Help and someone to watch my diary

Hello All Just repeating some info from a previous post,
I like to trim some more weight off. Not overweight. At present i am in best cycling shape ever been.
i am 5'7 165 lbs at moment age 37
I like to find a way to trim some more weight off . but don't want to sacrifice performance.
i have the natural weight off from riding all the time, but like to do that extra edge/ suggestions

To say i am an athlete into lots of cycling, races etc. so eating habits are different kind of.

Ok so i was told that at my stats is a bit considered overweight. kind of.
i feel i still like to cut
but i been doing diaries here but seems its just information going to the wind
i feel no one is watching

I like some help from anyone to look at my diary daily and offer critiiszm etc. To help motivate or yell etc. like say " hey too much sugar "

etc
I like it someone out there be interested in following my diary and activity on regular basis. i will do that same favour back.

Please respond back even PM. thanks again. all

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    I won't criticize but I have 3 years on you, about 2-3 inches on you, and I'm about 12 pounds lighter. I'll add you and give you some feedback. Can't say on a daily basis but I would be able to offer you some guidelines that you can monitor :)
  • worldtraveller321
    worldtraveller321 Posts: 150 Member
    thanks, added u to my list
  • wolfordwebsites
    wolfordwebsites Posts: 24 Member
    I would say from looking at your diary that it is quite inconsistent. You don't log your food every day, or some days, or partial days, and that is how you know how much you are taking in. Knowing the calories burned is only half of the equation, and as we have seen, exercise cals here tend to be overestimated. I would log and weigh all your food, and only eat back half your exercise calories, and see where you are in a month. Hope that helps!
  • worldtraveller321
    hi and thanks,last few weeks i wasnt logging all days, got busy but got back on band wagon now. so it starts again
  • mandamayre
    mandamayre Posts: 1 Member
    Would someone be willing to take a look at mine? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I feel like I'm exercising like crazy and eating well, but the scake just keeps hovering btwn the same five lbs for a month now.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    mandamayre wrote: »
    Would someone be willing to take a look at mine? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I feel like I'm exercising like crazy and eating well, but the scake just keeps hovering btwn the same five lbs for a month now.

Not open, but buy and use a food scale, use the recipe builder instead of generic entries, and don't eat more than you burn (ie, don't eat all of your exercise calories back--start at 50% and work your way up). That will probably solve your problem.
  • worldtraveller321
    thanks
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    you aren't logging consistently...simple.

If you don't have "time" to log your own diary chances are you aren't that into what you state your goals are.

You either want to do this or you don't. Pretty simple and easy. Strangers looking at your diary isn't going to get you to log or do what you say you want to do...only you can do that.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    you aren't logging consistently...simple.

If you don't have "time" to log your own diary chances are you aren't that into what you state your goals are.

You either want to do this or you don't. Pretty simple and easy. Strangers looking at your diary isn't going to get you to log or do what you say you want to do...only you can do that.

Yep, agree. At the end of the day you are losing weight for you; when your willpower fails, only you can get it back up again. Only you can put down that slice of chocolate cake when you know you are about to go over your calorie goal. If you expect other people to be accountable for your actions, you are basically giving yourself an excuse to fail. So, grit your teeth, grab that scale, and log everything for YOU. At the end of the day, we all have busy lives and are focusing on our own 'journey's' and won't always be there to support everyone around us, and when those times come you need to be prepared to kick your own butt. You can do this!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    You are presumably an adult--monitoring your diet is YOUR job.
  • worldtraveller321
    thanks for the advice