Addicted to Peanut butter?

Has anyone loved peanut butter so much that you feel like you need it every day? And if you broke the habit or have advice as to how to break this(without going crazy) let me know. Even if I keep it out of the house I feel like I need it.

Replies

• Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    You can eat it every day if you want to; you just have to fit it into your calories. If you mean you can't have it in the house without overindulging then maybe buy it in individual serving sizes and try to restrict yourself to one a day?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Make room for it in your calorie goal eat some.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    I do have peanut butter every day. I have 2 T (32 grams) in my smoothie every morning and sometimes have more later. But since it's 200 calories, I have to plan carefully to fit it in my calorie budget.

I don't have cravings for it or feel like it is a problematic food. For foods that I do find problematic, like Girl Scout Cookies and M&Ms, the best solution for me is to just not have it in the house.
  • haleyjones7
    haleyjones7 Posts: 16 Member
    I am addicted too, but if you spread out how much you eat throughout the day you should be able to fit it in your calorie goals. I do!
  • Kghaines
    Kghaines Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2015
    Thanks all!
    My mom is allergic so I could never have it growing up.then after I got married I went to town. :P I like the plan of actually measuring it out (as opposed to taking a spoon to the jar) and only eating it if I measure and track it first. only eating it once a day will also be helpful so if I want it again I will just look forward to the next day even more. :)
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Love PB and dont forget J. I give it to my dog. Watching dogs eat PB is great entertainment. And they love it. :)
    A tablespoon a day is not so bad. Weigh it too. PB can be very deceiving it not weighed.
    Chunky or smooth?
  • IncredibleMulk77
    IncredibleMulk77 Posts: 63 Member
    I, too have a peanut butter problem...:) A friend of mine on here recommended PB2 (Powdered Peanut Butter)...you add a little water to it and viola! A 2 TBS serving is 45 calories vs. 250 and honestly...it covers my craving.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    I, too have a peanut butter problem...:) A friend of mine on here recommended PB2 (Powdered Peanut Butter)...you add a little water to it and viola! A 2 TBS serving is 45 calories vs. 250 and honestly...it covers my craving.

I love PB2 I still have yet to try the chocolate version. :)
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    PB2 or Chocolate PB2 is great for cravings and it is only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons reconstituted with water. Personally I like the Chocolate PB2 sprinkled on vanilla ice cream.
  • IncredibleMulk77
    IncredibleMulk77 Posts: 63 Member
    I love PB2 I still have yet to try the chocolate version. :)

I haven't tried it yet either...I haven't seen it locally like the regular PB2...guess I should order it!

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Kghaines wrote: »
    Has anyone loved peanut butter so much that you feel like you need it every day? And if you broke the habit or have advice as to how to break this(without going crazy) let me know. Even if I keep it out of the house I feel like I need it.

Then don't keep it in the house. You could try PB2 (powdered pb). I recently tried it and it's good in pancakes and cereal milk. I haven't tried it as a spread, but it is peanuts so tastes like pb.
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member

I bet it is awesome in a smoothie, as long as one uses avocado or another thickener to the smoothie.
  • flamingblades
    When I have my steel cut oats, I sprinkle sugar free hot chocolate powder on it.
  • flamingblades
    That is my favorite quest bar! I never thought of dipping it in peanut butter...I wish they made a healthier version of Nutella...
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    The other day I just discovered heating up a chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar in the microwave and dipping it in peanut butter. Why wasn't I doing this before?

I started that this week too! It is awesome!!!! :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    I also love peanut butter and will go on kicks where I will eat it all day long, everyday for a few weeks... And then I get bored, don't eat it for awhile, and then start all over again lol. I used to eat it right from the jar, with a spoon to put on apples. What I did was forced myself to leave the jar in the kitchen and only allow myself the pre portioned amount. I also just recently found single serve cups of skippy peanut butter. It has more calories than one serving from the jar (because the cup is 46g instead of 32g). These have been extremely helpful to me because if I want more, I'd have to go and open another one and causes me to stop and think if it is worth it.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    mx6fd4mhdc9u.gif

LOL