What do you struggle to eat?

Replies

• Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Though it's gotten easier, I struggle to meet my protein goal without relying on a supplement. I'm a much bigger fan of carbs and fats, so I've had to change up my portion proportions a bit.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    use to be eating enough greens/veggies everyday. i still cannot eat enough of them so i bought a nutra blender and now end up throwing like 75% of them into the blender, add some unsweeten vanilla almond milk, pineapple juice, frozen banana chips and some hemp hearts and drink my daily veggies plus some of my other daily needs..it isactually a decent late day meal really.
  • rebijord
    rebijord Posts: 13 Member
    I went from 3 20 ounce pepsis, chocolate, chips and pastry diet to oatmeal with unsweetened peanut butter breakfast; artichoke/asparagus/beans/beets/bitter greens/cabbage/mushroom/onnions/peppers/a sprinkle of peanuts and sesame seeds; and a beef/salmon or turkey burger w mayo and blue cheese for dinner. 17 days into this I had a chef's sald with bacon, cheese and egg. I prefered my vegan one. Your tastes change over time. Also about 24 days in I stopped eating as much because I was no longer...hungry or obsessed with jawing food. Dr Fuhrman would say that I was nourished enough from all the vegetables that my toxic hunger went away. Additionally at some point we need to WO-man up and do things for our body such as eat for life and not for taste.
    I love this!! Very inspiring, very true, very real. Keep at it!

• rebijord
    use to be eating enough greens/veggies everyday. i still cannot eat enough of them so i bought a nutra blender and now end up throwing like 75% of them into the blender, add some unsweeten vanilla almond milk, pineapple juice, frozen banana chips and some hemp hearts and drink my daily veggies plus some of my other daily needs..it isactually a decent late day meal really.
    This is such a good idea! I need to start doing this!

• rebijord
    Mezzie1024 wrote: »
    Though it's gotten easier, I struggle to meet my protein goal without relying on a supplement. I'm a much bigger fan of carbs and fats, so I've had to change up my portion proportions a bit.
    I have the same problem! Carbs and sugars are my weaknesses :( I've found it easier to portion out everything by using these 21 Day Fix containers. It's easier for me than counting calories since I naturally suck at math.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    rebijord wrote: »
    I have the same problem! Carbs and sugars are my weaknesses :( I've found it easier to portion out everything by using these 21 Day Fix containers. It's easier for me than counting calories since I naturally suck at math.

I'm baffled that that makes you prefer 21 day fix, as you would have to count the containers, while MFP does the math for you.
  • rebjessja
    rebjessja Posts: 15 Member

I'm baffled that that makes you prefer 21 day fix, as you would have to count the containers, while MFP does the math for you.

I LOVE the 21 Day Fix! I feel it's a much more accurate depiction of what I should be eating rather than counting calories. Plus, it teaches me how to "eyeball" my portions when I'm not home. MFP is great for accountability and support. :smiley:
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    I don't eat enough fruit and veggies cuz I'm picky and only like specific ones. I naturally just don't seem to eat them. I don't like peanuts but I like peanut butter. I don't like bananas unless they are a specific texture. I don't eat romaine lettuce in salads..I have to have lettuce instead cuz I don't like the taste of the dark leaves. I think they taste too bitter.
  • BIGChrisCB
    BIGChrisCB Posts: 6 Member
    Anything green I'm like a little kid, fruits are okay but veggies are my biggest struggle. I've just had to find healthy recipes for them that I enjoy but ultimately Onions and mushrooms can go *kitten* themselves
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    I don't like cooked leafy greens. I love them raw or in smoothies, but I just can't get past the texture of them cooked. Makes me gag.

I struggle with protein, too. I don't eat much meat, and even with daily servings of greek yogurt, kefir, beans, peas, and a protein shake, I'm still usually 40-60 grams under. I just accept it and move on. I feel fine, so I figure that I am fine.
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Vegetables, especially if they are boiled but with salad I could eat the whole bowl :smile:
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    I bought blue cheese to try crumbled in my salads. It smells like baby spitup and doesn't taste much better I wouldn't think.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Light beer -- I was served one yesterday by mistake.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Iron level seems to be a difficult one for me to hit regardless of all those lovely dark leafy green vegetables I eat. I get turned away from giving blood quite frequently because I'm usually a point or two below the recommended.

Chia seed puddings are a thing I struggle to eat. These food bloggers make them sound so tasty but to me it's like eating frog spawn.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2015
    rebjessja wrote: »

I LOVE the 21 Day Fix! I feel it's a much more accurate depiction of what I should be eating rather than counting calories. Plus, it teaches me how to "eyeball" my portions when I'm not home. MFP is great for accountability and support. :smiley:

I think it's interesting and I don't have anything against 21 day fix per se, just think of it as unnecessary (restricting, and extra dishwashing). Lots of us are visual, but we prefer slightly different methods. I like to use a spreadsheet and putting color coded foods into virtual boxes. Saves dishes :p
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Fibre - I changed my diet to incorporate more fat and protein, but as a result now struggle to eat as many vegetables as I used to. I don't often eat fruit at all now and it used to make up at least 60% of my diet. I make a point of incorporating fibre rich foods, but still rarely hit my MFP target.
    That said though, it hasn't caused me any problems so far.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    Protein for me as well. I'm allergic to eggs so I can't have them often and I don't like meat unless it's attached to a day's worth of fat and carbs. I tolerate chicken and fish, but "tolerate" is the keyword. Not somethig I would enjoy having often. I like beans and dairy but they would need to make 100% of my diet to hit anywhere close to my preferred protein goal. Solution: I don't sweat it. I eat protein when I can and don't when I can't. Losing weight is more important than fussing and stressing over grams of of protein.

On the flip side, my diet is very rich in fiber, leafy greens, various grains and grain products, various fruits, and all kinds of vegetables cooked and raw (plus lots and lots of tomatoes).
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    sugars from any source particularly in more liquid forms ( smoothies/ fruit juices etc ) cos medical condition

other than that i try and eat a varied diet, i like my meat and veg dinners, love my salads and have a weak spot for pasta dishes i just make sure to properly portion my pasta, yes it can be a little sad looking on the plate but ill deal
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    I struggle to get in fruit, some days I don't eat any. Since it doesn't fill me up I would rather spend those calories on something else, like laughing cow cheese, or a few nuts.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    The only struggle I have with food is not to eat it.

I don't love veggies and would rather eat something else most of the time, but I like not being hungry all the time more.