5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Replies

• Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Thank you x and I just realised I forgot to say my height - 5'8".
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Bump
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    I frigging love this thread!
    I'm 5'10 SW 234.2 CW 152...I need to get some pics on here at some point.

You all look amazing!!!
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »

I started off exercising 5 times a week for at least 20 mins, then slowly upped my workouts to 40 mins to an hour. I've recently got a new job so workouts have taken a bit of a back burner but I still make sure I workout on days off, so at the moment my exercise plan is about an hour 3 times a week. I use FitnessBlender and their Youtube channel, and started with the beginner workouts etc (so difficulties 1 and 2).

Sorry for the long post but it's kinda hard to sum up so many lifestyle changes and still keep it concise haha. Hope this helps :)

Have you sent your pics to Kelli and Daniel? It's amazing the progress you've made, and made me want to get back on with their fitness plans. :) Thanks!

• Clarewho
    @fanncy0626 - Hi thanks for asking, all I’ve done is stuck (pretty religiously) to my calorie limit (1260 a day which seems low for my height but I’m sedentary (desk job in a tiny office so I barely move for most of the day). I’m careful to get enough protein each day as I don’t want to lose muscle mass, after that I’m not too bothered about fat/carbs at present.

No food is ‘off limits’ – but being on low calories I need to be careful with nutrition, so my diet is pretty healthy. If I fancy a treat I just have a very small amount of it. I don’t tend to drink my calories (barring the occasional blow-out!). My diary is open if you want to take a look (bear in mind I had a camping trip in the last week when both logging and diet went completely awry – but that’s fine, I’m back to it now and I felt confident to let rip for a few days knowing I’d pick it up again this week…)!!

My weight loss may seem fast but at first I only lost 2lb per week (even in the first couple of weeks I never got the initial water loss that people talk about - I’ve always drunk plenty of water so I probably wasn’t retaining water to begin with). Recently my loss has slowed to more like 1lb per week which is intentional as I get closer to goal.

I’ve exercised approx 4/5 times a week with cardio plus strength training, plus the odd run - and I eat about 50% of exercise calories back.

I don’t see this as a short-term thing to get me to my goal weight. I’ve enjoyed the process and it hasn’t been too hard. I’m loving being back in the gym and barring injury I can’t see any reason why this isn’t a lifetime change. I now understand food and nutritional values far better - so my hope is that in the future I’ll be successful at maintaining…

Good luck everyone :smiley:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Clarewho wrote: »

Thanks for the reply you did an awesome job!
  • Clarewho
    amynb524 wrote: »
    81n3tokcg3mk.jpg
    I'm 5'8"
    I started in January:
    SW: 253
    CW: 186
    GW: 165

Looking good x
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Hi, I am 5'11" and at 142.5 lb. Found this site last week and am very thankful for all the great tools that are available here, and for free!

I am not sure about my scale being correct, because when I go to doctors office every year, I weight in about 8 lb more than on home scale. But I am not going to worry about it, and concentrate on the difference.

Here are my before pictures. I would like to go down 12-15lb. My waist is 30.0 and hips are 38.5 and would like to loose at least 2in - 4in on both. I need to look at my measurements from 10 years ago and see what they were and aim for that.
    Last 10 years I work an office job, sit all day long, and that has added these extra lb, plus not minding much what I eat. This website is great on keeping up with food calories!

weight-before-nov7-2012_142.jpg

Really glad to see another tall-y shooting for a lower weight range. I am 5'11 and goal weight of 130-135. I am currently sitting at 142.5 though you look WAY better than I do at this point!
  • MissionToHotMom
    MissionToHotMom Posts: 8 Member
    Tall Girl Bump
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Looking good, @Michelepiper940!!
  • nerdgirlinlv
    nerdgirlinlv Posts: 32 Member
    5'9 here...lurking for now...just started my journey late April. Thank you ladies for your inspiration
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    @nerdgirlinlv feel free to add me if you'd like ~ I have other tall friends and I love watching the progress and getting inspiration! :)
  • greenie
    greenie Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks for the motivation all!
  • FrazierSamuel
    FrazierSamuel Posts: 45 Member
    x2uenixvhd40.jpg
    l5vzwo0u1h06.jpg
    I am a little over 5 ft 8. I am in low 160s

Great job. You look much younger.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    natlierees wrote: »
    I'm 5'9" I've lost 10lb between these 2 pics I'm 164 on the left and 154 on the right I've also gained half inch in height due to better posture and I've lost 4" off waist. I'm still going

Yea! You are doing an amazing job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!