Best workout for home

FunSizedKJ
FunSizedKJ Posts: 67 Member
edited August 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Working out in a gym has always been necessary for me but I find myself in a position now where I truly can't go because of my daughter (she's 8 months so places with daycare inside them won't take her) and the fact that my husband work opposite schedules since we have nobody who can help us with her.

I need to get myself back at a healthier weight and in better shape, so I'm looking for recommendations for home workout routines? I did p90x when it first came out and I wasn't in love with it, also I wasn't impressed with T25.

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    What kind of equipment do you have? What kind are you willing to get?
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    The YMCA will watch babies.

Or when mine were babies I took them for walks in a stroller. Even after my third you would see me pushing them in a double stroller. Talk about a good workout! I also have a decent treadmill and get in workouts that way.
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Try youtube videos. I like adrian bryants videos. Or zumba videos off youtube
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Fitness blender on YouTube is good. I liked t25 but 30 ds was alright too
  • fultoncounty
    fultoncounty Posts: 1 Member
    I like Cathe DVDs for home workouts but you do need some space. You will need a step, band, mat and assorted weights.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Anything long as you move. Fill two milk jugs with water and lift them. You can walk up steps if you have them. Toe touches. Anything really
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    You can do a lot just with some basic equipment like a skipping rope and a few kettlebells. Skipping burns serious calories! Search google for body weight exercise routines if you don't have any equipment. There's also yoga and pilates. Lots of you tube channels - be fit, fitness blender, blogilates etc. I like 12 minute athlete - intense and short workouts which might be useful if you're fitting them in around caring for a baby.

Or you could use your baby as a weight! :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7K0FqOkG5c

Don't forget walking - especially if you're baby wearing or pushing a stroller it'll get you moving! Find some hills if you want a challenge.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    TRX (suspension training) + walking/running.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Fitness blender is my favorite exercise site. All videos are free. They have a terrific variety and if you want, you can choose to buy one of their schedules (very inexpensive), and they will hit all major areas. I'm currently halfway through their 4 week low impact program and I'm loving it.
  • verbrady
    verbrady Posts: 3 Member
    FunSizedKJ wrote: »
    Working out in a gym has always been necessary for me but I find myself in a position now where I truly can't go because of my daughter (she's 8 months so places with daycare inside them won't take her) and the fact that my husband work opposite schedules since we have nobody who can help us with her.

I need to get myself back at a healthier weight and in better shape, so I'm looking for recommendations for home workout routines? I did p90x when it first came out and I wasn't in love with it, also I wasn't impressed with T25.
    FunSizedKJ wrote: »

• TiaGia101
    TiaGia101 Posts: 51 Member
    The Sworkit app is good for giving exercise routines. My favorite workout dvd is Physique 57.