Meal Prep for 6 days

I'm trying to start prepping meals in advance so that I can have a cut off time for eating. I'm lost as to what to eat that wouldn't be so costly (healthy eating isn't cheap). Any help or suggestions?? Thanks!!

Replies

• mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    bump
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Buy things in bulk;
    • Chicken breasts
    • Mixed salads (make your own, even cheaper)
    • Fruit (so cheap)
    • Rice
    • Pasta
    • Beans

All of these items are cheap - at least where I shop they are.
  • mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    ive been looking at MuscleFoods.com
  • beckie666
    beckie666 Posts: 1 Member
    Me and my other half buy bulk chicken from butchers and large packets of brown pasta and chicken and lots of frozen veg.
    They can be your base meals and add to them as desirered :smiley:
    hope this helps x
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I'm not sure I understand the question - I have many meals that can be whipped up in under 30 minutes. Tonight will be a chickpea and chorizo casserole, tomorrow will be a prawn stir fry, Thursday is fish with broccoli, and Friday chicken breast with lentils and asparagus (from Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals)

Do you have a slow cooker? Freezer? Sometimes the chopping of the veg takes up most of the time - can you do that in advance and have handy bags of chopped onions, mushrooms, peppers etc in the freezer?

What do you mean by cut-off time?
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    I prep every week, and it's never expensive.

Rice & beans with hot sauce.
    Frozen broccoli with lemon & sesame tofu.
    Frozen green beans with salt & crumbled tempeh.
    3 bean chili.
    Overnight oats.
    Pasta w/ lentil spaghetti sauce.
    Banana oatmeal cookies. (mashed bananas + oats)
    Tofu & sweet potatoes.
    Salads (make my own).
    Bananas, bananas, bananas for snacks!

Beans are SO cheap, great protein, and are quick and easy to make. Healthy eating is only expensive if you make it expensive. You don't need to buy non-gmo paleo organic gluten free low cal low sugar pre-packaged things to eat "healthy". Keep it simple, buy frozen or bulk when you can, and you'll do good! ;) Get it, girl!!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Every weekend I make at least zucchini/chicken nuggets, zucchini/turkey meatballs, at least a few one pot meals (chicken cacciatore, burritos, stew, chili, any kind of soup), and marinara. I separate them into portions and freeze. It's REALLY cheap because you don't waste food and you only need to use the oven/stove once, saving energy.
  • emmalou25mk
    emmalou25mk Posts: 25 Member
    ive been looking at MuscleFoods.com

Muscle food is amazing. I buy all of my meat from there now, and the 5kg chicken breast deal is amazing and so helpful for meal prepping!