Tall ladies with 25+ lbs to lose; where are you?

Replies

• stephylynn190
    stephylynn190 Posts: 33 Member
    (Am also 5'10''-5'11'')

Me too. I started at 300, am currently at 209 and would like to get to 190. Actually, I would be ecstatic to weigh 200. :)

I'm right there too! I'm 5'10"-5'11" and my highest weight was 293, current weight is 210, and goal weight was 190 though now I'm thinking more like 175 (high "normal" BMI) so my Dr. will get off my back. At this point I'm just dying to get on the scale and see a number that begins with a 1! haha Anyone here have a before and after photo of a little over 200 to 170ish that they would like to share for inspiration?

My picture is before & currently. SW 210 CW 176 GW 140. Feel free to add me :)

You look great! I'd be ecstatic if I looked even close to that good when I hit my 175 GW. I am so envious of my shorter friends. They will loose 20-30 lbs and look like a new person, I lose 20-30 lbs and my current jeans just fit looser. It's good to see that the weight loss will eventually show on my tall frame.
  • stephylynn190
    stephylynn190 Posts: 33 Member
    linzi02 wrote: »
    (Am also 5'10''-5'11'')

Me too. I started at 300, am currently at 209 and would like to get to 190. Actually, I would be ecstatic to weigh 200. :)

I'm right there too! I'm 5'10"-5'11" and my highest weight was 293, current weight is 210, and goal weight was 190 though now I'm thinking more like 175 (high "normal" BMI) so my Dr. will get off my back. At this point I'm just dying to get on the scale and see a number that begins with a 1! haha Anyone here have a before and after photo of a little over 200 to 170ish that they would like to share for inspiration?

I don't know how to add pictures on here but if you look on my profile there is a before and after picture. First is around 206lbs second is about 165lbs

You look fantastic!
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Hi all you shorties!!! lol Im 6'2" and have about 80lbs to lose, please feel free to add me Im always looking for friends that log daily and stay active.
  • Hollywoodjess
    Hollywoodjess Posts: 13 Member
    (Am also 5'10''-5'11'')

My picture is before & currently. SW 210 CW 176 GW 140. Feel free to add me :)

You look great! I'd be ecstatic if I looked even close to that good when I hit my 175 GW. I am so envious of my shorter friends. They will loose 20-30 lbs and look like a new person, I lose 20-30 lbs and my current jeans just fit looser. It's good to see that the weight loss will eventually show on my tall frame.

Thank you!
    Oh yes, I totally agree! I feel I'm only starting to notice a visual difference now that I'm 30lbs+ down. But now my weight is getting lower, when I lose a couple of pounds I can tell, where as at the beginning I couldn't.. If that makes sense?

• dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Hey ladies. I just turned 38, am 5'11" and currently weight 325. I started weight watchers two months ago and joined the local gym. I'm sweating my butt off almost everyday for 1 1/2 hours and I'm just not seeing any progress. Before I started I didn't notice any flabby arms. Now, for the first time tonight, I'm noticing real bad flab. I'm so confused and just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Sweating your butt off is great! But weight loss is 75-80% diet (not an exact number but you get my drift). Although you go to the gym for 1.5 hours, what/how much are you eating?

Also, the flab could be muscle growth that is leaving excess skin. I haven't noticed any weight loss for a while but I can tell I am stronger. When I started in October I was doing cable rope tricep extensions at 20 lbs, now I'm doing 3 sets, 10 reps at 80 lbs! I notice more flab in my arms but it could be that before, it was full of fat/water/crap, and now there is lean muscle under there! Muscle is more dense, so although 1 pound of fat and 1 pound of muscle both weigh 1 pound, the muscle is going to take up much less room.

Keep it up! I understand your frustration but focus on your diet and kicking butt in the gym :smile:
  • Hey girls, I am 29, 5'8, SW 219 CW 215 GW 170 or lower. I've yo-yo'd back and forth over the past decade and am determined to be at my goal weight by the time I turn 30 next July! I'm on week 4 of the C25k program and just bought me a fancy schmancy new pair of running shoes this past weekend. Always open to new friends if you want to add! B)
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    5'10", I'm 30, Highest around 260 years ago, half assed it last summer from 225 down to 203, got lazy, gained back, started most recently 2 months ago at 211, sitting at 193 now, not aiming for any weight in particular but want to at least be out of the 180s before the end of october (big trip w/ the husband booked).
  • Buppybup
    Buppybup Posts: 25 Member
    Hi! My name is Maggy and I'm 5'7". I'm around 195 pounds and I'm setting my sights on 170 pounds. I'm currently breastfeeding so I shouldn't lose more than 1 pound a week, but I am so hoping to be less fluffy by my baby's first birthday! (This December)

I would love to be 145 but I think that's a dream weight! Please add me as a friend if you want! Always looking for new friends and more motivation! :)
  • meganelizabethmfp
    meganelizabethmfp Posts: 25 Member
    5'8" and 205lbs, my goal weight is somewhere around 165. add me as a friend!
  • Methynks
    Methynks Posts: 32 Member
    Hey Girlies, just under 6' and on 286lbs at the moment - final goal will be somewhere around 170 - but I'll cross that bridge when I get there ;-) step by step, one day at a time!
  • julaberry
    julaberry Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I'm julie and am currently 15'11.5". I am 5 ft 9in and am doing slimming world and 5:2 combined....New to my fitness psl as only been using it for a week. Anyone with tips are my friend! X
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Hi! I'm 5'11 and my starting weight was 215 lbs. I'm pretty much at maintenance now, 72 lbs down. I guess I'm the "after" for you? Anyway, I know what it's like, where you've been, where you're going, and all the joys of being tall (5 lbs loss no one notices :neutral: 5 lb gain no one notices :smiley: ).

Feel free to add me, just leave a message about how you're a tall person. I always add tall people.
  • daisy_janinex
    daisy_janinex Posts: 20 Member
    Hi! I'm 5'10 and about 215 lbs. been trying to lose for about 2 and a half years, flitting in between different diets. I know calorie counting is the best way so making a fresh start! Feel free to add me :)
  • suejabin2014
    suejabin2014 Posts: 116 Member
    I'm 5'4 and have to lose around 45lbs feel free to add me.
  • faberallison
    faberallison Posts: 45 Member
    5'9. CW: 180. GW: 150. Feel free to add me :)
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Hi. I am 26 years old and 5' 11'' and currently weigh 263lbs. I started at 285 and would like to get down to 175 :) Feel free to add me :)
  • judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    I'm 5'8.5 my highest weight was 250, but I started MFP at around 200. I'm at 177 now and I want to get down to 140lbs.
  • Beelewis98
    Beelewis98 Posts: 8 Member
    im 5'9 and 153, i want to get get down to 130
  • maryscrap
    maryscrap Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 5'11". Lost weight many times and gained it back. Currently at 267 looking to hit 165. Please feel free to add me!
  • lindseykytti
    lindseykytti Posts: 10 Member
    Wow reading that I thought I wrote it! I was 5'8 shrunk to 5'6 but I'm back to 5'7.5. I started losing weight at 225 and I'm down to 197. My Dr put me on a keto diet due to various health reasons. Then we did a food allergy test and the results floored me! I have since been roughly sticking to my diet and not eating anything on the allergy list and the weight is just falling off.