Day 2 of challenge August 9 thru 15

carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
Good morning everyone!!! Hope this finds everyone well.

I'm pleased to say.... my friend Charles and I yanked all the boxes and totes out of my storage unit. Looked like my storage unit exploxed into the street. SOOOOO much crap. But, took us 2 hours to reorganize all of it. I now have all totes in some semblence of order in the storage unit, clothes and shoes near the front as I swap out seasons. Also, sheets, blankets, quilts, pillows all together.....all kitchen stuff in the back, along with my longaberger baskets and other household items. My furniture is on the right. It seems like I have more yardsale stuff in the storage unit than stuff I am actually keeping. I figure if my family doesn't have a yard sale this fall, than our battered women's shelter will get one heck of a donation this fall/winter. At the end of summer, I also plan on being proactive in selecting clothes I am keeping for next summer. I am totally embracing the LCHF lifestyle and am slowly starting to see some progress... and I a only at 50g carbs a day right now. I plan on selling/donating anything with a 2x/3x (except my dresses as I can have them altered)....IF I happen to be this size next year, I will have to rebuy clothes... which will be all my fault and hopefully will be awesome motivation to really get moving more.

I also started a 30 day squat challenge yesterday. One month, starting at 50 squats day one, 250 by day 30. I'm excited to be doing this. Also, I plan on getting back to Zumba tonight. The Oxycodone makes me feel loopy, but aides in pain relief, so here I go.

Replies

• carimiller7391
    Goals: almost forgot....

1. Zumba tonight. See if I like the classes at my gym.
    2. keep up with the squat challenge I am doing for me.
    3. Keep to 50g of carbs per day or less.

Just 3 this week to work on. Now that I'm feeling better, I know for me personally not to stretch myself to thin. I've even started making to do list based on days of the week and putting them in my calendar in order of importance. I find the more organized I am, the better I feel overall.

So what's your goals??
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Surviving the month of August. Have to finalize my legal matter (and finish a class in the next couple days!!), have a PT appointment, hopefully settle a new matter with my apartments, get current with the IRS, and so many other things I've forgotten, so:

1: finish class asap
    2: focus on work during work hours. period.
    3: make a comprehensive to do list, preferably with schedule
    4: map bills/due dates to required travel schedule
    5: keep from drinking, eating chocolate like it's a marathon buffet, and get fully back on track...

SIGH
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    just passing through for a moment... medical issues keeping me away from all civilized conversation.
    will check in soon.
  • carimiller7391
    Carly- suggestion for you. This seems to work for me, keep me organized and my mind free. I bought a calendar that shows a week at a time. I made a comprehensive to-do list that encompasses a few weeks to a month of things, including Dr/Dentist appointments and all. I filled all the apointments on my calendar. Then I look at other things on my to-do list that may be in the same area.. Like tonight, I need to go to BJ's, Autozone, Reggie's and the gym. One huge circle. I'm going to Autozone, return the core to my brakes, BJ's to get snuggle, Reggie's to say hi (refused to see him this weekend due to he was getting toooo comfortable having me around all the time that I started to feel taken advantage of) and then the gym- Zumba class. All that should take 1.5 hours, then 1 hour for Zumba, then home for the night. Since it's planned/mapped out for me... I have a plan of attack and know which direction I want to go. It does help me A LOT. Also, at home I have a list of arm and leg exercises I plan on doing. Again, already written down along with my 55 squats for the 30 day squat challenge. It seemed overwhelming when just written down on the to-do list, but when mapped out in order, not to bad at all.

Maybe this will you. Hugs
  • KarenZen
  • KarenZen
    In the meantime, here's another pic of my beautiful great niece.
  • KarenZen
  • carimiller7391
    Karen, hope the medical issues pass quickly and you are able to return soon. You are missed. XX
  • KnitOrMiss
    Carly- suggestion for you. This seems to work for me, keep me organized and my mind free. I bought a calendar that shows a week at a time. I made a comprehensive to-do list that encompasses a few weeks to a month of things, including Dr/Dentist appointments and all. I filled all the apointments on my calendar. Then I look at other things on my to-do list that may be in the same area.. Like tonight, I need to go to BJ's, Autozone, Reggie's and the gym. One huge circle. I'm going to Autozone, return the core to my brakes, BJ's to get snuggle, Reggie's to say hi (refused to see him this weekend due to he was getting toooo comfortable having me around all the time that I started to feel taken advantage of) and then the gym- Zumba class. All that should take 1.5 hours, then 1 hour for Zumba, then home for the night. Since it's planned/mapped out for me... I have a plan of attack and know which direction I want to go. It does help me A LOT. Also, at home I have a list of arm and leg exercises I plan on doing. Again, already written down along with my 55 squats for the 30 day squat challenge. It seemed overwhelming when just written down on the to-do list, but when mapped out in order, not to bad at all.

Maybe this will you. Hugs

Lists and I are notorious enemies. I make lists and plans and maps, and then promptly forget to use them again, ever. I bet I could fill a box with old to do lists partially marked off or not at all!!! Heck, if I ever found one that was completed, and on time, I think I'd have to frame it!

For whatever reason, lists sometimes help me focus, and sometimes they just taunt me. I'm horrible at budgeting my time because even when I try to OVERestimate, I always UNDERestimate how much time things take and get impossibly behind schedule. Almost without fail. It's so...frustrating.

I'm working through that Change Anything book, but I haven't gotten to my worksheets yet. But I did much better on work task time today.... But I still have a personal task that needs to be finished... *sigh* Away I go...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Karen, hope the medical issues pass quickly and you are able to return soon. You are missed. XX

Karen, get better. That's an order. We miss you. Life does not go on the same without you. (Kidding about the order bit, but serious about the rest!)