Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    @orangesmartie Glad you are feeling good after your rest day!!
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I still sneak a smoke once in a awhile. UGGGG I know

Me too! My boyfriend and I quit in November but will share a clove on occasion. :) And by occasion, I mean twice in the last 9 months. No harm there.
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    I ate an entire 8oz. package of Philly cream cheese early this week (with a spoon, too LOL). Logged 2oz. a day over the next several days, as to hide my shameful binge.

I used to make cheesy mashed potatoes by mixing one potato with half an 8-oz. block of cream cheese, 4 Tbsp. of butter, 4 oz. of greek yogurt, 4 oz. of cheddar, garlic and some bacon bits, salt, smoked paprika, cayenne and chives. Then, for dinner, the exact same thing but replaced the potato with pasta. I should have just microwaved the cheese. Those were, like, 3200-calorie days.

And, that, kids, is how a 115-lb. athlete becomes 120 lbs. overweight!

My confession is that I still crave it EVERY SINGLE DAY. But I won't allow it to happen. I can't even keep cheese in my house, it's that bad. It's my single food addiction.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I don't know if you recall how my daughter was really struggling with her health..? (Anemia, exhaustion, depression, really bad periods.)

Yesterday was blood test results day. Turns out her iron is up to a healthy level (yay for Feramax!) and her thyroid function is normal. The latter was a real surprise because ALL of her symptoms fit for hypothyroidism, but apparently it's not that. Despite the fact that she's on a seasonal birth control pill to try to reign in her brutal periods, she's been bleeding almost constantly for three months. Our doctor has asked her to keep taking them until she can get in to see a gynecologist. She's also referred her for a pelvic ultrasound, and clearly thinks this is the cause of all her problems. They agreed that her weepiness/depression is a symptom, and not the problem in itself, so won't treat that for now. She's really liking her new job, so things are better at the moment anyway.

I feel a bit disappointed that we didn't get a definite answer, but I know it's good that she doesn't have a lifelong condition. I'm now hoping that maybe she'll get a D&C and an IUD and it might make everything better.... The doc said that because she's so young and having a tough time, she should be able to see a gyno within the next few weeks, so fingers crossed.

Awww, I have my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully it can all be sorted out.
  • Lois_1989
    Thanks @riderfangal @spacequiztime and @Tubbs216 for the encouraging words. I'm already down 2 pounds (stupid sodium) and I'm hoping to hit 182 again by the end of next week but until then I am avoiding the scale like the plague and increasing my water intake. Bonus: I'm also constipated....UGH!

Had a women's exam and physical on the 6th where my doctor asked if my weight loss was intentional. She said so far, I'm doing everything right but she worries about women my age and weight loss so she wants me to check in with her when I hit 160 to see where my head is at.

During the papsmear she noticed a slight bacterial infection and she said it SHOULD clear up on it's own but she wanted a full STD panel just to be sure(if ANYTHING comes back positive look for Sergeant Sexy Pants in the obituaries :lol: ).
    I had some abdominal pain during part of the exam, so when the blood panel comes back we'll see if I have an ultrasound in my future or not. :grimace:

Of course she wants to check my cholesterol(high cholesterol runs in my family) reminded me that I have a little less than 4 years before she wants me to get my first mammogram (yuck!) because breast cancer is so heavy in my family.

She has also ordered a full metabolic blood panel which I have never heard of and she has never asked for before so I am pretty nervous about it. She said it would give her an idea if she could help in any way with my weight loss.

Hopefully, everything comes back normal. Whenever I go to the doctor is the only time I ever REALLY just want to be normal.

ETA: Glad your doctor gave you something to help @Susieq_1994 :smiley: And Codeine has the potential to constipate the SMURF outta you so use with caution. :tongue:

Wow, that's a lot to deal with, I hope everything does come back normal. :#
  • Lois_1989
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about this Strattera. I feel like I'm high, but I can focus a little better and I've noticed my appetite has really gone down, even though I'm only on my second dose. I felt all loopy yesterday, but I'd figured it was because I didn't get much sleep Friday night. Well, today I'm still getting that loopy feeling, and I had a full night's sleep last night. Hubby thinks it's my body just adjusting to the medicine, so I guess we'll see how things go.

I think you are adjusting as well but I am no medical professional. There are a few in here that will likely weigh in, but hopefully this will help you!
    I would agree that you'll need to give it a little while before you can know whether it's going to be of any benefit to you. Did your doctor give you any idea how long it would take to get used to it?

She's having me come back in 4 weeks to see how things are with it and talk about labwork, but she pretty much mentioned the side effects and told me if I had any suicide thoughts to stop taking it. I can deal with the loopy feeling, but I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

This always scares me! Why give out medicine that can cause these thoughts? Is there not another option?
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about this Strattera. I feel like I'm high, but I can focus a little better and I've noticed my appetite has really gone down, even though I'm only on my second dose. I felt all loopy yesterday, but I'd figured it was because I didn't get much sleep Friday night. Well, today I'm still getting that loopy feeling, and I had a full night's sleep last night. Hubby thinks it's my body just adjusting to the medicine, so I guess we'll see how things go.

I think you are adjusting as well but I am no medical professional. There are a few in here that will likely weigh in, but hopefully this will help you!
    I would agree that you'll need to give it a little while before you can know whether it's going to be of any benefit to you. Did your doctor give you any idea how long it would take to get used to it?

She's having me come back in 4 weeks to see how things are with it and talk about labwork, but she pretty much mentioned the side effects and told me if I had any suicide thoughts to stop taking it. I can deal with the loopy feeling, but I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

This always scares me! Why give out medicine that can cause these thoughts? Is there not another option?

Because often, the side effects are very rare. But, if during clinical trials, just one person reports them as a side effect, it has to be listed. Even if it was nothing to do with the drug. so the ratio of suicidal thoughts v benefit of medication is very low. and generally (certainly in the UK), the medication given will be that that is evaluated as most effective (a first line drug). There will be other options if that one doesn't work, or causes side effects (second line drugs).

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    My confession today is I want to be a 10 year old on summer break and just go back to bed with nothing on the agenda but playing and being bored. Happy Monday all!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    My confession is I just wanna poop! I'm not uncomfortable(yet) but being 'off schedule' is bugging me. :angry:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Yup! Never even heard of it. I was more concerned because she mentioned getting it done after I got the abdominal pain. Now I think the abdominal pain is just constipation. I need more fiber and fat in my diet, I think. My mom says my sister used to get CMPs all the time because she has always been overweight and they were always looking for something to be wrong because she ate the same things I did, in the same amounts, but she has always been bigger. We still don't know why she is so overweight(300+ pounds) and I'm so 'normal' and I'm fighting with her to get her to the doctor more to look at other things other than Thyroid.

@Italian_Buju I am lucky my doctor is thorough. My last 'real' doctor that I saw in Washington was too. She would also ask about my family(she treated all of the females in the family) and if someone was acting wonky or having ANY problem, it was generally 'Have her come in about (insert time here) tomorrow if she can. No appointment.'
    I LOVE doctors who care for PEOPLE instead of just BODIES. I think my sister may be having issues with a doctor who is treating bodies and not people. She gets the impression that her doctor thinks that she is just lazy and eats a lot. She feels like he doesn't take her suggestions and fears into account. I think she needs a new smurfing doctor.

I really hope I don't have to hurt SSP(I honestly think anything wrong with me will NOT be his fault). His birthday is coming up on the 19th and I want to make him a banana flavored cake but I've never had or made one before. So I have NO idea what kind of frosting/icing to use on it. I am going to make him a simple dinner(because he's a simple kind of guy) of a roasted Cornish Hen with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.

Thanks for the encouraging words @kellyjellybellyjelly. I definitely needed the treat and, hopefully, I will get back on this wagon. Right now I think I'm only holding on to the extra weight because I'm constipated. :angry:

I nearly killed myself in a bike wreck at 7. My brain swelled so much it mashed my pituitary and thyroid glands. I didn't grow at all for two years after that, but I weighed 125 at 9. By 7th grade I weighed 225. At 14, my thyroid recovers and I dropped to 127 out of the blue. When the doctors know that all of your hormones are screwed up, they turn you into a pin cushion. :)

If I were making banana cake, I'd make chocolate or white chocolate buttercream. Chocolate is easier. Let me know if want instructions.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    itsMcKay wrote: »
    I ate an entire 8oz. package of Philly cream cheese early this week (with a spoon, too LOL). Logged 2oz. a day over the next several days, as to hide my shameful binge.

I used to make cheesy mashed potatoes by mixing one potato with half an 8-oz. block of cream cheese, 4 Tbsp. of butter, 4 oz. of greek yogurt, 4 oz. of cheddar, garlic and some bacon bits, salt, smoked paprika, cayenne and chives. Then, for dinner, the exact same thing but replaced the potato with pasta. I should have just microwaved the cheese. Those were, like, 3200-calorie days.

And, that, kids, is how a 115-lb. athlete becomes 120 lbs. overweight!

My confession is that I still crave it EVERY SINGLE DAY. But I won't allow it to happen. I can't even keep cheese in my house, it's that bad. It's my single food addiction.

Wow! That sounds soooo good. I could see myself eating that until I made myself sick... I must forget this post before dinner. Or put the cheese in enough potatoes to share with my teen boys.
  • orangesmartie
    Confession: I have bugger all work to do and I am surfing here and the batcave to keep me amused and occupied.

Only 2.5 hours to go!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Confession: I have bugger all work to do and I am surfing here and the batcave to keep me amused and occupied.

Only 2.5 hours to go!

And I am just starting. :(
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    HerkMeOff2 wrote: »
    I have ate at least 5000 calories today

tomorrow is a new day! (or today actually). Be kind to yourself. Do not say negative things to yourself. Do not tell yourself off. Move on and start fresh with your next meal. You got this.

I am copying and pasting this to your wall RIGHT NOW!!! :)

I wish I could remember the advice you gave to that other poster a while back... :(

:p thank you :)x

<3

And congrats on the plans for next year's trip!!
  • dindon68
    dindon68 Posts: 26 Member
    I made blueberry muffins, and because I knew I wouldn't be able to leave them alone, I took one and put the rest in the boot of my husbands car, rang him when he got to work, and told him to share them out. he wasn't happy because he ate four of them.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    dindon68 wrote: »
    I made blueberry muffins, and because I knew I wouldn't be able to leave them alone, I took one and put the rest in the boot of my husbands car, rang him when he got to work, and told him to share them out. he wasn't happy because he ate four of them.

He didn't share very well. LOL!
  • orangesmartie
    dindon68 wrote: »

Hahaha great plan!
  • Lois_1989
    Lacking inspiration today. I don't really know what to do with myself. I'm at work, so I should really do that, but I don't want to...
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Lacking inspiration today. I don't really know what to do with myself. I'm at work, so I should really do that, but I don't want to...

Me too. I just want to be back home in bed.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Looks like we all survived the weekend. Aside from it being the cooler side of Hades in Texas this weekend, I lost track of my eating. We all do it sometimes. It's just time for me to get back on track and make some better choices. I hate seeing the scale jump about four pounds when I know my intake was NOT that high. Dang sodium!!!