That "holy" moment from people who see me after my weight loss transformation...

msharrington315
msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
edited August 2015 in Success Stories
Having lost over 200 pounds in less than a year gets some funny reactions from people. The majority of people who knew me, some even for years prior, literally do not recognize me. I work for a very large corporation and I often run into people with whom I had worked prior to my weight loss. I get a kick out of seeing if they can recognize who I am. Almost every single person does not at first, but upon realizing or revealing who I am I get some priceless reactions...

"Holy ----!" is by far the most common. And take into consideration that this is often exclaimed out loud in the hallways of where I work.

"Did you get the surgery?" - People cannot conceive that I did this without surgery in the amount of time I did.

This one is kind of funny and I have heard it in varying fashion- "Are you okay?" or "Were you sick?"... often followed by "You don't look sick. You look fantastic!"

The best of all is merely the stunned look on people's faces. I have literally had some people get speachless.

When I started this whole plan, I didn't even consider how this was going to affect others. It is amazing to me sometimes how far I have come and how much I am inspiring others to take care of their own health.

Let's hear your stories!

Replies

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    haha I love it! I know for sure that I have said the same first couple words when seeing people who look drastically different (fit!). I hope to be there one day.

Do you have before/after pics to share? Thanks for sharing -gave me a smile today!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Congratulations on your new lifestyle transformation.
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2015
    Over 200, hot damn. I get those same remarks after losing 120ish in a year :) Good for you, I hope you are as healthy and as happy as you wanted to be ! I am :)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    Kidding. Really though I would love to see before and afters :) I love to see peoples' amazing transformations.
    Congrats on your success!
  • HeatherCrazyCat
    HeatherCrazyCat Posts: 46 Member
    Good Lord!
    I've just gone and snuck a look at your profile photos - what a fantastic transformation! Congratulations!
    I bet your kids are loving having such an active dad :)
  • Alexanola
    Alexanola Posts: 1 Member
    I"m on a journey towards losing 50 pounds. I've just lost 13. I'm a little concerned about saggy skin. Any tips or feedback?
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Amazing and inspirational. I got get those compliments and it nice but at times uncomfortable so i keep my responses short but pleasant.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    What a mighty feat!!! I am so happy for you!
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Good Lord!
    I've just gone and snuck a look at your profile photos - what a fantastic transformation! Congratulations!
    I bet your kids are loving having such an active dad :)

+1
    Good work!

• losky2
    losky2 Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats! What a feeling that must be!

I've "only" lost 35 since January, but with exercise I've trimmed up a bit more than I was expecting at this point. I had my first "head-turn" on Monday night. A theatre friend who hadn't seen me since January or February stopped talking and literally turned his head to follow me as I walked into the theater. He said "you look fantastic!" When he called me Wednesday evening to tell me the results of my audition he asked "what have you been doing to lose so much weight?" Of course I said the usual "literally working my butt off... diet and exercise." He said "oh yeah, my doctor and wife tell me the same thing." ;)
  • jessidarklighter
    jessidarklighter Posts: 10 Member
    I need to lose 100 pounds, and I would be incredibly happy to be able to lose it in 6 months. Can you tell me what you did specifically? Did you follow MFP's auto-populated calorie count? What kind of exercise did you do, if any? I want to get that reaction too.
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    What else can they say?? It is an impressive transformation!
  • msharrington315
    edited August 2015
    You can see some pictures on my personal site: www.mikeinspiresme.com or my interview on ShapeFit.com. I promise I will try to get some more out there...
  • msharrington315
    85y9liauh2lp.jpg
    exqqnbaj867g.jpg
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Damn you look AMAZING!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    That is so awesome! I lost 90 lbs my first year, then maintained. Everyone got used to me at 208, so this year so far I have dropped almost 50 lbs, and I have gotten reactions from "Dang girl! When are you gonna stop losing weight?" to "Wow you look fantastic - What's your secret?", all the way to someone yesterday "Did you lose a lot of weight?", I shake my head yes, and she continues "On purpose?" LOL It is nice that others can see the outward results of all of my hard work, but also very embarrassing for others to be so open with discussing my body. At least I can give some sound advice. My secret? Eating better and moving more. The End :smile:
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    AMAZING!! Congratulations on your weight loss and body transformation. Thanks for posting, this is very encouraging.
  • msharrington315
    Thanks, everyone. I FEEL amazing. :smile:

Inside each of us is the potential to do GREAT THINGS.
  • suejabin2014
    suejabin2014 Posts: 116 Member
    Amazing, just amazing! Congrats :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!