PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter + Greek Yogurt

itsMcKay
itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
I know this isn't news, but I finally got around to trying it!

I just mixed 12 g. (2 Tbsp.) of PB2 powdered peanut butter into 227 g. (1 cup) of nonfat plain greek yogurt with a packet of splenda.

MY GOD. It is so good. It certainly has the flavor and tang of the greek yogurt but 3x as much protein as peanut butter and way fewer calories: 190 TOTAL, whereas 2 Tbsp. of regular peanut butter alone is 190!

It was so thick and creamy and VERY peanut buttery.

UPSIDE: I feel like I just ate a jar of peanut butter!

DOWNSIDE: I feel like I just ate a jar of peanut butter.

While I likely won't eat it on its own like that again, it'd be great for spreads, mixes and toppings. :) Dip some celery or apples in it, for sure.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I like Greek, PB2 and Grapenuts cereal. Crunchy & nutty.

PB2 is great mixed in oatmeal too. I like to use maple syrup as the sweetener, maple & peanut butter...yum.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I just made a peanut sauce with peanut flour to mix with my plain steamed chicken and broccoli from Chinese takeout last night.
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Thanks for the idea, I'm trying to up my protein and love PB but find it a bit scary, so will definitely be trying this! Reckon it would work with soy yoghurt?
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    It's even better with the chocolate PB2!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    If you add a bit of Hershey's Dark Chocolate powder and a Splenda packet, it takes it to another level.
  • itsMcKay
    Thanks for the idea, I'm trying to up my protein and love PB but find it a bit scary, so will definitely be trying this! Reckon it would work with soy yoghurt?

I would imagine so.
  • itsMcKay
    Alluminati wrote: »
    If you add a bit of Hershey's Dark Chocolate powder and a Splenda packet, it takes it to another level.

I know they make a chocolate PB2, also. I just happened to see this jar of plain at Costco for $5 so I snagged it.

That sounds really good.
  • itsMcKay
    I just made a peanut sauce with peanut flour to mix with my plain steamed chicken and broccoli from Chinese takeout last night.

The savory applications interest me the most. I love a good satay.