Weird "dent" in one of my quadriceps?

Since I've started lifting weights more, I've been developing more muscle which is great but I've also developed this weird "dent" in my left quadricep. It's not painful or anything. I always stretch and stuff, and I've been careful about maintaining good form (to the best of my knowledge) as well. So what's up with the dent? Anybody else experience this phenomenon? (picture of said anomaly attached)
6j0catr45jeu.jpg

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Wut? No pain and no problems then no worries. Keep it moving
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Maybe it's a weird depleted pocket of cellulite?...you look pretty fit though...that's all I got. It is weird, I hope you find out what it is.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    do you have any other picture angles? how is the skin texture? how long has it been since you noticed it?
  • Hausisse1
    Hausisse1 Posts: 165 Member
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    do you have any other picture angles? how is the skin texture? how long has it been since you noticed it?

Skin texture is normal. It's been a few weeks, maybe a month. I can take another picture!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Where is it in the picture?
  • Pittleydink
    Pittleydink Posts: 68 Member
    Are you referring to the circle? It kind of looks like ring-worm. Does it itch?
  • Hausisse1
    I just dunno what other angle would help...
  • Hausisse1
    DopeItUp wrote: »

Definitely not ringworm (I see what you're talking about but it isn't what I'm referring to)... it's on the edge of my leg. Like on the side to the left of what looked like ringworm to you
  • Hausisse1
    No textural difference, but it's definitely a dent. When I run my hand down it I can feel a dip in my quad... it's not like that on my right leg. I'm not really worried 'cause like I said, no pain- just weird!
  • Pittleydink
    Pittleydink Posts: 68 Member
    Hausisse1 wrote: »

Definitely not ringworm (I see what you're talking about but it isn't what I'm referring to)... it's on the edge of my leg. Like on the side to the left of what looked like ringworm to you

Yes now I see it. I don't know what that is. It looks like you're flexing it.

• Hausisse1

Yes now I see it. I don't know what that is. It looks like you're flexing it.

I wasn't flexing at all! It's just always like that. But not on my right leg.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    If it's always like that, how is it weird?
  • Hausisse1
    DavPul wrote: »
    If it's always like that, how is it weird?

It hasn't always been like that. It appeared like a few weeks ago- I meant that it's like that even when I'm not flexing. But I dunno, I don't imagine it's a big problem or anything.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Hmmm isn't that some sort of muscle outline? I have something similar I think, it is more pronounced in one leg than in the other :open_mouth:
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I get a dent on my leg about where yours is from the arm of my chair. I cross my legs and that's where it hits the arm of the chair. I've always crossed my legs and hit that arm that way but the dent stayed when I started to do a lot more leg work. It goes eventually as long as I keep my leg off the arm of the chair. I spat chips when it first showed - what on earth? Can take a couple of weeks.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    It looks like the outline of muscle to me. I have the same, muscle is more pronounced on my left leg than my right. I personally wouldn't worry about it, but if you are worried, you can always ask your doctor?
  • Hausisse1
    It looks like the outline of muscle to me. I have the same, muscle is more pronounced on my left leg than my right. I personally wouldn't worry about it, but if you are worried, you can always ask your doctor?

Okay, yeah, I guess that might be it. I'm not too worried! It just weirded me out, haha.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member

Okay, yeah, I guess that might be it. I'm not too worried! It just weirded me out, haha.

Yay so it's not too rare of a thing, it's just them muscles being fabulous.
  • I have the exact same dent in the same spot. Did you ever find out the cause?
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    I have something like that. It’s in both of the legs but one more than the other. I’ve asked my family physician and my orthopedic surgeon about it and they’ve both said they didn’t think it was anything concerning. Mine is very noticeable, like an invisible band wrapped around my leg. I hate it. I’ve been foam rolling hoping bro loosen it up if there is anything too tight. Haven’t noticed a difference yet.