What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• dmegk5
    dmegk5 Posts: 26 Member
    I will be a junior in college in a couple of weeks. My freshman year in high school I did weight watchers for a few months, started at 260 ended at 240. I stayed at that weight all through HS until graduation but then the summer into college and through the first semester I went up to 270. Since starting MFP I am down to about 238 according to the scale this morning. This is the lowest weight I have been since at least my freshman year of HS!!!
  • ashleesaid
    ashleesaid Posts: 50 Member
    Been counting calories and seriously exercising for 2 weeks and today my pants feel way less tight, finally I can feel something changing!
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Just put on some pants I haven't been able to squeeze into in two years, and they fit perfectly. Now, I look forward to the time that they are too big...
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Completed couch to 5 k. 30 minutes of running. I'm elated
  • I have been doing a plank challenge since a week ago Monday. The challenge is designed so that you're doing a different type of plank each day with the same amount of time for each plank and then the time increases each week repeating the same planks. Well, Thursdays are "plank on a stability ball" day. Last week I had to do the plank for 1 minute and couldn't even balance on the ball for 2 seconds so I gave up and just did a normal plank for the time. Today, I was supposed to do the stability ball plank for 2 minutes and was able to hold it for 1 minute and 20 seconds! :smile:

Also, I have gotten at least 30 minutes of activity everyday for 18 days in a row now. That activity involves 3 days of hiit on the elliptical and 2 days of body weight training during the week, a 2 mile walk on Saturdays, and a 1 mile walk on Sundays and I actually look forward to it! :o
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Lost 5.5" from my waist and 2" from my thigh since 5/1/15.
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    KarlaH9801 wrote: »
    5fy3vqea4kn9.jpg
    I was cleaning out my bedroom closets and found these. I bought these in December of 2012, when my 22's no longer fit. They are a size 24, and I can now fit my whole self into one of the legs.
    Two years later- I am so happy I found MFP!

:o How incredible is this?!

• Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    I decided to walk down and then up the 220 stairs from my 11th floor offices to the first floor of my office building, and only stopped twice on the way up (once to let someone pass going down). Even though it took about 10 minutes to recover completely after coming up, I now feel so great that I'm going to do it again tomorrow. :smiley:
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    KarlaH9801 wrote: »
    5fy3vqea4kn9.jpg
    I was cleaning out my bedroom closets and found these. I bought these in December of 2012, when my 22's no longer fit. They are a size 24, and I can now fit my whole self into one of the legs.
    Two years later- I am so happy I found MFP!

This is soooo brilliant! Well done!
  • GSixZero
    GSixZero Posts: 48 Member
    Just this morning I decided to try on my very expensive, only so adjustable lifting belt that I had grown out of even on its biggest setting. Today two notches tighter and there is still room to tighten. Beautiful day.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    My skinny jeans are now my fat pants!!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    For the last week or so I have been averaging over 27,000 steps a day.
  • hugheseva
    Ruatine wrote: »
    I decided to walk down and then up the 220 stairs from my 11th floor offices to the first floor of my office building, and only stopped twice on the way up (once to let someone pass going down). Even though it took about 10 minutes to recover completely after coming up, I now feel so great that I'm going to do it again tomorrow. :smiley:

I think it's a great idea!
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    I did 3 burpees at karate training last night! I started karate a little over a month ago and couldn't do 1.
    It is so so SO great to see my strength and fitness slowly improving. I wonder how many burpees I will be able to do in another month's time? :) Can't wait to find out!
  • catehealthyorbust
    catehealthyorbust Posts: 4 Member
    I did 33 pushups this morning (one set of 19 and one set of 14) during 30DS. That's up from 21 when I started!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    I did 33 pushups this morning (one set of 19 and one set of 14) during 30DS. That's up from 21 when I started!

@catehealthyorbust That's amazing! One of my non-weight goals is to be able to do 10 "real" pushups (not on my knees). Right now I struggle just doing two on my knees. :smile: Great job!
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Just started running last week and for the first time a ran a whole Kilometer in 6mins46secs which I've never done before. Not that impressive to some but made my day :smile:
  • kristinels
    kristinels Posts: 315 Member
    Ruatine wrote: »

@catehealthyorbust That's amazing! One of my non-weight goals is to be able to do 10 "real" pushups (not on my knees). Right now I struggle just doing two on my knees. :smile: Great job!

Great job ladies! Pushups were going to be my NSV as well ;)@Ruatine - I was like you 6 months ago. Actually worse! I couldn't even one pushup on my knees. I had to start doing them against a wall, graduate down to doing them on a lower surface like a desk or coffee table, and then eventually started doing them on my knees. Last week I started an 'On Ramp' class at a CrossFit box and told them I couldn't do 'real' pushups. This past Tuesday, the trainer said "Let me see you try one..." It turned out I did it just fine! I did 12 in a row that night! Now I'm gonna work on making them better and being able to do more like @catehealthyorbust.
  • hugheseva
    [/quote]

Great job ladies! Pushups were going to be my NSV as well ;)@Ruatine - I was like you 6 months ago. Actually worse! I couldn't even one pushup on my knees. I had to start doing them against a wall, graduate down to doing them on a lower surface like a desk or coffee table, and then eventually started doing them on my knees. Last week I started an 'On Ramp' class at a CrossFit box and told them I couldn't do 'real' pushups. This past Tuesday, the trainer said "Let me see you try one..." It turned out I did it just fine! I did 12 in a row that night! Now I'm gonna work on making them better and being able to do more like @catehealthyorbust. [/quote]

I am still on the wall! But I put my feet way behind me so it is hard. I do 3 sets of 20. I am still too chicken to try it on the floor. Today is the day...since you all inspired me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!