Need a new batch of buddies!

Options
*** I originally posted this in Motivation & Support, but it wasn't getting much MFP love...

Hi, MFPers!

I've been a member of MFP for a while, but am recently rejoining and "renewing my commitment" to myself. (I hate cliché phrases like that, don't you??)

Anyway, I went through and deleted old MFP friends who, like myself, had not logged in for a really long time, and now I don't have very many. I would like to add some more, so let me introduce myself:

I'm Shelly and I live in Texas with my husband, step-son, and cat. I first joined MFP in 2011 and lost a lot of weight, until I gained it all back after an accident. And then some. And then some more after that. Fast forward a few years to August of last year, and I had ballooned up to nearly 280 pounds. That was unacceptable to me!

I started losing weight slowly but surely. I joined Noom Coach and have had some success with that, but then I found a jewel in Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book, Eat to Live. It advocates a vegetarian lifestyle. I don't like being "labeled" a vegetarian, because I still cheat from time to time, but I am following a mostly-vegetarian diet. I have lost 8 pounds just since the first of the month!

Anyway, add me! I'm very supportive and will provide you motivation and humor along the way!

Replies

• PrincessMegan13
    PrincessMegan13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I completely understand about going back and forth with MFP. I loved the format, and loved that I could track everything, but didn't have any friends or support on the website, and I just quit using it. I'm now back and trying like the dickens to make it work this time.

I am happy for you that you found something that it working for you! That's awesome, and it seems like you are making wonderful progress.

I'd love to be MFP friends and swap support! :smile:
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* Oh! Oh! Pick me! I am "batches" of buddies all by myself, though I am working on that. I used to be a whole crowd of buddies but got it down to "batches" over the last year.

Don't be put off by that first sentence or two. On occasion I am actually funny.
  • lcelio22
    lcelio22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love support too! Every day is a struggle for me but groups like this make things easier for me. I tried adding you but it won't let me.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You've all been added! Thanks! :)