How often do you check your new weight in

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    currently_ in the end of each month like the last 2 days i'll weigh myself a few times
    and dont repeat until the end of the next month
  • enkiemonkey
    enkiemonkey Posts: 82 Member
    I weigh daily. But try to look at the trend line to see a general downward slope.

My BF said something really changed my thinking. He said this is about building a sustainable healthy way to live. And half of the battle in the beginning as I'm trying to lose weight is managing hunger. So as long as I hit my daily goal I try not to be too obsessed with absolute numbers. :). Hope this helps.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    I weigh everyday but only log my new lows. I also just enter in whole numbers. Today it was 207.7. I enter it in as 207. If it fluctuates and goes up tomorrow I don't do anything. I just simply wait for it to go to 206. I'm losing 2 pounds a week so it goes down every 3-4 days. I've been doing it this way for almost five months and it's been very consistent so far.
  • Cymricdragon
    Cymricdragon Posts: 13 Member
    I weigh every morning before I get dressed. I usually log it once a week. But if I've hit a new low for a couple of days I can't resist logging it. It does tend to motivate me to up my activity for the day.
  • Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    I weigh everyday but only log my new lows. I also just enter in whole numbers. Today it was 207.7. I enter it in as 207. If it fluctuates and goes up tomorrow I don't do anything. I just simply wait for it to go to 206. I'm losing 2 pounds a week so it goes down every 3-4 days. I've been doing it this way for almost five months and it's been very consistent so far.

Exactly how I do it. Makes the plateaus really look like plateaus on the chart. :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Once a week. If it's water moving me in either direction, it'll show itself over the month.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    I weigh once a week, and log once a week, whatever happens. Then when I look back I can normally attribute the highs with times I binged, and the lows with times I was good. It's helping me to work out how long it takes for a binge to show on my figures, it normally shows up a week after the fact.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    I weigh and log weekly.

I guess at minimum you should log when you lose is it 5 or 10 pounds when it recalcs your calories?
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    My weight loss lately has been super slow since I am losing the last few pounds. A loss of 1/2 a pound is a big deal. I log every few days to watch the fluctuations.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    I weigh every day and log it whenever it goes down.
  • turboscrub
    turboscrub Posts: 32 Member
    I tend to weigh nearly every day, simply out of curiosity. But I only log about once/twice a week, under the same conditions every time.
  • yogeshvaraom
    yogeshvaraom Posts: 45 Member
    Wow, I wa surprised to learn of all this witholding of logging. I weigh everyday sometimes a few times if I think the reading might go down for some reason. I like recording my low weight for the day. When i reach a new low weight part of my celebration is logging it. It is real even when i havent seen it for days and days. Since I have been consistent with my dieting my weight is only going to go down long term and when it spikes from my body holding onto stuff I know in a few days I will see a new new low weight. The spikes and plateaus Are really interesting to me though sometimes they are emotionally draining. Dieting is one of the few things in life where if you just stick with it you will get the outcome you desire. How cool is that?
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    I weigh daily, but log once a week unless it has stayed the same. I used to just weigh weekly and log that, so have continued with the same day for updating MFP.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    i weigh and log once a month
  • alch1821
    alch1821 Posts: 4 Member
    I've been logging since January and have logged weight each day. This is the first time in my life I have achieved my long term weigh loss goal and I believe this has been a big reason. There is nothing more frustrating when you see no progress on a weekly weigh-in day, and it may just be the day you gained some water weight. .When I started to understand those fluctuations and their trends, it kept my focus in the right place. Good luck!
  • starling01
    starling01 Posts: 81 Member
    I weigh and log every day no matter what the weight is. I find it reassuring to look back. When I despair of ever getting out of the 130's, I can see how long it took me to get out of the 180's and remember I felt the same way, but here I am.
  • I weigh every day but only log it when it goes down.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Daily, but still less often than these posts show up.
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    I weigh every morning, and I have a fitbit Aria scale so it logs automatically. It also goes to trendweight, which is the best thing ever.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    I weigh myself once a week and log the average at the end of the month.