You are ordering a pizza, what is the lowest calorie pizza you can think of?

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    On a serious note for low calories... pizza margherita
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    edited August 2015
    this is a good recipe:
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pizza-margherita-3

Make it with low-cal substitutes and voila!
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    edited August 2015
    There's no such thing as low calorie pizza. And the toppings don't matter. It's how much of it you eat that matters. Portion control works great in these type of instances.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    thin crust. veggie toppings.

If you're worried about calories, stay away from any deep dish, thick crust, or stuffed type pizzas. Also stay away from meat toppings and go very light on cheese. Failing all of that, just have one slice of whatever type you like.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Chances are if I'm ordering pizza I'm not concerned about calories that day.
    However:
    light on the cheese
    lots of veggies
    thin crust

All of this
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Toppings/ sauce/ crust. I just really want to order pizza without completely messing up my day. So, what do you guys order if you ever order pizza?
    If I make a pizza, I use whole grain flour and fresh veggies with raw cheese.
    I top it with sardines.

If I order out, I get the meat lovers pizza with extra cheese. When ordering out, just call it christmas and have a cheat day. ENJOY!
    >:)
  • Queenmunchy
    TR0berts wrote: »
    kryss247 wrote: »
    Cauliflower crust pizza :)

oh-no-you-didnt-12.jpg

I'm going to second this. Cauliflower crust pizza might as well be a salad. :p

I actually love the cauliflower or zucchini crust pizza - not as a "real pizza" but I'll say that making it into "breadsticks" or "pizza crust" is a great meal in itself if it weren't trying to be something else.
  • jaeisla
    jaeisla Posts: 56 Member
    I had thin crust cheese pizza last night. One slice was 210 cal.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Homemade.

I made pizza for lunch today - someone needs to eat the rest of it before I eat the entire thing and then it is no longer a lower cal option. It was delicious.

But at a restaurant - I think a wood fired thin crust with lots of veggies is a good choice.

Did you quote me as a way to volunteer me to eat the rest of your pizza? In.

Too late - my kid woke up and it won't be around much longer.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member

oh-no-you-didnt-12.jpg

I actually love the cauliflower or zucchini crust pizza - not as a "real pizza" but I'll say that making it into "breadsticks" or "pizza crust" is a great meal in itself if it weren't trying to be something else.

I recently went to a party where the host made mini cauliflower pizzas and they were actually pretty good, I ate several. But it definitely was not a substitute for pizza in my eyes.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Homemade.

This. You control the calories.

I mostly get pizza from a local Italian place we go to and I don't know the calories, though. Thinner crust and less cheese will mean fewer calories, as will fewer fatty meat toppings.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Thin crust. Cheese.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member

I think I'd laugh at someone if they ordered that and I was the guy making the pizza.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    hearthwood wrote: »
    There's no such thing as low calorie pizza. And the toppings don't matter. It's how much of it you eat that matters. Portion control works great in these type of instances.

Good point. You can get a thin crust no cheese sauce veggie pizza, but if you eat 5 slices it doesn't matter.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Neapolitan style, minimal toppings.

Stay away from Pizza Hut and a few others - they basically fry the crust.

This.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Thin crust veggie.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    ASKyle wrote: »
    hearthwood wrote: »

Good point. You can get a thin crust no cheese sauce veggie pizza, but if you eat 5 slices it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter if you eat too much of ANYTHING. By that rationale nothing is 'low calorie'.

• Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    We order from a local pizzeria that my husband swears is like when he was growing up in New York. They are large pizzas! I usually get spicy sausage, bacon and fresh garlic. I log it at 300 a slice because I never eat the outside crust. I log it, but I don't care if I go over my calories. I don't eat it every day.
  • Queenmunchy

oh-no-you-didnt-12.jpg

I recently went to a party where the host made mini cauliflower pizzas and they were actually pretty good, I ate several. But it definitely was not a substitute for pizza in my eyes.

Delicious! ;)