Fall '15 babies

Replies

• katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    Hope it went well today @JustAnotherGirlSuzanne!!! Two hours is a long time to sit at the clinic, blah... Hope you had something entertaining to enjoy to make it more pleasurable and more like "me time" haha

So I have been trying to pick it up a bit since Helen's post... Had a good walk each day for the past 3. Today I was huffing up a hill on the trail by my house with my son in the stroller and our 70lb Golden doodle tied around my hips when I passed these two older ladies I didn't know but who stopped me to chat about my dog and my son and noticed I was pregnant... They were full of compliments and kept telling me how good I looked haha. What an ego boost! I needed to hear it today from someone other than my husband (who must be getting tired of me stressing about my stretch marks - let's face it, I've never in my life been comfortable in a bikini so I'm not sure why I care so much now that my stomach looks like a freakin starburst).

Otherwise, I've also done better food wise the past three days - eating better choices. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up because I do feel better mentally (physically my sleep is crap - tossing and turning and waking up to pee- and nightly heartburn it seems). Keep on keepin on I guess!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Suzanne - Oh no! Sorry to hear about the glucose test. Let us know how the second test goes. I took my test Wednesday and think they will have the results next week. I guess they also test for iron deficiencies and blood infections. I wouldn't be surprised if the iron was low. I can never meet the daily requirement. That or the calcium one. Should probably pick up some supplements.

Great job Katie! Always nice to get compliments.

Helen - How did the birthday party turn out? Did it rain?

Question...when the doctor measures you - does he tell you how big you are (placenta I think?)? I'm at 29cm and didn't know what that compared to of women at similar stages. Just curious.
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    @RosieRaz my doctor doesn't really tell me the number this pregnancy unless I ask - it's usually been spot on, whereas when I was pregnant with my son she used to tell me I was measuring a week or two ahead at times (he was big). it's my understanding that the fundal measurement in cms should correspond to your weeks pregnant; ie: yours was 29 cms and you're 29 weeks :smile: sounds like you're right on track!
  • @RosieRaz yep, if you're 29 cm then you're measuring at 29 weeks. It's a nice easy measurement to remember! I'm measuring at 27 weeks, so just a little behind (by 2 weeks).

@katiebrew I'm glad you got some compliments to help brighten your day! :) great work getting out there moving! I heard recently that stretch marks aren't just my stretch marks, they are the marks of both me and my husband making a family together so they are his just as much as mine. Idk why that sounds so nice to me, but when I think about it, if he were the one with the marks I'd treasure every one because of what they represent. The problem is that I'm just too vain for my own good. ;)

My test went well. I brought a book and just read in the peace and quiet for a full two hours, which was surprisingly relaxing! No to do lists swirling around in my head or chasing after my little. So I guess I found a way to make it through even though a part of me is resentful that icouldnt step out of the waiting room to do anything. (There's a grocery store and a nail salon right next door to the lab I was at... I kind of really wanted to get a pedicure before our trip haha) anyway, they took blood three times so that was "fun". Not a fan of needles.

I won't be on at all next week, so have a great week everyone!! :)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Hi all

Party went great thanks. And weather was good. No rain and sunny (not hot but warm enough). It's raining again today though so think we were very lucky!

Yes I agree on the measurement info. I was told you should be within a couple cm of the number of weeks you are. I was measuring 2 ahead but now 2 behind! Don't think it's that accurate as she wiggles tape measure about a bit! Midwife not concerned with my measurements tho. I have a scan a week on Tuesday so all will be checked then.

I haven't weighed myself as planned (forgot on fri) and ate plenty party stuff yest plus a pizza so going to get back on track then weigh in in the week. I actually feel slimmer now (except my belly) where as before I just felt big all over. My boobs still stick out a tiny little bit more than my bump on side view tho! (They must be massive!)

Susanne- glad the second test went ok. Have a good week.

Helen

• helenmelon29
    Morning I've weighed in ( think last weigh in was about month ago) I'm up 3lb so total gain 22lb at nearly 35 weeks. I'm quite happy with that as goal is 25-35 lb, so prob be in the middle.

The rain is back here, we are having a terrible summer. Maybe shouldn't complain as would of prob been moaning about being too hot ! Lol
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Hey ladies! It's been a while since I checked in. So my water/walking/working out has paid off. The babies collectively gained 2.5 lbs this month and I only gained 1. So somewhere along the lines I must have shed a bit of water weight that I gained. Thankfully the doctors are pretty happy with this months progress so I'm aiming to do the same this month. I had a pretty sedentary/unhealthy (food) weekend so today I'm picking up the pace. It feels good to stay active and healthy.... even though I'm about as big as a house! :)
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    I'm trying to overhaul my diet, cause my eating has been awful in the second trimester. I hope my body calms down and that was just a thing my body wanted for the second trimester alone and will give me a break for the 3rd so I don't gain too much weight (I'm currently up at 19 pounds gained, and based on my BMI, my range was 11-20, so I don't see that happening being only 28 weeks).

On the plus side, my glucose test and all my blood work came back good so that's something I don't have to stress about currently. Woo! We painted the baby's room and I'm getting all googly eyed when I go sit in there with the crib and baby stuff. I was reading in a recliner we put in there, and my husband inquired if I was just getting used to living in there now cause I'll probably spend so much time in there when baby comes. :D

Hope everyone is doing okay, and if it's hot where you live, you're managing it better than I am. *fans self off* TOO HOT.
  • RosieRaz
    Ah! That makes sense regarding the measurements. Thanks for cluing me in there Katie and Suzanne. :blush:

I think I've gained 4 lbs this week due to crappy/salty food at 2 different baseball games and Asian food last night for dinner. Yikes!

Sarieth & Suzanne - congrats on your glucose test!! I should follow up on mine today too...
  • RosieRaz
    Pre-season football game this Saturday! Hopefully it won't be too hot and miserable. *cross-fingers*

Glucose test came back normal. Yay!
  • sarieth05
    Congrats on your glucose test, Rosie! Hope you have fun at the pre-season game!
  • My glucose test came back a little high again which apparently means that I *might* have gestational diabetes, and so my midwives want me to meet with a dietitian and to track my sugars.

I just got back from vacation though so that's all the information I have from the message left on my answering machine. Hopefully I will have more information on Monday. In the meantime I plan on doing a fair bit of research and I hope to alter my diet a bit. (I'd really like to NOT have to tell the dietitian that I eat ice cream nearly every day, haha!)

Not sure when I will weigh in next since today was a sodium packed day. 30 weeks now! Yay!!
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    35 weeks 3 days. The final countdown has begun... less than a month till C day! Can't wait to meet our little man!!

Been hot and busy here. Back from our last weekend away, and now sticking closer to home for the duration! Dear daughters field hockey preseason started this am, and with double practices this week, it forces me to slow down! Fheww. I'm tired of packing and unpacking!

Did a long hike one day this weekend, and a long canoe trip another. Feeling good physically. But the number on the scale makes me upset. I had really hoped not to gain like this. I've gained more this time than I did with either of my other full term pregnancies. Ugh. I'll have to loose every bit I'd lost all over again. That depresses me. But, I try not to think about it.

Have some swelling, but managing. I'm not sleeping that well, but again nothing I can't manage. My arms are super itchy, but other than that I have no real complaints, so I'm pretty happy. Feel like he just needs to be here... im ready to hold him, and slightly tired of waiting... but again, that's nothing to complain about!

Have to start picking away at the at of my to do list, but honestly. Poor number 3, I swear.... it's so radically different than even #2. I have such a "whatever " mentality. I told hubby I was fine if he set up cosleeper and swing while I was at the hospital! With the others I was nesting like crazy and wanted everything out and set up months in advance!

Hope everyone is off to a good start this week! Hopefully it's not too hot where you all are! 95 is our predicted high today. That's pretty bad for northern new England. May end up laying around.... we shall see!
  • RosieRaz
    Record breaking heat last week - 117 degrees and set record highs 4 days in a row. Pretty miserable and I've swelled a bit. Hoping the heat will break and we will have a storm to keep it cool again.

We did finally take the crib out of storage and set it up. I really have to find the energy to finish my dresser but its so dang hot!

OK enough griping! I did just have my work baby shower today. It's funny to see the armed security personnel sitting uncomfortably at the baby shower lol. >:) It may have been one of the few they have ever attended.
  • helenmelon29
    Hi all

Kirsten - Great 'low' gain this month. Love your profile pic - you look fab.

Sarieth05 - Try not to worry re weight gain, you might find you dont gain much now, last time I was up 20lb by 20 weeks and total gain was about 30lb so it defo slowed down. Glad glucose test went well. Its not hot here about 16C or 60F and raining! Not really complaining as Im not suffering with being too hot. We dont have air con here (work or home) so find it hot when its hot!

Suzanne - How did your appointment go?

Poke - Sounds like your still very active and weight will come off afterwards Im sure. You might start nesting in the next few weeks? We need to change the toddler bed back to a cot and I want to clean the pram but about sorted apart from that.

Rosie - sounds hot with you! What did you do or get at your baby shower?

My update:
    Im 36 weeks tomorrow so time coming in fast! I had a scan yest to check growth and see if any problems re VBAC. Baby doing well but even though measuring within the range its right at the lower end so they are now scanning me each week to check it is growing ok. The consultant sounded as though he was steering towards a c section but he didnt actually say that. Im happy to go with whatever he thinks is best really so will see what he says next week.

My BP has been ok but was a bit higher yesterday seeing the consultant but think it was just the circumstances as was ok today when midwife checked it.

I finish work tomorrow and have 3 weeks holiday before maternity leave starts and will prob have 9 months off (you can have up to 12 months but no pay between 9-12 months so will see how get on).

My weight gain is approx 22lb, Im finding Im not that hungry at the mo so not eating as much so will see if it increases much this month. I havent been exercising much, bit of walking and then housework/ running after 3 year old, but feeling ok at the mo so not complaining yet!

I spent the weekend doing some cooking to freeze in portions to make it easier after baby here. Prob do some more over next few weeks.

Has anyone thought of names? Think we sorted but thats the 3rd time Ive said that then changed it! lol

Right best get on
    Helen

• My next appointment isn't until next Wednesday. On Monday I spoke to the midwife clinic on the phone and they basically just told me when I'm booked to see a dietitian, which isn't until next Friday, so i really didn't glean as much information as I had hoped I would. In the meantime, I've cleaned up my diet a LOT and am watching my carbs and I'm trying to exercise at least 30 min a day. I will keep you posted on what's all happening with me. :)

Is anyone else starting to get a feel for what your baby's personality is going to be like? I remember with my first pregnancy my daughter barely kicked and she stretched a lot. When she was born she was calm, liked to cuddle, and she would stretch every now and again. This one though... wow, he's like an acrobat. An acrobat doing karate, actually. I'm a little scared for what his temperament is going to be like when he gets out! haha!

Helen - 36 weeks!! You're in the home stretch! :) I hope everything goes smoothly for you and that your baby's birth will be as safe as possible. That's good your BP was good at the midwifes. I'm sure it was just nerves earlier.

And wow, baby names... every time I bring up the topic my husband just finches and tries to distract me so we don't have to bother with it all. I think I need to find the perfect name and just convince him that it's a good one at this point. Lol!

Rosie - it's been crazy hot here too! I live in southern Ontario between all the great Lakes so the humidity here is pretty much just insane. I watered my garden the other day and was sweating up a storm; other than that I haven't dared to step outside even to take my daughter to the splash pad.

How was your shower? Did you get lots of fun stuff??

Poke - i love that you know exactly the day (assuming all goes according to plan) that baby is coming! So fun! :) you're so close!!

have a lovely day everyone! and stay cool!
  • sarieth05
    Is anyone else starting to get a feel for what your baby's personality is going to be like? I remember with my first pregnancy my daughter barely kicked and she stretched a lot. When she was born she was calm, liked to cuddle, and she would stretch every now and again. This one though... wow, he's like an acrobat. An acrobat doing karate, actually. I'm a little scared for what his temperament is going to be like when he gets out! haha!

Haha, as this is my first baby, I have no prior experience with personality. BUT, you basically just described what my little guy is doing this whole time. I always jump and tell my husband that he likes to SWAT kick me or that he's getting an early start on training for the Olympic gymnastic team. I certainly hope that isn't a hint at what he's going to be like when he's here, cause if so he'll be a handful. :p
  • sarieth05 wrote: »

Haha, as this is my first baby, I have no prior experience with personality. BUT, you basically just described what my little guy is doing this whole time. I always jump and tell my husband that he likes to SWAT kick me or that he's getting an early start on training for the Olympic gymnastic team. I certainly hope that isn't a hint at what he's going to be like when he's here, cause if so he'll be a handful. :p

There's nothing wrong with having an energetic little one, I guess. Haha, just some motivation to take some extra naps now while I still can! ;)
  • RosieRaz
    Ha ha! The personality was a great question. First child hardly moved at all (his lack of movement make me paranoid the entire pregnancy) and he has turned into a chill, quiet, explorative little man. This baby, while not exactly doing karate chops or acrobatics, does move a lot more and helps with my peace of mind a lot. I think this one is a boxer because he is constantly boxing at my pelvis or bladder.

Thanks for asking about the shower. Had the work one last Monday and then another one yesterday with friends and family which was nice. Got some cute Halloween and superhero themed clothing. A few necessities like forehead thermometer and a couple of car seats. Some stuff I may never need like the baby wipes warmer or the high chair/shopping cart cover. I have a co-worker who's 20 year old daughter is due in December and the baby's father is not going to be involved. I think I'll go through all my clothes and everything and make a donation to him or someone else that may be in need. Hand me downs are always appreciated. One of my friends is going to give me her 5 year olds old clothes and I'm appreciateative of that!

No air conditioning! I don't know how I would survive without it. Granted, I'm sure your winters are cold. We can get by without heaters and fireplaces here.

Helen- Names...*sigh* still deliberating on the name. The family is starting to ask every single day what the name is. Even accusing us (several times) of keeping the name a secret from them. We honestly haven't figured it out. Nothing seems quite right.

Suzanne - Good luck with your new diet. I'm sure you will do great. I should probably make some efforts in that direction myself. All the cakes and treats yesterday has me gaining another 2 lbs! Yikes. Really need to get that under control.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    We are still nameless for this guy as well! I'm sure it will come to us, but for now I'm trying not to force the issue!

Got a few more things done. Cosleeper set up, bag packed, bottles sterilized, more food in freezer. Not a lot of energy....no nesting here! More like resting!

Had my 36 week apt today, measures great, heartbeat good... so just another week of waiting! I'm ready to hold my little man!!

No shower here, I had a sprinkle with my second. I know my mom and grandma have gifts. I keep waiting for them to show up. Maybe they are planning something, or maybe they will just bring them to the hospital. We shall see