.
    @Lauriek70 - The paddle boarding sounds like fun. I will have to check into that. Congrats on the running. I still hate it but will have to amp it up in prep for the races I will be doing next year.
    @jtconst - So sorry about the dog bite. I hope it heals quickly. The guy sounds like a real dufus. I could say something else but I shouldn't. I really get heated up about irresponsible pet owners. Too funny about the snakes.
    @skinnyjeanzbound - Ooh so very hopeful about the job prospects for DH. I will say a prayer.
    @alexdavidwilliams - Welcome to you as well. Hope to see you back soon. Good job on the loss.
    @Annr - Hope the visit with your son is everything you all need and more.
    @grandmakaye44 - I always feel that funerals are a mixed bag. I do so love to see everyone but wish it was for a better reason. When my aunt died we had the funeral in one city but she was burried in another a couple of weeks later. There were about 50 of us that showed up at the cemetary. It is a favorite memory of mine.
    @NK1112 - Glad to see your post. I have been thinking about you.
    To all those "lurking" out there. Give us a shout. We would love to hear from you.

Sunday Share - Hi, I am Lori, 54. SW 297, CW178, GW under 150.
    I own my own drapery business and work a lot of hours. I am married with two adult children living at home. I have one very naughty cat. I have managed to transform myself from a couch potato who could barely walk a mile into someone who is really into multisport racing. I have done two sprint triathlons and one duathlon. I have thyroid issues, arthritis, asthma, plantar fasciitis and carpal tunnel syndrome. If I can do this you can too!

Wow what a week. As I have said before business is good but now we have to make all those drapery I sold. Sister is still a bit of a struggle. She was the baby girl of the family and my mom was pretty tired of raising children by the time she came along. There seems to be so much drama surrounding her life and sometimes I just think that she is clammoring for attention like she did as a child.

Oldest son is 1/2 way through drug and slcohol treatment and seems to be doing really good. Cross my fingers/knock on wood/say a prayer. His schedule is chaotic and during the day I am the one who drives him. I have been taking time away from work for this. So my days start about 4:30 and end sometime around 6 or 7PM. Fall in bed around 9 and start all over again.

We are in the middle of a huge commercial installation. 130 windows at a hotel. We manage to get 13 to 15 windows done each day but only work on the weekends. So my only day off in the last 3 weeks was race day. Which really is not a day off. The guy who is helping me on this project is really very nice to work with. He is good with tools and stays calm. No swearing, no complaining. Just takes his check and says thank you and asks if there is anything else he can help with. OMG I wish I had found him years ago.

Labor day weekend I am invited to a friends lake house and I am going. They tell me the shower is out of commission but I will bathe in the lake if I have to. I just want some time away from all this chaos.

I had put the bike on reserve at the shop but have not had time to get back there. In the meantime I am rethinking and have decided I will buy, but I want to try out a couple more bikes. I do not want to regret this purchase. It is a lot of money and I cannot buy again next year.

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    @skinnyjeanzbound @Lauriek70 The bike ride went pretty good. She had me lead the way and I felt bad because i was actually going too fast for her a few times. I guess she hasn't been on her bike in years. We couldn't find the bike trail that my aunt told me to go to, but we still got a 7.2 mile ride in. It was pretty easy for me because its all flat out by the coast, so I couldn't went forever it seems. I was bummed we couldn't find the trail, but I took her through the state park on the way back that goes along some of the salt water marshes so it was still a pretty view.

AFM - I was pretty unproductive today. I went to see one of my friends at the restaurant she works at and she gave me Red Sox tickets for next Monday night!! I haven't been to a game in a few years so I'm excited! They're not doing too good this year, but its still a night out in Boston! Going to bed shortly so I actually get some and am rested tomorrow. I have church in the morning and then a softball game in the afternoon, our last one before playoffs, woohoo!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi guys! Just a quick drive by tonight.

The barbecue today was nice. It was pretty hot, but not terrible in the shade. The skies opened up for about a half hour, but then the sun came out again.

I left the party about a half hour after the rain had stopped, and when I put on my seatbelt in my car, I noticed it was damp. At first I thought maybe I had left the window cracked. However, as I felt the seatbelt, it was clear that the only part that was wet was the retracted portion (that is down inside the frame of the car when not in use).

When I got home, I looked to see how water could be getting into that area, and I can see that the weather stripping where my driver side door closes has a big gap. I don't know how long this has been a problem, but I will need to call the dealership on Monday. Not excited to have to deal with this. :angry:

Tomorrow I will get the mulching done and clear off the dining room table. I can't remember if I mentioned that we are giving my older sister the dining room table and chairs (we another set that we will use). I would like to get them out of the house in the next few days, if possible.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Clean baker's rack in kitchen DONE
    2. Pick up mulch from public works DONE; spread in garden beds STARTED
    3. Finish flower pots in the yard DONE
    4. Clean off dining room table
    5. Drop off clothes to GW

July Goals:

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 2014 8k = 56:49, NYE 2014 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
    Mon--walk gunner+ PT
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner+ PT
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • tootsanderson
    @toots-- getting back on schedule in terms of waking up at 6 am is the worst. Otherwise, it's not too bad. I think was harder to get back to work after a vacation when I wasn't a teacher b/c I was trying to pick up where I left off with clients, projects, etc. As a classroom teacher, I am starting fresh with new classes each year, so that part is not bad.

I think I just am too lazy. I would get too used to being at home. :p
  • toesinthesand862
    toesinthesand862 Posts: 1 Member
    What great stories and inspiration! Just a few weeks into this life change and feeling grateful. Second week of 30-day walking challenge begins tomorrow. I want to run again
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited July 2015
    While I'm trying to sit here and drink my coffee in peace, Zoe is running up biting me and running up the stairs. Think she needs attention?! Geez!

Sunday Share~Thought I would share since I haven't done it in a while and we have so many new people. I'm Kelley, 46, and an accountant in the medical field living in a suburb of Dallas, TX. I grew up in NY, but moved here 19-years ago (wow, where does the time go). My familial roots are here, so glad to live here now. I'm happily single and have a very active, funny, sweet Maine Coon cat that adopted me 2-1/2 years ago. I've been on this weight loss "journey," as I call it for many years. When I started this, I lost 75# on Weight Watchers, left for a while and came upon MFP where I lost another 25#--I struggle a lot due to hypothyroidism, food sensitivities and a chronic Achilles tendon injury that sidelines me from activity often (having it repaired in the Fall). Despite that, I have never given up (I think I have maintenance down :wink:) and recently rejoined WW in an effort to support a friend and hopefully get the rest of my weight off, I'm also working closely with a weight loss coach to help me figure this out. I love to travel, mostly by cruise ship taking 1-2 cruises a year--next up is my 2nd Alaskan cruise in a few weeks. After that, is an eastern Caribbean in February. That may be my only cruise next year, as we're planning on a northern European cruise in 2017. The best advice I ever received and that I can pass on, when you are beginning any weight loss program, is to change one thing--when that becomes a habit take on another challenge. If you try to do too much at once, it tends to backfire and you'll return to old habits. You can do this, have faith in yourself.

I have several things to do today. I was really in the mood for iced tea, so placed some sun tea outside--that will be tasty later! :yum: If you have never made tea in the sun, it tastes completely different (better) that what you brew and pour over ice or make in the fridge. I also just pulled some roasted chicken out of the oven so waiting for it to cool so I can shred it. Meanwhile, time to get started on washing kitchen cabinets and getting the wood floors washed. This afternoon, while hot, I may try and sit by the pool for some Vitamin D or I may head to the gym if I have time.

@cblue315~That sounds like a fabulous way to spend Labor Day weekend, it will be here before you know it!

Have a terrific Sunday!

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Thanks Kelley, for the condolences.

Lori, it's about time I got really serious about my health. These past 11 days have been a real soul-searcher for me. and with that ...

Sunday Share ... Hi everyone, my name is Niki, I'm 70 years old and have been trying to get a handle on my overweight for decades. However, I will never give up trying. After all, if I was able to give up cigarette smoking after 10 years of trying and 25 years as a non-smoker, I can also finally succeed at getting out of the obese category. It's on my bucket list!

One of the things I've never been able to get a grasp on doing is making out a menu for the week, shopping for that menu and then cooking it. I'm more of a cook-on-the-spur-of-the-moment type person, and then like foods that cook up in less than a half hour, for the most part. That's really funny now that I think of it, becasue that's not the kind of cook I was once upon a time ... when I was raising my son and we lived in a family setting, I knew ahead of time what I would cook each day for dinner. But then, my husband had a limited number of foods he would eat, and by extension, so did my son ... so it was easier back then. Me, I like all kinds of food from all over the world, even so; by looking at my food logs, I have identified the basic foods I eat the most of ... and have created a menu for the coming week around some of that.

So ... I have spent the entire day looking at the grocery store items (my favorite store has an on-line database) and made a menu ... including all the ingredients and instructions for all 21 meals I will have in the next 7 days. And, of course I want to share it with your all ... I haven't figured out the calories in it the meals yet ... that's next on my list.

Food Menu for the coming week ...

Morning Porridge (oatmeal, fruit, nuts)
    Sunday omelet (wrapping the left over veggies in egg)

Cabbage soup (based on an old Lenten version my mom used to make)
    Lunch Salads (mixed greens, chopped vegetables (fresh, or roasted) with fresh tomato, some beans, egg or tuna
    Polish street sandwich of mushrooms, onions, cheese (a splurge on Sat, on a Sandwich Thin instead of baguette)

Broiled Chicken Breasts (half a breast is one portion ... I'm making 2 of them)
    steamed barley (some for the soup, some for a dinner side or a lunch salad base)
    Italian Zucchini (my sister's recipe, full of peppers, summer squash, tomatoes, onion and garlic)
    Caprice Salad (a splurge with fresh mozzarella cheese at one dinner)
    Roasted root veggies (have some on hand that need to be cooked up, turnip, parsnip, carrott, onon, garlic)
    Baked mushrooms (Baby Bella mushrooms for use in other recipes and as a side)
    Pasta with veggie and mozzarella bake

Moosehead Apple Cake (makes 12 servings) ... just cause the recipe reminds me of a cake my mom made for us.

Now I need to .... follow-through
    Niki
  • Lauriek70
    edited July 2015
    Lori- I am also starting to amp up my running. I am seriously considering running 13.1 miles at some point during the next year. This will either be as a half marathon or part of a half Ironman relay team, just not sure yet. I am still biking and swimming at this point. Try the paddle boarding just be prepared to fall in, it is a great lower body and core workout since you are balancing the entire time.

Niki- the apple cake sounds wonderful.

Kelley- I postponed my bike ride today as well due to the excessive heat today. The temp and humidity was rising to quickly to make the ride enjoyable. I did go to gym to walk today. I hope your AC gets fixed quickly. This was serving as a recovery day workout and gave me a reason to get off my butt and move before going out to dinner otherwise it was too easy to be a couch potato today.

Went out to dinner tonight with my rock climbing friends and went to a Korean BBQ restaurant. It was good but I settled for shrimp and veggies which was perfect. I just could not bring myself to try some of the dishes such as octopus, tongue and stomach. The meats that I did try were good luckily it is to far away to become a regular place for dinner.

I hope everyone is able to stay cool in this heat. Have a great week.

• Lauriek70
    DON'T FORGET TO DRINK YOUR WATER. <3<3<3B)B)B)
    With this in mind it is time for a game of water challenge. Here is how it works, the next three people who this challenge need to go and drink a cup (8oz) of water. The person who issues the challenge should also drink a cup of water. You can repost the challenge throughout the days.

Benefits to help prevent dehydration. Dehydration can lead to headaches and feeling run down, so don't skimp on the water. Our bodies and cells need to be replenished.