Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Happy Sunday to all.

Hi, my name is Lori. Age 55, sw 297, cw 175, gw under 150. MFP member since June of last year, been on this thread since August of last year.

Seeing those numbers is mind boggling for me. 25 ish pounds to goal? How did that happen?
    Weight loss is a mind game. Yes, it plays out on your plate and with exercise but so much of it is in your head. I am back to logging my food. Mostly accurate, not quite 100%. I do know when I log I get results. Much less food goes in the mouth when it gets logged. I make better choices overall. Allow myself fewer excuses and fewer "Oh well, tomorrow is another day" type moments.

It has been very hot here (90F), and humid. As my friend Mary says "The corn and I do not get along. When the corn is happy I am not." So I have been biking in the morning and some evenings. Only hit the gym twice this week. But I think I have put more than 75 miles on the bike.

My trainer and I did measurements this week. Since I started working out with him 14 1/2 months ago: Weight - 79 pounds, neck - 3 1/4 inches, arms - 4 inches, chest - 16 1/2 inches, waist - 8 inches, hips - 13 1/2 inches, thighs - 5 1/2 (these are actually on the way back up due to all the biking), calf - 2 1/2 inches. BMI from 45 to 29.
    He has been a great motivator. Well worth the money spent.

Today I am taking a day off. I do have a few things I need to get done, nothing urgent. This week will be stressfull at work. I have some deadlines to meet. I will work hard at keeping my zen.

Love to all,
    Lori <3

“The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.”
    – Tommy Lasorda
  • PatriziaSandra
    PatriziaSandra Posts: 1 Member
    Is the board still active?
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Hello from Ketchikan, AK. Just a quick stop to say hello & post a few pics, qccwh7cszq1b.jpgezl6whgzgzn9.jpg

c1t1cee6kf62.jpg
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    @PatriziaSandra - yes this board is still going strong. Welcome! there are a lot of us regulars here posting frequently. So glad you have decided to as well. If you have any questions feel free to ask and one of us will answer right here for you.
    We've all had a lot of weight to lose, and some of us still have a lot to go. get acquainted by going back a few pages and reading.

@finallygettinghealthy -welcome to you also - I've been gone vacationing a lot. But should be around more now. Glad to see you. Just starting is always hard. Look to lose just 10 lbs at first - a smaller goal is easier.

@andeegirl - Hi and welcome! Please come here often. Also make use of all the features on your tabs. Over time, there are the graphs which are so cool to see as they chart your progress. I really enjoy them!

@annr - Becca - how nice to rearrange your cupboards. I did enjoy the pix of your hubby in the kilt. One thing I really like is that - um I think Its called a sporran? that pouch they wear in front - I've long thought that would make an excellent purse design - I can't hold one with my hand or on my shoulder and I hate wearing my purse as a cross-body cuz of my booby....LOL....

@Cblue - happy that you hired an office person and had a day off finally! Kayaking is so fun!

@tih - great pix.

@laurie - great plans for your dad and having home health. Nice to cover the p.m. shift that way. The fact that you've found a house or home right now? might be a bit of an inconvenience, but there is rarely a pleasant time in a person's life where everything is slow, leasurely, and just happy go lucky. I say, if you love it, go for it.

@Skinny - thanks for the actual dates for the Shamrock Shuffle -if I make it, my pref is for a bed for myself, (I am at 270) but I don't care how many other people are in the room.

AFM - my old doc retired, and my new doc has reviewed some details of my medications and pointed out an error. I have been taking a med at night that I should be taking in the morning. The drug energizes me (just as a side effect) and thus explains why, after I take my night pills, I get a burst of energy and tend to stay up every night until 3-4 am, and included in this is A LOT of snacking. I've made the change now and hope to see my sleep habits start to change.

Also, some EXCITING news. I MAY have a job. I'll be confirmed by the end of September for it. The position is a part-time one of caring for a sweet and amazing 75 year old lady who is paralyzed from the neck down. I interviewed with her first and among all her candidates, she picked me. During the interview of course, she had the current aide show me what had to be done and had me repeat each move so she was assured I was physically capable of doing it. It doesn't hurt me at all to do what's needed for her. Now that she's selected me, The State has to approve me as they are the paying agency. That will take several weeks. I've already told them of my obligations in September.
    But, @Skinny, my hours will be Sundays all day and Weds 1/2 day. And MY JOB will come first over everything else. I will be covering for other aides over Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years probably, so I might be able to get this upcoming March weekend off, but I sure don't want to ask her or even mention it for quite a while!
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Monday check-in ... doing that yo-yo thing again. gotta learn to stay away from restaurant meals.
    13541709.png
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    @Susan…those words hurt no matter that we know they are said “in the heat of the moment.” Greg is right, but I agree with you…easier said than done. BUT you are doing it and it’ll come back.

@Laurie…hope everything falls into place with your Dad and that you can have peace of mind to be able to find a house of your own.

@Lori…what an inspiration!!! Great job so far and I know you’ll get the rest of the way to your goal.

@Kelley…glad you are enjoying yourself, but the glaciers are hard to look at when we just set a new temp record of 105 here in Bismarck!!! :wink: Great pictures of the whales!!!

@Robin…that is exciting about the job. Now hopefully the state can get this moving along both for you and for her.

AFM…I’ve had my neck/shoulder out of whack for a week. Went to the chiropractor and thought it was getting better but my arm started going numb this weekend. I did get Emma’s cake done and we had a successful birthday party for her. She chose to paint an owl for her project (Owls give me the creeps!). Five girls to the painting party and two as a sleepover. About 1 hour into the sleepover, I thought, why????? But then they settled into a groove and it was fine.

After that, I spent the rest of the weekend watching TiVo and icing my shoulder/neck. Five more minutes and my chiropractor will be open and I can schedule an appointment. I really need to get fixed so I can clean my house – it is terrible!! Once I can move my arm without pain, my plan is to get one room deep cleaned at a time. Some rooms should be able to be done in a day, but others might take a couple days (my room and office are TERRIBLE!).

I know there are teachers here that have to get back into the daily grind with school, but I can't wait for school to start and have some regiment. Summer gets me out of whack and now I just need some semblance of order.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Good morning everyone.
    Kelley- the last picture made me think of the line "We are going to need a bigger boat" :)

Happy National Thriftshop Day
    Date When Celebrated : Always August 17th
    National Thriftshop Day is a day for a real bargain.
    "Thriftshops" is an old term for stores that sell items deeply discounted merchandise. It's not always the highest quality, but the price is right. You know these stores better today as discount department stores and dollar stores.
    Watch for sales and specials today at Thriftshops in celebration of National Thriftshop Day. If you are a store owner, create a sale around this special day, and watch your August sales sizzle!

If you're smiling, no matter where you are or what you're doing, you're on vacation. ~Terri Guillemets

11857432.png

Tom
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi guys!

Sorry I was MIA over the weekend.

@tracy- That cake looks delicious, and I agree that owls can be creep, but the girls' paintings are very cute.

@robin-- that's very exciting about the job, and I totally understand about not asking about the March trip yet. There's plenty of time to make that call when we get closer to Spring.

@kelley-- gorgeous pictures!! Like tracy, I'm jealous of the ice. we are melting here in chicago (thought not as hot as bismarck).

@lori-- yes, the heat has made anything outdoors quite uncomfortable lately, but you still managed to put on quite a few miles, so that's good. Your inches lost are just incredible!! So proud of you!!

@laurie-- glad your mom is agreeing to the initial 4 hours of home health care. It's exciting that you may be looking for your own place again. Did you start school today? Or is it next Monday? We start this Wednesday, but the kids' first day isn't until next Monday.

@susan-- sorry the snotty teen side of Cyrus is emerging lately. Of course it hurts, but you know he doesn't mean it. Also, I think if kids don't say things like that once in a while, it's a sign that the parents aren't really "parenting" but are just trying to be BFFs with their kids. Kind of like if my students don't call me names behind my back every now and then, I'm probably not being a rigorous enough teacher. ;)

@tom-- I love that Left Handers Day And Middle Child Day are back to back since I am both. I should have had cake to celebrate. LOL

Welcome to all of the newlings who have popped in lately. Come back often so we can get to know you.

Monday Check-in:
    Well the house cleaning and updating has pretty much come to an end. There are still a couple of closets that need to be cleared, but it's mostly my husband's tools and such. Until we get a piece of storage furniture for the spare room, we will just let those be.

As I mentioned to laurie, I start back to school on Wednesday. Although I'm never truly ready, like tracy, I will appreciate getting back to a regular schedule with less eating out and going for drinks which always kills my calorie allowance.

This weekend was busy with my chicago neighborhood festival on friday night. Saturday we spent most of the day getting things ready for the bbq we hosted on Sunday. Lots of fun having some HS friends along with a couple of friends from work. It was too hot to be out in the yard for the first couple of hours of the bbq, but once the sun started to go down, it was pretty comfortable. Today is clean up-need to finish dishes, put away chairs, etc.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Buy new light switch DONE AND INSTALLED /outlet covers DONE AND INSTALLED, and vent register DONE AND INSTALLED
    2. Buy window treatment for spare room DONE AND INSTALLED, kitchen, and dining room
    3. Buy molding for doorway between living room/kitchen DONE AND INSTALLED
    4. Clean/set up large desk DONE
    5. Clean out china cabinet DONE
    6. Clean out buffet STARTED

August Goals:

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 2014 8k = 56:49, NYE 2014 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--paint spare room DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym or run outside NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--walk gunner DONE + gym or run outside NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner NOT DONE

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Some pics from the bbq:

75hzsff6rzes.jpg

88wwufrk0pmj.jpg

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Monday Check-In: Happy Monday Everyone!!! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was good just busy all weekend it seems. After work Friday, I cleaned like a mad woman. I hate cleaning, but hate tying up my Saturday/Sunday so try to keep it up during the week days. Over the weekend, eating was good for the most part minus a chocolate dip cone. Bad Susan!!! LOL!!! I feel good. No Diet Coke since last Sunday – miracle!!! Drinking around 120-140 oz of water each day and peeing ALL day. Overall, I’m feeling pretty good.

Saturday was a supermarket shop with my nutritionist/life coach. I knew a lot of things, but it was interesting to listen. Of course, all she supports is organic, no chemicals, etc. . . I totally support that as well. Unfortunately, my budget will not support that. I will still focus on the outside of the grocery store with produce, meats, etc. . . and stay away from as much processed foods as possible, but that’s the best I can do and it will be fine. Izzy went to the groomer (thank goodness). Poor thing was looking a bit shaggy. Cyrus had physical therapy than we grabbed some lunch at First Watch. I had a yummy protein pesto bowl (quinoa, chicken, pesto, spinach, etc. . .) It was really good. In the evening, I met a dear friend for dinner at a place called Bantam & Biddy. I had the rotisserie chicken that their known for and made decent selections on my sides. A bit of a splurge, but still an overall good day with my food choices.

Sunday was church, lunch out with Cyrus than a small grocery run for Cyrus stuff. We got home and played a few boards games like Sorry and Big Pay Day, which he kicked my butt!! Sunday evening I spent the evening with my guy friend Greg. I’m really enjoying getting to know him and hopefully we’ll just keep building what we have so far. It’s heading in the right direction.

Work today has been good. A few meetings, but that’s about it. Tonight Cyrus has football and we’ve got a parents meeting on safety. Oh boy. I think we’ve already had one boy get a concussion so I think this is the “extra” liability meeting.

@Morgori – I think I need to make EVERY DAY a financial awareness day. Definitely something I’m trying to tackle on top of my clean eating. So important.

@lauriek – Thanks for the MS advice. As a teacher, I know you’ve seen it for years and different scenarios from different kids. He’s getting his footing. I just have to be careful not to overwhelm him because that’s when the anxiety kicks in due to his ADD. So far a decent start to 8th grade. Regarding you dad, my mom is actually working part-time for a home health agency. She does exactly that. She will sit with an elderly person just for company or to give the family a break. She’ll help get their meals, ready for bed, etc. . . I worked for the AARP years ago and learned in the year 2020 we’ll have more elderly than any other age group due to the baby boomers. Many of us will be going through exactly what you’re dealing with now. I know being a caregiver can be very draining and you need to find that balance for sure. Good luck on the house hunting again! I know it can be a very exciting, but also a draining experience. Keep us posted!!

@cblue315 – Thank you for your Sunday Share. I’m so glad you joined us on this thread because you’ve brought so much encouragement. Even with your life ups and downs (which will always be there) you’ve pushed through and stayed focus on your healthy lifestyle. You’re such an inspiration to me and your one sentence definitely resonates with me “Weight loss is a mind game.” This is so true for me and to quit making excuses!!! I’m so proud of you and 25ish pounds to goal – YOU ROCK!!!!!!

@kah68 – You know I’m enjoying your journey through FB, but loved, loved, loved seeing the pictures again. Simply breathe taking. Vacation well deserved!!!

@RobinsEgg – Woo Hoo!!! Congrats on the pending job. I know you’ve been wanting to find something to help out and this sounds like a nice fit. As I mentioned to Laurie above, my mom works for a home health agency and really enjoys the people she has been working with. Unfortunately, many of hers are quite a bit older. I think they have all passed away so she gets a new person quite every 6 months or so. She really enjoys spending time with them. I know you’ll keep us posted, but praying everything comes through smoothly with the state.

@tlh0407 – Thanks for the support! I’m trying to give Cyrus a “little” leeway, but I don’t know how much he’s trying to take advantage too. It’s such a slippery slope you have to be so careful. I’m really thankful because overall he really is a good kid. I just need to keep him on the right track. I can feel your pain. I did something to my neck about a week ago and could barely turn my head. It’s so darn sensitive. Hope you get feeling better. Also, awesome cake for Emma and sweet pictures of the girlies!! I remember when you started posting your first creations. You’ve really done so well and I’m very impressed!!

@skinnyjeanzbound – It’s funny you mentioned trying to be a BFF. My friend Greg told me the exact same thing. He said I need to make sure Cyrus knows I’m Mom and NOT his friend. I’ve mentioned that to him numerous times this weekend. We had a really good heart to heart on Saturday night and I told him the way he’s speaking to me at times is disrespectful and it will stop. So far so good. Good luck on Wednesday!! I know the beginning is always tough getting everyone back into the swing of things, but it will definitely be good to be back in a routine. I’m sorry if I missed it, but has your hubby found work yet? It looks like you guys had a fun weekend, which is so important to laugh.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Monday check-in: the scale hit 356 today, that's 95 pounds down from my highest weight. I figure when I hit 100 I'll bring donuts in for my co-workers, if I make them fatter it'll make me look even skinnier. (Insert evil chuckle).

Kah68 - those pictures look awesome. My wife announced to me recently that we are going to take an Alaskan cruise next year, I had no idea.

Thanks for the welcome back!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    @kah68 - Those pictures are amazing. Thanks so much for sharing. (going to bed to cry now)
    @tlh0407 - Once again amazing cake and amazing picture of the girls.
    @skinnyjeanzbound - You did have a productive summer. Back to reality now. I wish you an amazing year. How is hubby's work situation?
    @Morgori - That vacation quote is a keeper.
    @Susan2396 - My first career was as a diet technician, I used to do "Super Market Tours". I loved that. But that was back in the days when we told everyone eggs were bad and margarine was good. Nutrition is so very important. Good for you on making your own decisions.
    @Bigaug - Woot on the 95 pounds!

AFM - The largest work deadline was moved from this Saturday to next Saturday. So a big sigh of relief there. Work is still a bit stressful. Things are still a bit strained with sister. Hopefully she will open up soon.
    Hubby is working some overtime. Things are still strained there.
    Oldest son is losing his ride home from work at 2AM. So we will have to figure out something. As of now he has no chance of getting his license back for at least 6 months.
    Put some great miles on the bike this weekend. Enjoyed every minute. There is one more race I can do this season, at the end of October. A Duathlon, 2 mile run, 20 mile bike, 2 mile run.
    I have a counseling session on Friday and am a bit aprehensive. Getting through tough stuff these days. I will be better for doing the work.

Thanks for listening.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3

“You can motivate by fear, and you can motivate by reward. But both those methods are only temporary. The only lasting thing is self motivation.” ~ Homer Rice

• skinnyjeanzbound
    @susan and lori-- Yes, my DH is working for a company that manufactures sunglasses. It's a small American company that merged last year with a larger European manufacturer. They just opened the production center here in chicagoland at the start of 2015. He's been working there through a temp agency for the past month now and hears they usually take workers on permanently after 90 days. He really likes it there--the people are great and once he's working for them directly he hears there are great benefits. We have no doubt they will hire him after his temp contract is fulfilled because they seem to really like him as well.

@aug--awesome that you are nearing 100 lbs lost! The fittest member of our English department is often the one who brings the donuts; we all joke she's trying to keep us fat, so she looks that much better. ;)

@susan-- I don't know if you saw the plans to do the Chicago Shamrock Shuffle on March 20th. It would be awesome if you could join us.

AFM-- I forgot to update my exercise goals earlier. Since it's already Monday evening, I will also post new Tuesday goals.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. take car in to dealer to fix molding
    2. renew drivers license
    3. check on teaching certificate on ISBE website
    4. clean fish tank
    5. move textbooks into classroom for speech class
    6. go through documents for speech class
    7. read first few chapters of text for speech class

August Goals:

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 2014 8k = 56:49, NYE 2014 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Fri--walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Sat--walk gunner

• Morgori
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Serendipity Day!

August 18: Serendipity Day
    Serendipity is the term for a “happy accident” or a “pleasant surprise.” Thus, Serendipity Day encourages people to look for and notice those unexpected good things that are always out there, if we have the eyes to see them. In fact, the creators of this holiday believe that serendipity is no accident at all, but an attitude or a lifestyle in which you are always reaching for those unexpected things and expecting happy surprises to occur.

“When Peter saw this, he said to them: ‘Fellow Israelites, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk?'” Acts 3:12

I know I got excited by etymologies just a few days ago (see Chauvin Day), but bear with me again. I learned something new and I found it fascinating!

The word serendipity was coined in the mid 1700s by a man named Horace Walpole. In a letter to a friend, he explained how he had created the term from a Persian fairy tale known in English as The Three Princes of Serendip. The story tells of three princes who were banished from the kingdom of Serendip (another term for Sri Lanka) in order to prove their worth. As they wander the world, “serendipitous” moments occur to them time after time, in a rather unbelievable amount, much like some children’s stories, where they just happen to run across the perfect place or the clue to solve the mystery, or old, corny superhero movies, where they just happen to have the antidote lying around.

In other words, it seems like Walpole first created the word serendipity as some mild ridicule of these “happy accidents” and now the term is a favorite inspirational line everywhere: “seek serendipity!”

I love how language changes. :)

Can anything be so elegant as to have few wants, and to serve them one’s self? ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

11857432.png

Tom
  • susan2396
    Boy, I picked a good time to reconnect. The thread has been super quiet. I guess with school starting everyone is trying to find that balance. Another day complete. Overall, it was a good day minus a couple of bites of Cookies & Cream ice cream. Plus, I didn't get to work out. I was dressed for it and took Cyrus to football practice, but everyone was hanging out. Sure enough within 15 minutes they cancelled due to the upcoming storm and did it ever. We went home and didn't go back out. I finished laundry, which needed done and actually relaxed a bit. Imagine that? We're expecting storms again tonight, but the boys will probably work out in the weight room. I've got to squeeze in my class. My body needs it.

@cblue315 - I'm glad things got pushed back a week. I'm sure that will help. I was wondering how the sessions were going with your DH and how your son was getting along. I know things are not where they need to be, but keep try and that's all you can do. 2 a.m. pick up is tough. Is there anyone else he could bum a ride from? Even if it's out of their way offer to pay gas or something.

@skinnyjeanzbound - I was reading a few past post about the Shamrock Shuffle. I'll check the calendar, but it sounds doable. You know I love Chicago so not a whole lot of arm twisting needed. Keeping my fingers crossed for your hubby. I'm sure it's pretty different being out of the auto industry, but if he likes it definitely hope it generates a full-time offer.

@Bigaug - Donuts are a trigger food for me. The chocolate covered with the white cream not Bavarian - total downfall!!! You're evil, but you're almost 100 lbs down of evil - keep pushing hard!!!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    @morgori and @bigaug Welcome back. You've been missed.
    @Robin It's always good when you pop in.
    @Susan Welcome back to you, too. I love your reports and your willingness to just dust yourself and off and keep going.
    @Karen School has started for the teachers here. The kids don't start until Monday. I'll be glad when that happens. Having both of the kids is a challenge. Anya is not longer just the cute baby sister. She is a little girl with opinions of her own, and that doesn't always sit well with big brother.
    @Kelley loved the pictures of Alaska. I've never really wanted to visit there, but it is certainly breathtakingly beautiful.
    @Lori Congratulations on your success thus far. Thanks for the share on Sunday. I needed that reminder. This really is a mind game.
    @tlh Love the cake and those cute little girls who got to eat it.

AFM As I mentioned to Karen, school has started for the teachers and I am getting back into babysitting mode. Fortunately, I have a wonderful neighbor who has very sweetly agreed to be my backup for medical appointments. The medical drama continues. We saw the dr. today for the results of the MRI. There are significant changes in DH's brain. In the middle of the brain where all of the 'wiring' comes together, there are many little spots that indicate small strokes, probably caused from tiny blood clots being generated by the afib. They are not a smoking gun for the fall. The dr said that it may or may not have accelerated the problem. I think that it did, because he became so much worse so suddenly, but that will all have to play out. We will see a neurologist soon, and he is going to have physical therapy. I kind of feel like I have been kicked in the stomach today, because whether or not the fall aggravated the situation, it is an on-going problem that will only get worse.
    I am surely relating to Laurie and GOIN with their health concerns for their loved ones. I just don't know what will happen next or how long we have together.
    I have been doing well with the daily exercise goal, although because of the dr. appointment this morning and the heat and heavy smoke in the air this evening, I wasn't able to get a walk today. I still struggle with the water. I have 20# to lose to reach my 100# goal. I am going to give this some all out effort until I get them off! For starters, I am not making any more cookies. I'm going to find some that I can buy that I'm not crazy about for the kids and just not bake them. I can't leave them alone!
    We are enjoying a wonderful crop of sweet cucumbers this year and tomatoes are coming on so there is plenty of good stuff to eat.
    Even though I don't report often, I do read everyday, at least once a day.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @susan-- I also didn't make it to the gym as planned due to weather. I was going to go and then mow the lawn afterward. Then the sky started darkening so I mowed first. Once I was all covered in sweat and grass, I didn't want to go to the gym that way--too itchy for a good workout. I hope you can make it in March.

@tom-- I also love how language changes! I never knew that about "serendipity"--thanks for sharing.

AFM--I had a busy day getting my car into the shop and then going to renew my license. Glad to have gotten that out of the way. Afterwards, I went to buy a new water bottle for the school year--my old one broke. Finally, I ot the lawn mowed before the skies opened up this evening.

First teacher institute day tomorrow. No students, just a lot of meetings. Oy.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. take car in to dealer to fix molding DONE
    2. renew drivers license DONE
    3. check on teaching certificate on ISBE website DONE
    4. clean fish tank
    5. move textbooks into classroom for speech class
    6. go through documents for speech class STARTED
    7. read first few chapters of text for speech class

August Goals:

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym or run outside NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Fri--walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Sat--walk gunner

• Morgori
    edited August 2015
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Hot and Spicy Food Day

August 19th is National Hot and Spicy Food Day
    cpmkx3n55nu7.jpg

Your favorite chicken wing shop may rate its spiciness in clever terms ranging from "mild," to "hot," to "suicide hot," but did you know that there actually is the semi-scientific Scoville scale for measuring spicy hotness? This scale rates the amount of capsaicin, an ingredient in chili peppers that creates that burning sensation. CDK has 1,200 recipes with the word "spicy" in the title. Test your resolve today, National Hot and Spicy Food Day!

Hot and Spicy Food Day

13 Sizzlin’ Recipes for National Hot and Spicy Food Day

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel

11857432.png

Tom
  • susan2396
    It feels good to be back. I'm not saying I've been perfect every day because I haven't, but that's reality. I have been learning with each slide down I start to climb back out. The downward spiral is getting smaller and smaller each time. I'm on my second week without Diet Coke - a miracle. Trying to replace it with water, but still have to get in the caffeine through tea whether hot or cold. So far so good. My class kicked my butt last night, but felt really good to sweat it out and feel the muscles burn. I just wish the weather would cooperate. This week has been some super heavy storms so even getting out has been challenge.

@grandmakaye - Thanks for the warm welcome back. I'm dusting myself off again, but each time I keep learning more and more. You and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers for his healing.

@skinnyjeanz - Hope the teacher meetings went well. I know they can make for a long day.