Weetabix... how do you eat it?

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I have 6 weetbix with warm milk and a tablespoon of sugar.
    This was my breakfast for years

Ours don't look like the picture posted above. They're lighter in colour and a oblong shape.

6! Woah. :) I've only ever eaten 2 at most.

Yep, the Aussie ones are rectangular and can't be cut in half without flakes everywhere.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Orphia wrote: »

Ours don't look like the picture posted above. They're lighter in colour and a oblong shape.

Yep, the Aussie ones are rectangular and can't be cut in half without flakes everywhere.

haha they are so light and flaky though!

• tdr82
    tdr82 Posts: 48 Member
    has anyone attempted the weetbix challenge of eating one in a minute, raw with not fluids?
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    1rdvwv3acem6.jpg

Aldi brand.
  • Qskim
    l6fdodyraepj.jpg

Shame I can't eat them. It is an art to halve them. Kinda like slate. Gotta find the seam lol.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Yum, mrsbaldee! Why can't you eat them?
  • Qskim
    Not gluten free..but I do have GF ones which are not very good for this so I just use a whole one but it's not the same..too thick.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Kexessa wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I just got my first box. No milk with mine, please! I like them plain and sprinkled over cottage cheese.

They're ridiculously expensive here in the states, so I won't buy another box. They're not that good.
    Kexessa wrote: »
    What is Weetabix? Like oatmeal?

It's like shredded wheat, but softer and a little sweeter. IMO, it's better. It cannot hold up in milk. Turns to absolute mush immediately.

Interesting. By the picture it must be one of those things that tastes better than it looks. Like shredded wheat though, must be high in fiber.
    No, it tastes even worse than it looks.
  • Qskim
    tdr82 wrote: »
    has anyone attempted the weetbix challenge of eating one in a minute, raw with not fluids?

Don't breathe :D
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Mmmm love Weetabix with hot milk and sugar sprinkled over the top on a cold winter morning. For me the trick is to put in just enough milk so the bottoms are soggy but the tops are crisp.

Don't like shredded wheat.

I also use Weetabix in recipes instead of breadcrumbs. ie, meatloaf.

Cheers, h.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Orphia wrote: »

haha they are so light and flaky though!

And as soon as you pour milk on them, they disappear. It's like the melt or something.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Here's ours. You couldn't cut them in half, they'd fall/crumble apart.

xap6lteu7a47.png

That's them. And they're probably maybe 3 inches long.

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    I prefer Oatibix, but either way it has to be very cold or warm milk for me - never room temperature.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    It has to be hot water or milk for me, I like them warm. Warm with a little sugar or strawberry jam (jelly?).
    I also like them crumbled up and sprinkled over yogurt.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Weetabix wish a splash of cold milk and a sprinkling of sugar.

Has to be eaten in about 10 seconds flat while there is still a bit of crunch.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    mrsbaldee wrote: »
    l6fdodyraepj.jpg

Shame I can't eat them. It is an art to halve them. Kinda like slate. Gotta find the seam lol.
    I have a colleague who used to have them with butter and jam as a kid - I was a little weirded out the first time they mentioned it, to be honest! Now I'm intrigued. :D
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited August 2015
    With 1 cup of 2% milk, plus a half-handful of blueberries or raisins, with a 25g scoop of whey protein powder. Cold in the summer, hot in the winter.
  • Qskim
    icck wrote: »
    mrsbaldee wrote: »
    l6fdodyraepj.jpg

I have a colleague who used to have them with butter and jam as a kid - I was a little weirded out the first time they mentioned it, to be honest! Now I'm intrigued. :D

Some people do it with Vegemite. Honey is nice too.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    I am totally going to try cutting them in half! Thanks for the tip!

I think the two halves could make a wonderful low calorie "ice-cream sandwich" with frozen yogurt in the middle.

I eat mine this way : Take one biscuit, put in a bowl and fill with milk until it is almost covered. Microwave on high for one minute, till it bubbles up. The biscuit falls apart, the milk warms up and and you have a delicious hot porridge really quickly, a bran version of oatmeal. I must make it again :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Ok I had two in 1/2 cup of warm milk with some honey drizzled on top. So it was partly chewy partly crispy, and yes, as good as I remembered.

Dunno about the filling factor though. I had a Greek yogurt too.