Don't forget your vitamins!!

WOW! I have been taking vitamins and supplements for a while now and never thought about having to put them in my diary. I just added them up and I am taking in at least an extra 57 calories everyday I didn't know. Not a super big number but if you are cutting it close on calories you may want to be tracking them.

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Lord, I think I take more supplements than most people and my number isn't that high. I cannot imagine how many pills you're swallowing a day, but if it's more than me, you poor thing! Bless you.

Yes, they have a few calories and are worth logging. A good reminder for us all. :)
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    That's 8 pills and a l carnitine in my drink.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    That's 8 pills and a l carnitine in my drink.

Are you ill? That's a lot of vitamins in all likelihood you don't need.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    There is no study that indicates that people who take vitamins live longer than people who don't.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Just as an fyi, if you are worried that your blood levels are off, you can get testing done at the doctor.

I take zero vitamins and just had blood work done, all ranges were normal. So you may not need any vitamins. It's probably worth the blood test to check and see.
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    I do have thyroid issues. But I mainly take the multi to fill in gaps in my diet. The others I have had in my cupboard for a while ( friend wanted me to try) and I just need to use them up.