jlf82289
jlf82289 Posts: 3 Member
2 days without a cigarette ..Felt awesome when I woke up this morning :D

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Wow that is awesome. I will cross my fingers for you. I quit august 23rd of last year and I am so glad I could finally do it.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    keep it up!
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Really.......great job! I'm sort of battling the same thing so I completely understand the struggle. Keep it up!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited August 2015
    Best of luck and continued success. I haven't smoked in 10 years, but I still want one all the time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Keep it up. I wished I never would have smoked. I quit over 10 years ago cold turkey and never looked back.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• spunkydawn9
    spunkydawn9 Posts: 8 Member
    Keep up the good work! I quit 9 years ago and it was the best thing I've done for myself.
  • jlf82289
    jlf82289 Posts: 3 Member
    Thx and I will ..just have alil trouble after I eat I want 1 but jus go running or something to get my mind off of it . B)
  • jenmckane86
    jenmckane86 Posts: 50 Member
    Good job! I quit 2 years ago, cold turkey. Chewing regular gum right after eating helped me a lot.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Giving up cigs is HARD! Congrats on your streak! I had to give up beer for a while for me to finally quit for good. Those two went hand in hand for me. But, after many, many attempts at quitting, I'm now smoke free for over 10 years.
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Yeah!!!! Keep at it. I need to make this my next goal in life B)
  • cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Wow so proud of you! If you have any urges Try some flavored chew sticks! ( I think you can get them at gnc)
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Check out whyquit.com it helped me so much when I quit 7 years ago.
  • emiliebecause
    emiliebecause Posts: 63 Member
    Awesome!! I broke free from nicotine this past January. I consider it a big huge win. :) It's like a gift that keeps on giving. And running has been the BEST help--feeling my lungs take in oxygen and real honest-to-goodness deep breaths while I run is the ultimate motivator and it satisfies part of the physical urge as well. Instead of thinking of life without smoking as a loss or deprivation, it has helped me to think if it as something I am giving myself.

I found it very discouraging when people said things like "20 years in and I STILL want a smoke all the time". It is not the same ever as when you first stop. The urges lessen consistently over time and although it might be a thought, it is never ever as bad as it is at the beginning.
  • emiliebecause
    emiliebecause Posts: 63 Member
    Check out whyquit.com it helped me so much when I quit 7 years ago.
    I found this site helpful as well. They are pretty hardcore about the cold turkey thing but it sure was helpful nonetheless.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    now that I can only imagine how hard it most be! I know many people who try and try to quit and never happens, since I have never smoke don't really understand the struggle, so for that my friend HI5! O/ you= awesome :#
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!