From 350 lbs to 220 lbs (Progress photo)

13»

Replies

• runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    slimbettie wrote: »
    Hahahaha love the before pic with the Coke... :D You are doing great. Well done on your accomplishments so far.

Thank you @slimbettie. That photo is tough to look back on but its hard not to be amused by the look on my face as I pour myself that coke. I still drink a soda on occasion but I make sure its a happier moment
  • quackmunch
    quackmunch Posts: 20 Member
    that is absolutely amazing...just seeing your progress has a big grin on my face. Well done!!!
  • Jiggamund
    Jiggamund Posts: 1 Member
    I have a few questions.

At what point in the weight loss journey did you start running?
    Did you have to learn proper running form?
    Did you ever get injured from running?

I ask because I am about 245 , 5'10" and probably have completely incorrect form. I don't want to injure myself because of it.
  • runfoorun
    @juggamund, I'm so sorry about the delayed response. I started running right away in my journey. It was more of a slow shuffle in the beginning and I incorporated a lot of walk breaks to get started. I never felt like I had to learn proper form but I know my form isn't the best either. So far I've been lucky not to have suffered any injuries. I've had a ton of aches and pains but I try to be smart about it and not push through possible injuries. I switch to hiking and throw in some spin classes if I feel an overuse injury coming on but so far have not had to take anymore than a handful of days off to recover from any of my races.
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Dam!!!!!!!!
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    wow you look great! good job :-)
  • runfoorun
    Thanks @kjurassic and @karenkasbi :)
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    What an inspirational transformation. I've lost 100 lbs so far and am trying to complete a 5k. I'm totally motivated by your message this morning and will remember when I run tonight - that it's all in the mind. If I do complete the 5K, I shall come back here and share. Thank you for being a huge motivation.
  • Megan__Marie
    Megan__Marie Posts: 182 Member
    Amazing transformation! You are truly inspirational. I love going on the message boards and seeing stories like yours. It helps remind me that I'm not alone. I have a long way to go, but reading stories like yours encourages me not to give up, to keep going. Thank you for sharing.
  • Megan__Marie
    Megan__Marie Posts: 182 Member
    edited July 2015
    By the way, LOVED your blog! The pictures are a gorgeous touch!
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Cynthiamr2015 Posts: 161 Member
    I just checked out your blog..FANTASTIC is the only word I can say. Keep up the great work. :)
  • lilyann001
    lilyann001 Posts: 75 Member
    Did you have a personal trainer along the way? Did you feel you needed a personal trainer to tell you what diet you should have and particular exercises to do to get to your particular goals? If not, how did you find out what particular type of exercises and diet to have?
  • runfoorun
    What an inspirational transformation. I've lost 100 lbs so far and am trying to complete a 5k. I'm totally motivated by your message this morning and will remember when I run tonight - that it's all in the mind. If I do complete the 5K, I shall come back here and share. Thank you for being a huge motivation.

Thank you so much. 100 lbs loss is amazing!! Congrats and good luck to you on your 5k. Please fill me in on how it goes for you.
  • runfoorun
    I just checked out your blog..FANTASTIC is the only word I can say. Keep up the great work. :)

Thank you!! I love keeping the blog up but sometimes I wonder if anyone reads it. HahaThank you for checking it out :)
  • runfoorun
    lilyann001 wrote: »
    Did you have a personal trainer along the way? Did you feel you needed a personal trainer to tell you what diet you should have and particular exercises to do to get to your particular goals? If not, how did you find out what particular type of exercises and diet to have?

I didn't have a trainer along the way. I played a lot of sports, ran, and weightlifted in my youth so I kinda reverted to what I knew. I went straight to running and strength training in the beginning of this process. My diet was a big big learning process and I'm still trying to figure out how to stay disciplined in losing the last 30 or so lbs. I think what it comes down to is strengthening your body in all ways. Making your muscles stronger, including your heart, and improving and maintaining your cardiovascular fitness. Trail running and weightlifting is how I choose to do it and I love it. Find what you enjoy, whether it be cycling, crossfit, bodyweight exercises, kettle bells, zumba, or whatever and just go for it. Make it hurt, embrace the pain, and enjoy the process of getting healthy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!