Can i rant a bit?

_The_Lone_Wolf_
_The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
No1 around here and in the past some people said, if you need to rant just drop it here so...

I am on my second week T25 and first week Insanity Max:30 for weightloss and i absolutely ffing hate it!!!!!!!!
Although i notice improvement in my stamina and already a tiny reduction in the waist i absolutely hate this bs!!

Cant they just make a actual workout for people that are overweight, these frikkin burpies and floorwork is hard and dreadfull with the weight and i have to do T25 for 90 ffing days and max30 for 60 pffff #*&U%*# but after failing alot of stuff i MUST finish it but once im at a point that i reached my goal... screw Shaun T and his workouts, never going back to that and will then hitting the weights more often.

AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Feeling better already
Whoosah
woosah-gif-bad-boys-2.gif

Replies

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Why do something you hate? Find a workout you enjoy.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    missh1967 wrote: »
    Why do something you hate? Find a workout you enjoy.

I got this one DVD I hated. I did it for 2 minutes and put it in a drawer. I can easily bicycle for an hour because I enjoy it. Exercise shouldn't be a chore. If you hate it, you won't do it.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    edited July 2015
    I enjoy none B)
    Just as drinking water&tea all day and eating clean but have to pull through, maybe when im in shape i might enjoy it a tiny bit.

Hate cycling! Rather take the motorcycle ><
    Dont know if you hate something you wont do it, so far im doing it for the cause :) but not liking it at all gheghe
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    You say you look forward to lifting? Why not just do that. The weight loss comes from the diet part. Lifting will ensure most of the weight you lose comes from fat. It also continues to burn calories at a higher rate for longer after you finish than cardio does.
  • Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Nothing worth having is ever easy. I'm doing the same regimen as you and though I know it is going to be brutal, the results both physically and mentally are worth the temporary discomfort. Focus on why you are 'suffering' in the first place and it will keep you motivated or find a workout you can enjoy, trust me there is at least one.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    edited July 2015
    I know but currently i am dealing with a injury which is keeping me off the lifting and i must admit, i dont feel comfortable at the moment to be in the gym, so thats why im hitting the HIIT so i lose weight and let my injury gradually heal
  • KellyAnnMeegan
    KellyAnnMeegan Posts: 5 Member
    Do not waste your time on something you hate.
    Beachboy lets you return items that you do not like depending on how long you have owned it.
    Depending on where you live there are excellent programs and fitness groups.
    If you hate all DVDs. Just start walking and you will be amazed at what just moving does.
    I love Camp gladiator it is an outdoor fitness program I hate gyms and get easily bored with reputation of DVDs.
    Good luck what ever you decide to do stop continue but Shaun T can be ANNOYING so if you continue and know the DVD just follow along but mute the TV and listen to some good tunes.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    Nothing worth having is ever easy. I'm doing the same regimen as you and though I know it is going to be brutal, the results both physically and mentally are worth the temporary discomfort. Focus on why you are 'suffering' in the first place and it will keep you motivated or find a workout you can enjoy, trust me there is at least one.

I know, you are right, i just need to stay focused but as i am alone, (no fam and such) its hard to stay the course sometimes but determinated just having starter problems because im in such a bad shape i guess.

• _The_Lone_Wolf_
    Do not waste your time on something you hate.
    Beachboy lets you return items that you do not like depending on how long you have owned it.
    Depending on where you live there are excellent programs and fitness groups.
    If you hate all DVDs. Just start walking and you will be amazed at what just moving does.
    I love Camp gladiator it is an outdoor fitness program I hate gyms and get easily bored with reputation of DVDs.
    Good luck what ever you decide to do stop continue but Shaun T can be ANNOYING so if you continue and know the DVD just follow along but mute the TV and listen to some good tunes.
    In my country we dont have all that great outdoor programs and such and i already started it so i am going to finish it, already didnt finish so many things, i AM going to do this, its just hard and i just needed to blow off some steam :)
    (hate walking btw unless its in nature which we dont have alot here)

• JeraldTX
    JeraldTX Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2015
    I don't know of anyone that actually likes burpies. If they tell you they do then they are lying to you.

Look closely at the DVD. You can tell even Sean T is thinking, "Oh please! not more burpies."

Yup, Like any sane person. I hate burpies! No, I hate, HATE, HATE, HATE burpies!!!

But I do like the effect they have on my body. So I do them and pretend to be excited. And say "Yea, more burpies." (Fake it til you make it.) It hasn't worked yet. I still don't like 'em.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    Hahaha ok, that comment made me laugh
    And thnx for all the replies + or - it at least distracted my mind, time for tea :smiley:
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    I started T25 after a few months off. I did everything at the pace I could do it at. After 5 weeks I can now do stuff faster. Since you can't do your lifting just get your 25 min a day in and I bet you won't regret it in 2 weeks. Work out is work out. You'll benefit. Liking it may or may not come later. Just make it a habit, whether you like it or not.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2015
    80TAURUS80 wrote: »
    No1 around here and in the past some people said, if you need to rant just drop it here so...

I am on my second week T25 and first week Insanity Max:30 for weightloss and i absolutely ffing hate it!!!!!!!!
    Although i notice improvement in my stamina and already a tiny reduction in the waist i absolutely hate this bs!!

Cant they just make a actual workout for people that are overweight, these frikkin burpies and floorwork is hard and dreadfull with the weight and i have to do T25 for 90 ffing days and max30 for 60 pffff #*&U%*# but after failing alot of stuff i MUST finish it but once im at a point that i reached my goal... screw Shaun T and his workouts, never going back to that and will then hitting the weights more often.

AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Feeling better already
    Whoosah
    woosah-gif-bad-boys-2.gif

Have you tried walking? It works. People around here seem to like lifting as well, which works no matter what your ability level, but you don't have to do that if you don't want to.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    I HATE CARDIO!! I hate it! If I had to do cardio to lose weight..I would have been heavy FOREVER!! Instead I have been lifting weights and hitting the stepper and cycling machines at the gym. I have a rule that I have to go to the gym 3-4 days a week...If you don't enjoy it, then it's not sustainable. Try kick boxing or circuit training..switch it up! You may find something you really enjoy!
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    I will but first i am going to finish this bs, to prove to myself that i can and to prove people that say if you hate ityou cant finish it B)

I did Thaiboxing for years but no money for that stuff although i still have a punchingbag, just need to hang it somewhere :)
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm doing T25 also. The only thing I like about it is that it's over in 27 minutes. My 10 year old daughter actually really likes T25. She randomly does the workouts when she's bored. Yeah, she's a little weirdo!
    432upbxbu602.jpg
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    I want to be that cat lol just chillin ><
  • PattiWalling
    PattiWalling Posts: 25 Member
    Maybe if you gave it another couple weeks you will find it not so horrible. When I started my fitness journey 4 1/2 years ago I lifted weights 3 days a week and did 2 days of 20 minute HIIT and that was it. After 6 months or so I frequented a Zumba class for a couple years but never stopped lifting weights. That has been the one main constant as far as working out. There was a time when I didn't do any other cardio but for the last year I have been rowing or climbing the stair mill or walking on an elliptical but the point is, I switch it up and do the stuff I enjoy (or semi-enjoy) and sometimes I steal off to the gymnasium and shoot hoops. No matter your size there is a place for you at the gym. You need to know people are concentrating on their own bodies and the changes they want to make and are not nearly as interested in judging you as you might believe and personally I think you should be proud to get in there and do what needs to be done without feeling down on yourself. I walked in there weighing 363 lb and am down to 200 lb. If you love lifting then get to lifting and don't look back!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    do something you like doing and stop forcing yourself into the "exercise bubble"
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    The only thing that got me through T25 was the daily entertainment provided by no one telling Shaun T's husband about the wonders of compression pants limiting the range of motion of male genitalia. Seriously, next workout, you'll see it, and then you'll never be able to unsee it.