adipex - diet pill

1234568»

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    I started at about the same size as you, OP, without pills. Just be careful.
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    I think Dr's need to STOP handing out prescriptions for these pills as all they are is an amphetamine/speed!! Why not go to a dietician to get help and do it the right way? My daughter went on Duromine for a few months, became addicted and when she came off of them she ballooned to a size 20-22and she's only 27. It's just a quick fix to loose a lot of weight in a very unhealthy way. And when you come off them you will put the weight back on plus more if you don't diet properly. They also cause a lot of health problems over time. It's not hard to watch your calorie intake and exercise everyday and loose the weight properly and keep it off in the end. Good luck.
  • MirandaD0313
    MirandaD0313 Posts: 20 Member
    I use zantrex! I don't always use it everyday but it helps give me the boost of energy I need sometimes to workout. Also I have garcinia cambogia because since I am a CNA I don't always get the time to eat so that helps fill me up. I have started using slim fast as well to help with my protein in take too and I love it. I would highly suggest slimfast.
  • jstrlv
    jstrlv Posts: 11 Member
    Tahlia68 wrote: »
    I think Dr's need to STOP handing out prescriptions for these pills as all they are is an amphetamine/speed!! Why not go to a dietician to get help and do it the right way? My daughter went on Duromine for a few months, became addicted and when she came off of them she ballooned to a size 20-22and she's only 27. It's just a quick fix to loose a lot of weight in a very unhealthy way. And when you come off them you will put the weight back on plus more if you don't diet properly. They also cause a lot of health problems over time. It's not hard to watch your calorie intake and exercise everyday and loose the weight properly and keep it off in the end. Good luck.

Believe me, most doctors aren't just handing these prescriptions out... I'm still paying off almost $800 worth of medical tests to rule out any underlying medical condition for my inability to lose weight the old fashioned way. You are right about the medication being a stimulant, but this also makes it easier to get up and get outside to workout. Being overweight can cause a great deal of depression, so having a little something to give me a mental and physical boost to get out there and start feeling better about myself, starts making it easier to establish healthier habits and eventually wean off the medication. Taking any medication over long periods of time can cause various health problems, but being overweight is just as dangerous. I have no problem admitting I needed a little boost to get me off in the right direction. Please don't be so quick to say it's "not hard" to watch calories and exercise... It's a daily internal struggle most days, usually becoming easier over time, but non the less, it CAN be really really hard sometimes.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I'll just reiterate what I'm sure has already been said umpteen times (sorry I didn't read all 5 pages, but I know there are lots of smart folk here.)
    You may lose weight with this pill. No one is really debating that. The problem is, it doesn't allow you to properly form the habits you will need to KEEP IT OFF. And what good will that do you in the long run?
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Well said Jennifer_417!!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    When I lost the weight in the past, I made new habits with eating and exercise, but I still gained it all back eventually, so no matter what method I choose, I have about the same long-term success rate. Just something to ponder.