What bad food can't you live without?

Replies

• Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    I don't have any bad foods. I just eat everything in moderation. Favorite would include what you call bad though, like pizza, burgers, ice cream Pepsi, etc.

I completely agree!!! We need to get out of this mentality that food is bad or good.
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Everyone has some foods that they can't live without, but have to eat in moderation in order to be healthy.

Mine are the following:

Pizza
    Fries
    Cheeseburgers
    Ice cream
    Sherbet
    Sour candy
    White rice
    Cheese
    Hummus

What are yours?

How did hummus get in a list of "bad" foods with sour candy? I eat hummus and cheese for the nutrients in them. Just yesterday, I needed more calories, including more carbs and fats, but not many sugars, and I needed it to be in an easily eaten snack form for my ten minute break at work....Hummus with pretzel crisps worked perfectly to fill that need in my diet.

Agreed, all "good food/bad food" aside, what's the issue with hummas? It's like.. chickpeas, garlic, olive oil and herbs, right?

Yes but it's very dense in calories.
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Man! A lot of people here can't live without pizza either.
  • sevenofnine01
    sevenofnine01 Posts: 54 Member
    Wine. And Peanut butter. I'd never live without those two things.

On the healthier side - eggs. Everyday. I'd be lost without them.
  • LaurenNotLaura
    LaurenNotLaura Posts: 64 Member
    Pizza is definitely a fav. I make my own with whole wheat thin crust, and add lots of veggies to make up for that. I find anything that you make yourself can be satisfying, and done up a lot healthier than store/restaurant versions. Oh, and chocolate, what kind of woman would I be if I didn't love chocolate lol
  • tinaolsson
    tinaolsson Posts: 109 Member
    Pizza and chips. :love: But it's okay to eat those things every now and then. :smile:
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Dunkin Donuts iced Oreo coffee OR the Oreo coolata. I always have a lot of extra calories so I can usually work one of them in once a week. It's that not having sugar thing that kills me!

Also any dark chocolate. I'm waiting till my bday (maybe) to have that.

Oh and a bagel. I'm not sure I'll eat one of those for a long time.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    darlswife wrote: »

Dark chocolate, like real dark chocolate, is not bad for you.

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Water. I know it's a chemical. I know it has no nutritional value. I know too much is bad for me and will even kill me. Even so, every day -- every single damned day -- I have some.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    There are no "bad foods", only bad portions. But I always eat bad portions of Oreos and Wheat Thins. I don't know what is is about those addictive little b!tches, but I can't have them in the house, I'll polish off an entire package of either within a single day.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    There are no bad foods. If you think there are, you're going to have a heck of a time maintaining.

Even people's nemesis, a slice of pizza, has between 350 and 450 calories, the same as a cheese sandwich
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Soda is one thing I have lived without for going on 3 years. And that is after being raised on Pepsi. I would rather eat my calories than drink them. I think I can do without mayo. I just had a burger without it and it was just as good.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    heis4u2004 wrote: »
    Soda is one thing I have lived without for going on 3 years. And that is after being raised on Pepsi. I would rather eat my calories than drink them. I think I can do without mayo. I just had a burger without it and it was just as good.
    Probably better. Mayo on a hamburger? That's bad food.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    darlswife wrote: »
    Dunkin Donuts iced Oreo coffee OR the Oreo coolata. I always have a lot of extra calories so I can usually work one of them in once a week. It's that not having sugar thing that kills me!

Oh and a bagel. I'm not sure I'll eat one of those for a long time.

If you have calories for them, why not eat the dark chocolate or the bagel?
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Bad foods = rotten.

So i can live without all bad foods....food poisoning is not for me, lol
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    If I cut out such items totally, life would get dull.
    I eat what I consider "clean" 75% of the time, and the remaining 25% is just living life.
    vfz30n4iwhjw.jpg

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member

Milk and Cheese: When Food Goes Bad!

kajqj4.jpg
  • lynnclorina
    lynnclorina Posts: 15 Member
    Everyone has some foods that they can't live without, but have to eat in moderation in order to be healthy.

Mine are the following:

Pizza
    Fries
    Cheeseburgers
    Ice cream
    Sherbet
    Sour candy
    White rice
    Cheese
    Hummus

What are yours?

Gelato! Ooey Gooey chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Bad foods are things I don't like, why would I eat them?
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member

Mine are the following:

Pizza
    Fries
    Cheeseburgers
    Ice cream
    Sherbet
    Sour candy
    White rice
    Cheese
    Hummus

What are yours?

How did hummus get in a list of "bad" foods with sour candy? I eat hummus and cheese for the nutrients in them. Just yesterday, I needed more calories, including more carbs and fats, but not many sugars, and I needed it to be in an easily eaten snack form for my ten minute break at work....Hummus with pretzel crisps worked perfectly to fill that need in my diet.

Agreed, all "good food/bad food" aside, what's the issue with hummas? It's like.. chickpeas, garlic, olive oil and herbs, right?

Yes but it's very dense in calories.

Calorie dense in no way implies bad food.

Currently eating a snickers.