Fall '15 babies

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Hi
    Just a quick one. Can anyone give me info on fitbit? Thinking getting fitbit charge HR. What are ur reviews? X
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    @JustAnotherGirlSuzanne So this weekend I wasn't very active and I didn't drink enough water and I'm definitely paying the price! I feel sluggish, and I'm up 4-5 lbs (water weight). So, this confirms my thoughts, keep moving and keep drinking water... it helps so much! As far as the veins go.... I have no clue. If you find out let me know! :)

@helenmelon29 I just bought a little fitbit zip. I already have a nike fuel band and it drove me crazy with it being on my wrist all day. So I opted to get the little cheap one that hooks onto belt loops (or whatever... bra straps lol). I have a desk job so I didn't want to wear something all day that was going to annoy me by being on my wrist. I can tell you the little zip is awesome. It doesn't have all the fun features of the HR but it's a good starting point. I was thinking of getting the surge or charge HR for when I get back into running but I haven't decided to commit yet. So for now, since I'm wearing it all day, the zip is my choice.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    @helenmelon29 I have the flex, and love it! It doesn't bother me on my wrist, I wear it 24/7, unless it's charging. I like that it can get wet. I swim with it, shower etc. And havnt had any trouble!

@RosieRaz I kind of forgot what my day was like the day I did my glucose testing, and ate a piece of toast with jam and peanutbutter, then remembered I had to drink the drink and head to the lab. Oops. Didn't have any problem with my results.

I keep getting "you're so small" comments, yet I feel huge! I think I was just so much larger my last 2 pregnancies... i must look so much different. Somebody the other day said they had no idea... um. I feel like I've got a watermelon out front. How could you not tell?!

Got my section date today, 9am 9-14-15. I kind of wonder if he will wait that long... that's 4 days before my due date; but, with the 3rd baby! What do you all think?
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    @KristenE83 - I wasn't very active this weekend either and I ate a LOT of high sodium foods too. Today I'm magically up 4 lbs. Hoping that's all just water weight that I can flush out by drinking water over the next couple days. I've been trying to be active too to see if that works :) We also got a pretty nasty heat wave here and that seems to make me gain water weight too. Lol, figures as I just got back within my proper weight gain range!

@poke987 - were your other babies early or late? I'd suspect that would be the best way to judge if baby will wait that long :)
  • poke987
    First son I went into labor 2 days before my due date. Second son was a scheduled section, 7 days before due date and we made it to that appointment.
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Thanks Suzanne for your tip.

I have no clue on the vein issue either - yes keep us posted!

Yes, Water is very key. I can tell I haven't been very good at that this last week. Need to get back on the water train too. Toot-toot!

Poke - good luck meeting the deadline for your C-section. Four days should be good I would think, but brush up on labor signs just in case. :smile: Any bleeding or water, notify the hospital! (I just reviewed the indication symptoms myself after reading Summer's post, I became paranoid!)
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    I had my glucose test today and I didn't follow my own tip... I ate at 8:30 and got to the clinic at 9:20. Drank the juice and then got blood taken at 10:20. Hopefully breakfast was far enough away! I was a little worried, and then I ate a poutine that I wasn't hungry for at lunch... almost like it could be my last for a while.... my subconscious is the worst, seriously. Midwife appointment is next week so I guess we will see then whether or not I passed then.

The third trimester is just one day away!
  • RosieRaz
    I do mine Wednesday... we shall see too.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    I will be taking my glucose test at some point in the next week or so (just sometime before the 12th). Got my drink ready for me in the fridge for when I wanna go in. Good luck on your tests, ladies!
  • poke987
    Spent the past 2 weekends camping... ate way too much, sat way too much... had a few days I didn't even make my 10,000 steps. Sigh.

Feeling big; know I've blown it weight wise and will just have to work hard to take it all back off again. Feet are swollen most days, hands too. But, honestly don't feel too badly overall. We've had a heat wave and sleeping has suffered, but I'm managing. Garden is overcome with weeds, but it will still produce something. House is a tad messier than I'd like, but we survive. Sunroom fell thru at the last moment (after foundation was poured) so plans are now going forward for an addition to that side of the home. Not what I had in mind... big construction project... but we will manage.

Tomorrow is 6 weeks to c-section. I still wonder if he will wait that long. I have a feeling he wont. But, then again the 14th feels good too. So i have no idea! Have car seat but not installed, newborn and 0-3 month clothes and cloth diapers all down washed and ready to go. Bottles and formula ready (i assume we will need it, as my milk has never come in with my other babies) Need to set up cosleeper and swing. And decide on a name :smile:
  • helenmelon29
    Morning all

Poke- sounds like you had a good few weekends. I'm getting back on track today too as been at wedding and few other outings over last few weeks.

I'm too 34 weeks and feeling pretty good so far. Bit achy of a night time but by morning I'm ok again. It's not very warm here tho so guess that helps. Just wish it would stop raining as it showers most days and is cool/ windy!

It's Isaac 3 rd birthday on sat so having little party. He is looking forward to it.

I have midwife app tomorrow to check all seems ok.

Then a scan in a couple of weeks.

X

• I've been doing poorly diet wise too. It seems like I just can't keep my calories in check very easily anymore. I know it's just a rut I'm stuck in and that with a little pushing, I can get out of it, but it's just so frustrating.

I puffed up this morning at long last and my energy levels have plumetted to an all time low (which is not good because I have a LOT of pre vacation packing to do this week.) I have strong suspicions that my midwife will tell me that my iron levels are low... kind of hoping so actually since that would explain the exhaustion I'm feeling and taking an iron supplement is a rather quick fix. Appointment is tomorrow.

My sleep quality is dwindling too which actually may have a lot to do with the tiredness.

Lol, I'm so ready to be done already, but it's still way too early for me! (28weeks) and I'm definitely not ready. We still need to pick a name, finish my daughter's new room, and make some postpartum meals.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    My eating has also been out of control. I don't know what's going on. I'm a bit of an emotional eater anyway (which is why I got up to close to 300 pounds anyway!) and it seems like I've fallen back on old habits now that I'm pregnant because I always feel icky and tired. My nights consist of me getting up maybe every 30 minutes or so on bad days 4-5 times, or sometimes baby decides to let me have a break and I get up every hour instead. :D

Forgot to weigh in today on my official 27 week day, but I'll try to remember to weigh myself tomorrow first thing in the morning. Have some in laws coming over tomorrow to help us paint the nursery so that we can finally take some of our jumbo purchases (crib) out of their boxes and set it up. I am not working out at all, and basically struggle to leave the house to even go run errands. I keep telling my husband I feel like I'm in a funk, and maybe I'll talk to the doctor about it cause mentally, I just seem sort of off. It could be because my stomach has like tripled in size since mid-July, so maybe I'm just finally feeling super exhausted from lack of mobility. :p
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    oh my gosh, my eating has been crazy too. It seems like it's been out of control more often than not throughout this pregnancy. @JustAnotherGirlSuzanne my energy is low low low too right now.... and it's been super hot here for the past couple days which does not do much to make me want to venture outside. I am definitely feeling huge (and saw pics from my father in law's retirement party this past weekend - looking it too) and even though I know better, I am feeling a bit down body-image wise. Just overall blah at the moment.
  • helenmelon29
    Morning

Think we all need a shake and try and get our butts moving! Not long left so let's try a bit harder! We seem to of all hit a simular stage.

We were at a wedding on sat (profile pic) and I actually felt ok- quite weddingy!

Seen midwife yesterday and my bump growth has slowed down so now right in middle of where should be (was at top range). BP was good. And baby heart beat was good. It's also head down. There was a trace of something in my urine sample but if anything it's a water infection, I have no symptoms. So she is sending it to be checked just in case.

As I'm trying for VBAC she suggested I make sure my iron levels are not low so trying to up my iron. She will take blood at 38 weeks to check not too low. It was ok at 28 weeks.

I bought a load of baby girl clothes from a friend. It's like new. I sorted it last night as some summer outfits but will be winter, but still worth the money as there are loads.

Right best get ready for work ! X

• katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    Thanks @helenmelon29..... I needed that kick in the butt! Pulled myself up after reading your post and went out for a 45 min walk this morning before it got too hot. My next goal for today will be to try to keep my food in check. A friend loaned us a bunch of baby girl clothes and it's the same story - all look brand new (some haven't even been worn). It's so great to have that taken care of and the savings would blow my mind if I took time to calculate I'm sure!
  • RosieRaz
    edited August 2015
    Some days are definitely better than others when it comes to energy. Some days I'm go go go and others, I'm asleep by 6pm. I still sleep ok, but I'm sure its thanks to our new bed. What a life saver! Last pregnancy I was in the recliner by now due to heart burn and comfort.

Took the glucose/diabetes liquid today. Not awful, but nothing I would willingly want to drink without diluting it in half with water. This Friday will be 29 weeks. Almost in the home stretch! Doctor said I was doing good weight gain wise this month. I had a conversation with him regarding my last visit and the weight comments he made. I even brought the weight tracker spreadsheet with me.

I haven't really started on the baby room. I've been refurbishing an antique dresser that I will put in my room and my dresser will go in with the boys. Once this monstrous project is done, I'll go through the old boxes of clothes stored from his older brother. It will be off season, but we'll make it work.

Who wants to talk baby showers? Even though it's my second, close in age and same gender - my friends and family still want to have one. I protested, but they would have none of it. Work one is Aug. 17th and the friends/family one is Aug. 23rd. Set up an amazon wish list for fun, nice to have things besides the obvious diapers and car seats. A forehead thermometer is a must! And for first time moms...baby bjorn bibs are a must too. After bottle feeding/breadfeeding and the kid eats solid food - this will be your go-to bib. You will never use cloth bibs again! My son is 2 and still using it.
  • @helenmelon29 I definitely need that kick in the butt too. I feel awful and I'm eating awful to make up for it. A vicious cycle. Tomorrow is a new day and I am determined to make it a better one. I think I will prelog my day now to hopefully make it go a little smoother.

Today I saw my mom she made a big deal about how amazing I looked (don't look pregnant from the back etc) and it made me feel pretty good. The scale jumped today too just in time for my midwife appointment. Usually I am about four pounds heavier on their scale, so when I weighed in this morning I realized that I would hit the dreaded 200 on their scale. But by some miracle, that didn't happen and I was only 198! :) I know I will probably hit it still, but I'm glad I haven't yet. Other than that everything is checking out fine. I'm measuring around 27 weeks, so so a little behind but my midwife didn't seem concerned. My glucose results aren't in yet so I will have to wait until fter vacation to find out.

I hope your tests come back ok @helenmelon29

@RosieRaz I'm sure that bringing in the weight charts made your doctor realize that you are already serious about your health. That was a good idea to bring them in!

No talks of showers for me even though this on is a boy after a girl. That's ok though. We've been given lots of hand me downs and baby has 9 aunts/uncles to spoil him with cute things. :)
  • helenmelon29
    Morning

Glad everyone feel little more motivated today.

As for baby shower , we don't really do them in the UK, we have started to but tend not to buy presents, more just little get together and play games/ eat cake. We doing nothing this time. We have arranged afternoon/ night out on 22 August with friends to catch up before baby born, so looking forward to that.

I'm at work today (it's 7am) I start at 8.30. Then off until Tuesday. Tomorrow is house work, shopping, party planning and (praying for no rain!) for 3 year old!

Right best get ready as set off in 30 mins.

I will weigh Tomoz as been a good few weeks now x

• Just got the results from my glucose test. Apparently I didn't fail the test, but my levels were high enough to warrant the second test. :( planning on going tomorrow morning which means I have to fast starting at 10 tonight. Does anyone know if that includes water? I should have asked when my midwife called. I'm thinking I will just go to bed at 10 and bring a water bottle with me.