Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Well, it's been a really stressful time. Last night at about 10:30, DH stumbled at the vacation rental place we were staying at. He fell into a locked door. The doorjamb broke and he fell down a very steep set of cement stairs into an unfinished basement. He was unconscious for a while. He didn't know where he was or what had happened. He not only didn't remember the funeral, he didn't remember that my father had died. We spent the next 5 hours in the emergency room at the local hospital. He did have a concussion, but nothing showed up on the CT scan. They also checked thoroughly for any broken bones or internal injuries. He has lots of soft tissue damage, but nothing broken. His stress and pain have caused at least 2 TIAs in the last 24 hours. I am so concerned that he will never completely recover. In the meantime his blood pressure continues to be a problem. Tomorrow I have to call the cardiologist and get him to the local dr for follow up.
    Needless to say my stress level is high.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @kaye-- I'm so sorry about everything you're dealing with right now. Was glad to hear about how lovely your father's funeral service was, but sad to hear about your DH's fall. I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

@laurie-- good timing with the reminder about keeping hydrated. I had a minor headache most of yesterday which I'm sure was due to not being able to keep up with my water intake. I walked gunner and ran outside--and it was HOT. Then I finished the mulching and weeding. Then I mowed the lawn. I was drinking my water throughout, but I think I was sweating it out faster than I could consume it.

@niki-- great job getting your menu organized.

@kelley-- I love sun tea, but I never think to make it myself.

I just read a really interesting article on thermogenesis. It supports my current strategy of saving my carbs for the evening and eating more later in the day. It also says to eat bigger meals less frequently rather than several small meals.

http://www.eattoperform.com/2013/06/18/why-different-foods-and-drinks-hint-hint-can-burn-fat-more-effectively/

Monday check-in:
    As I mentioned to laurie, yesterday was a very active day. I ran outside in the awful heat and it was hard. I didn't even make it 2 miles. Just couldn't get a good rhythm so came home. Finished the mulching and decided, since I was already all sweaty and dirty, I would get the lawn mowed. Needles to say I was way under calories which is good since I was over Fri and Sat. Scale hasn't budged since I lowered my calories, but it usually takes 2-3 weeks to catch up with any changes, so I'm not concerned.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Clean baker's rack in kitchen DONE
    2. Pick up mulch from public works DONE; spread in garden beds DONE
    3. Finish flower pots in the yard DONE
    4. Clean off dining room table STARTED
    5. Drop off clothes to GW

July Goals:

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 2014 8k = 56:49, NYE 2014 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + run outside DONE
    Mon--walk gunner+ PT
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner+ PT
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Monday check-in
    13541709.png

I have a long way to go ... remembering that it's all about just one bite at a time. Also remembering how much I like the 'empty but not hungry' feeling when I'm not bloated, LOL, I feel 'light as a feather' even though my scale reminds me that I am really a boulder firmly rooted to the ground.

July goals ... This week: ... 2 Done, 2 Partial, 2 Not
    80 ounces of water a day DONE
    30 minutes of outside activity daily for 5 days NOT
    prepare my meals instead of ordering/eating out PARTIAL
    limit computer time to less than 4 hours a day PARTIAL
    Sleep in bed, not on the couch DONE
    housework for at least 2 hours daily for 5 days OH NO! I FORGOT

Now I need to get to that grocery store and get going on my food plan for this week.

- Kaye, so sorry for your husbands' fall and your stress.
    - Karen, interesting article. Have you come across a MFP poster named @Heybales from KS ... he has done a lot of research into this topic. I ran across him on the "Eat More to Weigh Less" group. Really interesting.
    - Laurie, I've decided against making that Apple Cake ... did the research and found that it comes up to over 500 calories for 1/12 of a 9x13-inch baking pan. Way too much oil and sugar for me. ... I guess I'll make an apple crumble instead.

Follow-through ... Niki
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    @NK1112 Great job setting up a menu for the week. That's one of my biggest struggles too is pre planning for the week and then prepping snacks and what not.

How is everyone's Monday going? I feel like I totally wasted today. I haven't really felt good the last few days and today is the worse, not sure if its the heat or what. But I've been pretty useless. I did go out and do some shopping and now I have to make dinner for my family. I dont know if I will eat though. Then I have a basketball game at 9pm, which is going to be rough because it's been about a month since my last game and its going to be wicked hot in there.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Hello Everyone,
    I took some time to regroup. I missed you all and now I'm in a better place to support others. Summer classes have been really hard on me. I did however find a job that I'm super excited about. I'm in Vienna VA right now traing with my new job at their HQ office.
    God Bless Everyone.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    @mnwalkingqueen - Yippee, Congrats, Love to hear your news!!!!!!! :D
    @grandmakaye44 - So sorry about DH. I will pray that everything goes the best it possibly can so you have a good outcome. Please keep us posted.
    @Lauriek70 - Thanks for the reminder about the water.
    @NK1112 - Love your description about being firmly rooted to the ground. As much as I have lost, I think I look really good then today stood next to some of the women at the bike shop and realize how much larger I am.

Yesterday was an absolutely perfect summer day here. Not too hot, not too humid. Just perfect, grilled out and did not go overboard and had a great day.
    Today I put 1/2 down on the new bike. I will post a pick after I pick it up. They are installing new pedals, my aerobars, and a bottle cage. I have decided to keep my commuter bike. I cannot put my bag rack on the new bike and I need something I can take to the grocery store etc.. I am so very excited. This is a big purchase for me. It will have to keep me going for several years.

Take care of your body, it's the only place you have to live.

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @holly-- congrats on the new job!!

@lori-- congrats on the new bike!

AFM-- another fairly productive day. I had PT in the morning, then walked gunner. I also started getting some of my school files organized and updated, then went to pick up new orthotics at the podiatrist.

Afterwards I cleaned off the dining room table b/c my sister and I are moving it to her place tomorrow. DH took off all of the table legs so it will be easy to move. Got all of my "tuesday goals" done just in time for a new tuesday. Second week in a row. :smile: I'm not counting the last goal b/c I need to finish going through some clothes before I actually do that. I just keep it on the list as a reminder.

I'm going to update my Tuesday goals early since I have time tonight.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Move dining table and chairs
    2. Clean ceiling fan.light fixture in dining room
    3. Shampoo dining room area rug
    4. Clean dining room floor/baseboards

July Goals:

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 2014 8k = 56:49, NYE 2014 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + PT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner+ PT
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    So I finally decided it was time to get me one of those job things, lol. I started sending out resumes yesterday and have an initial interview today at noon. Hopefully it goes well as I tend to get struck stupid in interviews. Don't know why but it just seems to happen. Oh well here goes....On another note I think I mentioned that I joined a new gym. Well after the initial orientation meeting with one of their personal trainers I decided to go ahead and pay for one session a week with a trainer for at least a couple months. The guy I talked to quickly figured out I had a decent handle on the nutrition end he just suggested a couple tweaks but after talking to him I thought I could probably get a lot more out of the exercise end with a little one on one help. So hopefully that job thing comes through soon because I am defenitley not used to spending this much money on something that is just for me. Okay I just got to clean up the cats mess. He jumped on my desk to get my attention knocked over my water which scared him so I got a nice claw scratch in his bid to run away. Pets are fun lol.

@Kaye I just wanted to say I hope your husband starts feeling better soon. So much for you to deal with all at once. Try to take some quiet time for yourself to help keep from getting overwhelmed.

Well I guess I better hop in the shower and start getting ready for the interview. Have a great day everyone :):)
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Ugh. As is the way in my house, I've developed a rare disease called Mastocytosis. The test results came back yesterday. This belongs here because it will profoundly effect the way I eat for the rest of my life. I have to be on a strict antihistamine diet or risk horrible side effects. Yesterday I think I was just numb. Today I'm sad. It has more far reaching impact than just diet, but today I'm trying to muddle through all these crazy diet books. I'm a little overwhelmed. I gotta be honest. I know I will lose weight though, since I can't eat jack. So every cloud has a silver lining, I guess.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    @tootsanderson - so sorry to hear that you are having to go through this on top of everything else. I hope the new food plan helps.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @toots--ugh! You guys just can't catch a break. Glad you are able to see the silver lining. Once you have a sense of what types of foods you can eat, share with us. Maybe some of us will have menu ideas or suggestions.

@tammy-- Hope the interview went well. My DH just had a "working interview" today. He today for 3 hours so he could get a feel for the place. It's a very small factory that makes sunglasses--he learned to trim and buff frames today. He really likes the atmosphere--very casual, just 12 employees, with what he described as a "rock and roll vibe." They asked him back for tomorrow for the full day. Crossing my fingers they decide to hire him b/c he seems excited about it.

AFM--I had a busy day cleaning, then my sister came in the afternoon to pick up the dining table and chairs. So happy to have them out of the house! Need the clean the area thoroughly before we bring the other table and chairs out of the spare bedroom. Right now Gunner is enjoying the area rug as a place to stretch out--we have mostly hardwoods--but he will be in for a rude awakening when we move another table into the space.

Tomorrow will be packed with errands. I have PT, then need to go to work to save all of my files (my good flashdrive is at school) and pick up my new school laptop. Finally, need to get a few things at the grocery store and pick up fish food at the pet store.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Move dining table and chairs DONE

July Goals:

Exercise Goals:
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner+ PT
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Hi everyone. I would like to say I am officially back. I missed you all. I hope everyone is doing well. I cannot wait to catch up and hear all about your successes!

It seems like a lot has changed with MFP since I have been gone. I am excited that I can access this thread from my phone! That means I can post away while feeding Isabella. Definitely makes it easier for me to keep up with the thread. ☺️

Isabella is now 6 months old. I cannot believe she is already that old.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    For kicks here are 2 pictures of my little princess.

x14gj3uh9gn1.jpg
    micu59xa2t4d.jpg
    Brian is a StarWars fan. Her shirt says The force is strong with this one.
  • tootsanderson
    JNettie73 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I would like to say I am officially back. I missed you all. I hope everyone is doing well. I cannot wait to catch up and hear all about your successes!

It seems like a lot has changed with MFP since I have been gone. I am excited that I can access this thread from my phone! That means I can post away while feeding Isabella. Definitely makes it easier for me to keep up with the thread. ☺️

Isabella is now 6 months old. I cannot believe she is already that old.

welcome back. Sweet baby!

• tootsanderson
    @toots--ugh! You guys just can't catch a break. Glad you are able to see the silver lining. Once you have a sense of what types of foods you can eat, share with us. Maybe some of us will have menu ideas or suggestions.

I know, right? I had this crazy friend who decided to read my Tarot and then call me and let me know that my bad luck is a result of crappy karma from a previous life where I was a blood thirsty warlord. So there you have it lol.
  • tootsanderson
    A little hump day inspiration for y'all. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1VInw-SKc
  • kdylinda_com
    kdylinda_com Posts: 5 Member
    May your day be healthy & productive!!!
  • tootsanderson
    Okay, @skinnyjeanzbound Here's a COMPLETE list of what I can eat. Help me find recipes!

•FRESH meat (no frozen, canned, pickled, or smoked, and no ground or chopped beef.)
    •FRESH fish (same as above.)
    •Egg yolks (no whites.)
    •FRESH fruits (no freezing, drying, canning, etc. Also no strawberries, kiwis, bananas or melons.)
    •FRESH vegetables (no frozen, canned, etc. No avocados, spinach, eggplant, or tomatoes. )
    •Grains including millet flour, spelt and corn based pastas, yeast and gluten free breads, and rice noodles.
    •Milk substitutes (Coconut or rice only.)
    •Most leafy herbs.
    •Butter only without histamine generating rancidity (I have no clue what that means.)

Thanks!
  • Methynks
    Methynks Posts: 32 Member
    Hiya guys,
    new (re-) joiner here. I had lost around 3 stones for my wedding in 2013, but gained it all back - and then some. So I stepped on my dusty scales this morning and went on updating my old excel sheets and starting afresh with MFP, too. Now I would love to have some supportive friends on this new/old journey.
    I already know that I should have started next Wednesday as we have a very busy week ahead with going out for birthdays, dinners, weekend away with friends etc, but if I can survive this week with just staying the same through all of this and getting back into the habit of weighing myself and being more mindful in general - then that's already a lot more than what I have done so far..
    I will try and read up on the last couple of pages and am looking fwd to getting to know you all! Please feel free to add me as friend, and maybe send me a quick introductory message so I can get to know you better?
    I am 36years old, currently 285lbs :-( german born but living in the UK with my English hubby :smiley:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @Methynks --welcome to the thread. I think you were right to start now despite the social plans--there will always be birthdays and special events--life happens--as you said, the point is to just do your best for those special occasions.

@toots-- it looks like a lot of what you're allowed to eat would fit a Paleo diet, so maybe search websites for those recipes? Haha--that's what you get for your past transgressions--bloodthirsty warlord--hilarious!

@nettie-- Welcome back!! Such cute pics of your baby--and I love the Yoda one. You should do this to her bedroom:

drg61177ls5z.jpg

Wednesday Wish:
    That my DH gets offered the position at this company. Not b/c it would be nice to have a second income again (which it would), but b/c he really seemed to like it yesterday. He's there all day today, so fingers crossed that he comes home with good news.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Move dining table and chairs DONE

July Goals:

Exercise Goals:
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + PT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner