it has begun

jnieves70
jnieves70 Posts: 19 Member
Started on a military diet , let's see how it goes , since I'm also working out during the evening ....

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    What's a military diet?
  • Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    If you're doing a military diet actually instructed by the military you should be fine. If you are doing the fad 'military diet' quit while you are ahead as no healthy longevity will actually come from it.
  • jnieves70
    Yea I am , most of all my family are military , let's see how it goes since I have low metabolism due to my thyroid surgery..... its a healthy diet and strick
  • jnieves70
    themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan , here's the site that talks and shows how the diet is.....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    It that the eggs and hot dogs one?
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Military Diet, I have never heard of this one? When I was in the Army my diet was 3,000 - 5,000 calories daily. I guess I don't get how this could be a diet.
  • MaternalCopulator
    MaternalCopulator Posts: 125 Member
    As a veteran, that's the dumbest sh** I've ever seen. The REAL military works out a lot, and eats a lot... like 4k+ a day.

There is nothing healthy about losing 10 pounds a week (the exception being super-morbidly obese)

If you have thyroid issues, get them taken care of, don't destroy your body for vanity.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited July 2015
    jnieves70 wrote: »
    themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan , here's the site that talks and shows how the diet is.....

That is the VLCD fad that has nothing to do with the military. At best you would lose a few pounds of water weight that you will regain once the diet is over.
  • jnieves70
    I'm not taking it on the extreme like other people do on a 3 day diet , more the whole coffee consumption , especially with my condition , but just a regular diet that my own relatives have given me thru their experience in the military , but thx for the advice
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Yea I am , most of all my family are military , let's see how it goes since I have low metabolism due to my thyroid surgery..... its a healthy diet and strick

no it's not. no one in the military eats like this. no one.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    I look at it this way, short time frame= short results. If you have family in the military, ask them what they ate and how they trained and follow that plan instead of looking at this fad diet.

If you are looking to cut back on coffee, I suggest slowly weaning yourself off to avoid getting caffeine withdrawal headaches.
  • MaternalCopulator
    MaternalCopulator Posts: 125 Member
    If you're following the thing you linked, you're doing a disservice to yourself. There was nothing overly healthy about the food I/we ate in the military, our big thing was staying active...

So what is it that you're actually getting from them? A bunch of ways to cut weight quick for weigh ins? That's also not a terribly good idea. You don't need to make weight for a Physical Fitness Assessment, so why impact your health?
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    i can see why someone would want to eat like that though .. ice cream every evening? noooom! .. although this fat kid shall resist. -_____-
  • GeeWillickers
    GeeWillickers Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2015
    yeahfatty wrote: »
    i can see why someone would want to eat like that though .. ice cream every evening? noooom! .. although this fat kid shall resist. -_____-

Plenty of people on here and in real life eat ice cream every evening and lose weight or maintain healthy weight.

Edit: But agree with everyone else as any fad diet is a bad diet for the most part.
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    yeahfatty wrote: »

Plenty of people on here and in real life eat ice cream every evening and lose weight or maintain healthy weight.

Edit: But agree with everyone else as any fad diet is a bad diet for the most part.

& I'm certainly not commenting on what other people do, as I said this fat kid.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I'm not taking it on the extreme like other people do on a 3 day diet , more the whole coffee consumption , especially with my condition , but just a regular diet that my own relatives have given me thru their experience in the military , but thx for the advice

I spent 9 years in the military and never heard of this stupid VLCD until I read about it on the MFP forums. It's been around for a long time under different names. When I did have to see a nutritionist while I was in, I was told to keep an eye on my portions and log my food, not eat 800 calories a day.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    My aunt does this and I have not noticed any weight loss for her, but I wish you the best. the best way to get healthy and lose weight is adopt a healthy LIFESTYLE and adjust your calories to burn more then you consume. calories in,calories out.
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Hotdogs, ice cream, and coffee. Sign me up :wink:
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    ^^^ what he said. I stopped eating fried foods, and focused on exercise and healthy non processed food. I lost 50 pounds and feel great. Its never been a diet with me, it is a lifestyle change because you are never done with it.