Details from nutrition screen?

Hi there - more interested in nutrition than calories but is there any way of finding which food has led to 'too much vitamin A' for example?

Frustrating to see quantities higher than 'goal' and wondered if there was somewhere to see what specifically had contributed towards that?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    I think maybe your Micro managing a bit too much. Unless you have medical issues with Vitamin A as long as you eat a balanced diet there should be no issues. Also MFP is not an accurate way to monitor vitamins as they are not normally a legal requirement on food labels and as the entries on the database are mainly user generated the amounts are likely not listed or accuracy is suspect
  • isthatpoisontoo
    isthatpoisontoo Posts: 21 Member
    I can generally work it out from the pie chart breaking it down by meal. There's no need to worry, though, it's usually in the form of beta carotene, which the body converts to vitamin a as needed, so there isn't really such a thing as too much.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    The easiest (and possibly the only way I can think of using the free version) is to use the Web version or the iOS app, but not the Android app. On the Web version, change one of your five nutrients tracked (displayed) to Vitamin A, then look at the individual entries on the Food Diary page. Those changes will sync to the iOS app and will display on the Diary page when the screen is rotated to landscape view. It is disappointing that the Android app team has not implemented the coding for this feature yet.
    Please see this article, and many other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages.
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/403927-how-can-i-change-the-nutrients-that-are-tracked-in-my-diary-
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Sweet potatoes, carrots, dark leafy greens, winter squashes, dried apricots, cantaloupe, bell peppers.
  • chubber1367
    chubber1367 Posts: 2 Member
    I just used Vit A as example but equally protein was over and apart from the obvious wanted to see what food was contributing in each area - no point telling you 'you're over' if you can't learn from it, and I know it's not 100% accurate but a useful tool thanks xx
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Hi there - more interested in nutrition than calories but is there any way of finding which food has led to 'too much vitamin A' for example?

Frustrating to see quantities higher than 'goal' and wondered if there was somewhere to see what specifically had contributed towards that?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can see which food entry contains which macros/micros by going to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary on the web app, or on the iOS app go to Diary > Nutrition (down the bottom) > Nutrients (up the top).

Someone else can help you with the Android app if you need it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Go to your food diary, scroll to the bottom. On the left click view full report. You have the option to change dates at the top so you can run it for one day or month ect.