How do I find workout buddies?

Hello,

I am currently in Sugarland Texas area and have just started going back to the gym but I would like to find someone to workout with. Someone that has relatively the same fitness goals in mind and would like to encourage me to try harder, and to keep up the work and vice versa. I find it very easy to talk myself out of going to the gym and I don't have anyone to bounce ideas off of for workouts.

No coworkers to ask as I'm in a very small office and I do not go to school. I don't want to pay for a personal trainer because it just costs too much for where I am in life right now. I do have a gym membership just don't really know anyone down here.

I want to lose 25lbs to get to a weight of 125 and would like to get to a BMI of 20, and I'm not a runner, preferably weight/resistance training.

Replies

• JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Doesn't your gym offer classes? That's probably the best place to meet like minded people in your area.
  • hannibalholt89
    hannibalholt89 Posts: 101 Member
    Best advice is don't get one lol. From my years of working out i will tell you that you will never find someone who values fitness and your goals much as you do. I have gone through so many workout buds bc nobody is as motivated as me, and all it does is irritates me bc ppl show up late, half do workouts, don't have that drive. I think what @JustChristy79 said is best go to a workout classs where atleast there are nmany ppl who you meet and your chances are better.
  • emmalpoppy
    emmalpoppy Posts: 18 Member
    Haha okey. They have classes just at odd times so getting to them might be hard. Most are mid day when most people are working or around 8pm when I'm getting ready for bed.