What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    My belly when I lay down isn't as floppy as it was when I started 15 lbs ago!
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    larryc0923 wrote: »
    Ran 5k for the first time in 37 minutes.
    Congratulations! Way to get out there and "Just do it!"

Thanks. It really is mind over matter. Feel like anything is possible now!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    I had some stressfull weeks.
    Despite the stress I managed to stay just within my calorie goals and every time the stress got to me I opted for a long and/or fast bike ride, walk or additional yoga session instead of heading to the chocolate or other foods as I would have done before this journey.

Only now I am starting to realise what a major win this is for me and my health. I have started to combat stress with excersise! I am actually pretty proud of myself.

This is amazing - yay, you! And - for me at least - exercise works *better* as a stress-buster. Afterward, I feel *better*, whereas after stress eating I just feel full and still pretty stressed.
  • billdo68
    billdo68 Posts: 6 Member
    I was going through my closet today and decided to try on a winter jacket that is 2 sizes smaller than my jacket from last year. It was a little tight but it zipped. I am so pumped to wear it in a few months. I haven't been able to wear it in 5 years. My mother in law saw me for the first time since May and she commented on how much weight I had lost.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Was at lake at 6:15 this morning. NO ONE there. Had entire lake to myself. Swam out to the 750m marker and noticed two large swans heading my direction from across the island .... they were trying to cross my path and then stopped and decided to swim about a meter away from me. For about 50m we swam together. Just the three of us. The sun was cracking over the tree line, lighting the water rippling from each stroke I did. This entire scene lit right up with a morning golden glow. Just a really beautiful and majestic moment that was brought to me by having a lifestyle upgrade of focusing on weight management and fitness.

Wow! A beautiful moment that you would have missed in your old life.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    I have been having the same NSV for a few weeks now. Every time I look in the mirror I can't believe how different my face looks thin. It's just strange. But good strange. I have lost 47 lbs. Been maintaining for 5 1/2 months now.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    I have started the 30 day shred again. I have completed 2 days. Not much, but in the past I would quit after day 1. I will post again about shred after I complete day 30:)
  • cbenno97
    cbenno97 Posts: 130 Member
    I have started the 30 day shred again. I have completed 2 days. Not much, but in the past I would quit after day 1. I will post again about shred after I complete day 30:)
    Good job :-) Keep it up!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    I fell waaaay off the wagon, and I got back on 2 days later.
  • smerdonc
    smerdonc Posts: 33 Member
    markja wrote: »
    Hello to All:

I did something night before last that I have not in over 15 years. All the way back to last century!

I bought a new pair of jeans and did not spend $3 more than anyone else. Why?

Because I bought size 42 jeans and they are not considered part of the extended sizes! I actually bought a (nearly) normal sized pair of pants. I'm still in a 2XL shirt but, making plenty of progress.

h9k9fa9hzuck.jpg

5y7uxmgiuui6.jpg

Fantastic!
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    My body fat % is finally in the single digits as of Friday!! I started 2.5 years ago at 272 and god knows what body fat %. I'm now 182. Feels so good!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    I'm sick right now so haven't been exercising for a few days now but I keep noticing my stomach looks smaller.

In a few days my streak will be 1,000.

There's ice cream in the house and I haven't had some in a few days

I worn shorts yesterday that have been a tad big on me. I was laying down in them and when I got up they were kind of folding over at the waist near my actual belly button. Hoping my clothes just actually fall off me soon. I can still fit in my starting weight pants :/ baggy at times but I just want to be done with them all.

I went to Forever21 a few weeks ago. Heard how in their shorts that you should go a size up for a better fit... but the 18s fit me fine and I was wearing 22/24 sizes elsewhere. Sizes are so weird. Like ive also heard a 22uk is 16us but how come im not a 16 here then?? Actually do own a uk pair of pants. Sorry for a bit of randomness

• CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    There is a big slab of black forest cake in the fridge since a week now. But I don't feel like eating it! This would have been unthinkable a few months back. It would not have survived a whole day even :)
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    lseed87 wrote: »

I went to Forever21 a few weeks ago. Heard how in their shorts that you should go a size up for a better fit... but the 18s fit me fine and I was wearing 22/24 sizes elsewhere. Sizes are so weird. Like ive also heard a 22uk is 16us but how come im not a 16 here then?? Actually do own a uk pair of pants. Sorry for a bit of randomness

UK equivalent sizes are 2 sizes 'higher' i.e. a US 18 is a UK 22. :) However, sizes can vary wildly between companies and also between styles within a company. It's a nightmare... :)
  • louiseyates1
    louiseyates1 Posts: 108 Member
    I refused to finish my plate of food because I was full and didn't feel that finishing my plate was necessary. (We was always punished for not finishing our plate and made to sit until we had finished even if it was 10pm! It stuck with me being an adult)
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Last night I was able to run a ten minutes without stopping to walk with an average pace of 5.38 kmh. When I first began running I couldn't even run a minute :)
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    A couple of NSVs for me this week - as of yesterday, I'm out of the 'Obese' BMI category for the first time in a very long time. 15lb down in total, and it was a major milestone I was hoping to get to by the end of this month. Hit with weeks to spare! I'm now officially 'overweight'!!! ;) Still a long way to go, but I'm now well over a quarter of the way down to my goal weight.

Me too! Congrats, it feels great.
  • dstock80
    dstock80 Posts: 81 Member
    Had to buy some new shorts at the beginning of the summer as I'd eaten my way out of all the ones I owned already. I vowed to myself that I'd never, EVER, buy new clothes because I'd gotten too fat for my old ones again. Over the weekend, I noticed I was pulling up the fat shorts every third step I took because they were falling down on me. I'm planning on burning the fat shorts over Labor Day Weekend since I'm never going to need them again!
  • MoonCatKDT
    MoonCatKDT Posts: 33 Member
    I ran my first 5K yesterday!! It was a fun run, so not timed or anything but I'm so proud of the fact that I did this when 5-6 months ago I'd have never, ever considered it!

11904685_984105531653451_989002969017966910_n_zpsraqqjg8a.jpg
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    dstock80 wrote: »
    Had to buy some new shorts at the beginning of the summer as I'd eaten my way out of all the ones I owned already. I vowed to myself that I'd never, EVER, buy new clothes because I'd gotten too fat for my old ones again. Over the weekend, I noticed I was pulling up the fat shorts every third step I took because they were falling down on me. I'm planning on burning the fat shorts over Labor Day Weekend since I'm never going to need them again!

Fat Clothes Bonfire!!!! I'm in!!!!

Yesterday morning I realized that my face shape is not "round". It's more. . . . square? Da *kitten*?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!