1 month anniversary...

Today is the 1 month mark and 5 pounds lighter!!!
I weighed myself this morning and it said I lost 1 more pound... You know I was happy!

Replies

• Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Today is the 1 month mark and 5 pounds lighter!!!
    I weighed myself this morning and it said I lost 1 more pound... You know I was happy!
  • hannah
    hannah Posts: 22 Member
    Awesome Job ! In the race to lose weight there is nothing better then to see the weight dropping off. :) Keep up the good work.
  • Skinnier_Me
    I have about 6 pounds left.. I cannot weight(get it?? ha-ha) to finally be done with this weight battle.

Thanks for the great support!

~Joanna
  • Way to go! Love your little joks:)
  • Skinnier_Me
    Thanks Kim!
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Congratulations!!! I have also been here about a month but have only lost 4 pounds. I lost those the first 10 days and haven't lost any since BUT ... this morning I found that I AM IN MY SKINN|Y JEANS!!!! So maybe all this exercise is good for something!
  • LadyZoe
    LadyZoe Posts: 36 Member
    Congratulations!!!!!
    OMG That's Fantastic News!
    ((((huge Hugs))))

~Christina
  • EHBRown28
    EHBRown28 Posts: 33 Member
    I started on 8/23 and I too have lost 5 pounds. It works when I track every bite. I can still "cheat" and eat the things I love, as long as I PLAN to cheat by eating lots of salad for lunch.

Tonight is Mexican night out with my girl friends. We're all Moms with very busy lives & we've been meeting since our 7th graders were in Kindergarten, so it will be HARD not to drink a margarita, or eat tons of chips and salsa, but I am committed. I will report back tomorrow - to keep me honest! :-)

EHBrown28
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Tomorrow is my one month anniversary, too. GOOD - no - GREAT job everyone ! I am 5 pounds down so far. As far as the occassional "Cheat" day: I read a post here somewhere from a woman who has lost 80 pounds, and has some more to go. One of the things she said is that you really have to give yourself permission to have a vacation or a fun night out, and don't beat yourself up, just go back to your foods the next day.

I just returned from Vegas where my friend and I went to FOUR buffets. One each day. OMG I highly recommend it ! We would stay for two hours and eat everything we wanted including several desserts each. We also had one big splurge restaurant meal. The rest of the time we ate snacks - bran muffins, low fat yogurt, fruit, ...oh, gelato once.

Amazingly I came back two pounds lighter. But in Vegas you can walk and walk, and we did. We only took a cab once, in deferrence to high heels and hairspray.

So in conclusion, what you eat in Vegas - apparently STAYS in Vegas. =)
  • Skinnier_Me
    Thanks ladies... I just adore all the support and motivation.

Oh wow EHBRown28!

I sure hope I can be friends with other moms for that long.
    I still have a long way(oldest just started 2nd grade) but I can't wait.

I agree with cm... I have a "cheat" day... well, not a whole day... but I just eat what I've been craving for the most and that'll be that. You go for it EHBRown28. Don't deprive yourself of the yummies!!

Have a margarita for me please!!! =)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Okay, Skinnier_You !

Will you still check in with us even when you reach your goal? I love reading all your posts. It won't be MFP if you leave....you said you are moving. Just across town, or away from the snow? >>wink<<

~Cheryl