Activity level.

sevans85mfp
sevans85mfp Posts: 25 Member
Not sure what activity level I am.

I'm currently on maternity leave, up and down with my walking 10 month old. We go for a walk or 2 each day. I have a Fitbit and my daily steps usually between 15-20k
Other than that I'd track my running/classes separately.

Should I pick the lowest level Sedentary or Lughtly active?

Replies

• Dominions40K
    Dominions40K Posts: 6 Member
    With 15-20k steps per day it's not sedentary therefore lightly active might be the best option.
  • YellowApple666
    YellowApple666 Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2015
    From my experience, <3500 steps = Sedentary
    10k steps = somewhere between Lightly active and Active
    It depends on many factors, including how much effort you put into your walking, but 15-20k steps sounds more like Active or Very Active to me. Especially if you are carrying your kid or pushing a stroller.
    If you link your Fitbit and MFP accounts you will get a more accurate reading.

Check the Fitbit group, it has a ton of useful information!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1
  • lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    I have mine set to sedentary (reality is active in summer - very active in winter) and let the Fitbit do the calorie adjustments. If you just want to know what level for your own info - maybe pick lightly active and see what kind of daily Fitbit adjustment you have but make sure to have negative adjustments enabled (just in case).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Not sure what activity level I am.

I'm currently on maternity leave, up and down with my walking 10 month old. We go for a walk or 2 each day. I have a Fitbit and my daily steps usually between 15-20k
    Other than that I'd track my running/classes separately.

Should I pick the lowest level Sedentary or Lughtly active?

With a fitbit it doesn't matter, just enable negative adjustment and it will pick up your step based activity, including running for you and adjust automatically

I'm still set to sedentary but am nowhere near...I log workouts by my HRM reads
  • sevans85mfp
    sevans85mfp Posts: 25 Member
    Okay. That makes sense.

I don't put any effort or get out of breath walking or doing the steps. So don't class it as exercise. But if I connect my Fitbit it won't matter will it as there will be an adjustment. I didn't even realise I could do that. So in going to now x