PB2 or Peanut Butter???

A guy at work was telling me about PB2, have you ever tried it? Peanut butter helps me scarf down my protein shakes but it is high in calories and carbs. Does it taste pretty similar, if so what do you mix it with?

Replies

• misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    I mix it with oatmeal, vanilla yogurt, and use it in smoothies too. SO GOOD!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    It's not the same, especially when eaten alone, but it can work great as an addition to other foods and has good protein content. I enjoy it as a dip for apple slices.
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    After wanting to get it for YEARS, I finally picked some up. I love it.

I mix it with water and add to greek yogurt with some splenda to dip apples and celery. Now, I get a full cup of peanut-buttery spread/dip for 190 calories when a serving of regular peanut butter, by itself, is that much!

My boyfriend was making a face as I fed him some as a taste test. His face immediately went away and he was like, "OH. It tastes like peanut butter!" lol

I fully recommend it.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    I'd like to know too! And I know you can get it on amazon, but is it sold on any stores?
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    edited August 2015
    I like the chocolate PB2. I make peanut butter banana wraps sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon for breakfast.

I get it at Target, Publix, or Winn Dixie. However, only Target has the chocolate.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    I prefer PB2. It has the peanut flavour without the oily texture.

I use it in smoothies, oatmeal, peanut sauce, banana nice cream, chocolate chia pudding, as a dip, and sometimes I just mix it up and eat it with a spoon (especially the chocolate PB2)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    UrbanLotus wrote: »
    I'd like to know too! And I know you can get it on amazon, but is it sold on any stores?

Trader Joe's does. I bought peanut flour because I don't like my pb sweetened, but I wanted to try the powdered kind. I made a slammin peanut sauce last week and it was only 70 calories for a good amount!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    I like the chocolate PB2. I make peanut butter banana wraps sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon for breakfast.

I get it at Target, Publix, or Winn Dixie. However, only Target has the chocolate.

That sounds delicious, I know what I am having this weekend!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member

My Target store (sells grocery items) has both regular and chocolate flavors of PB2.
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member

I bought mine at Costco for $5 for a huge tub that will last me no less than a year!
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 518 Member
    I love to dose up my protein shakes with it. If I have calories at the end of the day (many days I do), and I need the protein (I can always use more protein), I'll put a scoop or two of protein, 2 tbsp of PB2, and 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds in and mix it up. YUM!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member

I'm starting to see it more often in stores. I see it at Target (chicago area at least) pretty often.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    I think it's great for adding to things, including protein shakes! It has a nice protein content on its own too. I also like dipping sliced apples in it. I wouldn't spread it on toast, though.
  • mewilliams11
    mewilliams11 Posts: 139 Member
    You can also buy it at walmart. They have both the PB2 & PB2 with chocolte.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    i was a staunch PB purest up until a couple months ago. Finally gave PB2 a try on my toasted english muffin, and i freaking love it. it's great. i can't believe how low calorie it is. i add it to protein shakes sometimes too. My fiancé and i go through it like it's going out of style, so i tend to buy it in bulk on amazon.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    I make a sauce out of chocolate PB2 and put it on my lowfat vanilla ice cream. Really yummy and only adds 45 calories.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    I really like PB2, but as a heads up- it will not be the same consistency as peanut butter. I usually use it as a dip for wheat thins or vegetables. You can usually find it at Walmart, Target, GNC or Vitamin shop.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited August 2015
    pondee629 wrote: »

Science babe > Food babe

food babe is a fear-mongering moron.

http://www.scibabe.com/miseducation-food-babe/
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    edited August 2015
    I eat PB2 all the time with apples. When I was losing weight I was trying to stick to 1200-1300 calories a day; peanut butter is calorie dense and I thought I would try the substitution to make my budget easier to work with. Honestly, I think it tastes pretty good. Is it as good as the real stuff though? Hell no.

ETA: You can order it from Amazon in giant packages and save quite a bit over what the grocery store charges.