Gastric Bypass Weightloss Bariatric Surgery

Hello! My friends call me b. I had gastric bypass surgery June 19th, 2015. Anyone else out there wanting to support and advise each other through this?

Replies

• rny91415
    rny91415 Posts: 23 Member
    bchihi wrote: »
    Hello! My friends call me b. I had gastric bypass surgery June 19th, 2015. Anyone else out there wanting to support and advise each other through this?

I will have mine done on the 14 of September:) hope you are feeling well
  • bchihi
    bchihi Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks Im feeling good, it was the best decision :) Congrats
  • jcrimmins227
    jcrimmins227 Posts: 1 Member
    I had mine on August 10 2015. Starting phase 2 today
  • cawiley653
    cawiley653 Posts: 1 Member
    I had mine on the 15th of June. I have complications with the spleen so my progress has been slow getting food in. I am at a point now where smells of food cooking really bother me.
  • karencollinspettus
    karencollinspettus Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hello- I just started the journey to surgery. Through Kaiser I am on the Pre-Op Bariatric diet for a week so far. I have lost 9pounds. I had a bad day yesterday but back on track today. I have not been given my pre weight loss number yet. I plan not to have surgery until the beginning of the year due to a vacation I have planned out of the country. Don't want to be far from Dr. If anything goes wrong. Did any of you have to loose weight before surgery? If so how much? I am motivated but also so paranoid because there are days I can't reach my goals of protein because I'm not use to so much protine. Any protine suggestion? Looking for good meal ideas so I would love to become friends with anyone for support and to see their food diary for better ideas. Sounds like you all are doing
  • I had mine July 28, 2015
  • cherylafowler70
    cherylafowler70 Posts: 1 Member
    I had mine on June 17th
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Welcome, all.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband

I had my surgery eighteen months ago. I literally have a new lease on life. As my dad said recently, I lost the weight and then " took off." Running, that is. Because I can. Light enough to run. It's a miracle.
  • jgnatca
    Did any of you have to loose weight before surgery? If so how much?
    The program where I live requires clients to lose weight prior to surgery. I lost forty pounds pre-surgery; thirty pounds the months following up, and ten pounds in the two weeks I was on a liquid diet.
    Any protine suggestion?
    I was T2 diabetic prior to surgery so I got lots of training on getting enough protein in at every meal. That's what I suggest you do. Eat a little protein every time you eat and it will be easier to eat within your calorie limit while getting enough protein.

Here's my list of mid-day snacks which includes a list of portable proteins.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/mid-day-snacks-722504

If I am having a bad day protein-wise I'll finish off the day with a protein shake. That seems to do the trick.
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    Hey everyone I just had the Roux-en-y surgery december 30, 2016. i'm looking for others who've had wls for support and to talk to as i have no one really to talk to when having issues. so please add me
  • jgnatca
    Welcome, @vanillarose77. I had the RNY coming up to two years ago. Are you getting close to eating "normally"? (Types of foods, not portions).
  • stephaniecjohn
    stephaniecjohn Posts: 4 Member
    Search Bariatric or wls on Facebook and you'll find thousands of friends. I'm in a great group just for people having the sleeve this spring!
  • auntwella
    auntwella Posts: 1 Member
    Thanks