PB2 or Peanut Butter???

Replies

• seraphicdoctor
    seraphicdoctor Posts: 20 Member
    I like the chocolate PB2. I make peanut butter banana wraps sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon for breakfast.

I get it at Target, Publix, or Winn Dixie. However, only Target has the chocolate.
    I like the chocolate too. It's not exactly peanut butter but it tastes similar and it is as tasty as peanut butter.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I loveeeeeee PB2. I just make it from water and eat it like that. It tastes really good to me.
  • dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    edited August 2015
    It tastes pretty much like peanut butter. I put it in my oatmeal along with vanilla pea protein powder, fresh or thawed frozen fruit, and cinnamon. The PB2 and fruit mask the protein powder, LOL.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited August 2015
    Adams Peanut Butter

Less carbs than Protein

One ingredient: Peanuts!

Anything else, in my opinion, is crap. Most "peanut butters" are made with vegetable/palm oil.

PB2 is primarily used by the people who think fat is bad but want more peanut butter. To each their own, I guess.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    I loveeeeeee PB2. I just make it from water and eat it like that. It tastes really good to me.

That's the point.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Thanks all, I didn't realize it was so readily available! I miss making peanut sauce for chicken or noodles so this will be great :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Adams Peanut Butter

Less carbs than Protein

Anything else, in my opinion, is crap. Most "peanut butters" are made with vegetable/palm oil.

PB2 is primarily used by the people who think fat is bad but want more peanut butter. To each their own, I guess.

Wrong
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I love it. I can't have peanut butter in my apartment because it makes me screw up my goals. I didn't have it around much when I was fat either because I've always recognized that I am going to eat a tub of it in a few days.

I think the It's Just Great Stuff brand is a lot better than PB2. They're not even on the same page.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Heard the hype, bought some PB Fit, f'ing love it. Such a great alternative! Use it on toast a bit (mixed to package directions), but my favorite way is...

2 Tbs PB powder
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    pinch of salt (I use coarse black lava salt)

Put that in a ziplock or seal-able container.

Add in one large crisp cold apple cut into 12-16 slices (more moist surface area) and toss around for about a minute until the slices are dredged. Consume while smiling at how unbelievably good it is! Seriously, it's insane. No need for cinnamon if it's not your thing, but it is fabulous if you dig it.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Adams Peanut Butter

Less carbs than Protein

I dont think fat is bad, on the contrary my diet consists of mostly fat and protein. I was only seeking an alternative because the carbs were high and the cals set me over my limit. But im glad I tried it because its delicious!

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Azexas wrote: »
    I really like PB2, but as a heads up- it will not be the same consistency as peanut butter. I usually use it as a dip for wheat thins or vegetables. You can usually find it at Walmart, Target, GNC or Vitamin shop.

the consistency is entirely dependent on how much water you add. The way I make it, it has the same consistency as regular peanut butter. My fiancé, however, likes it a bit more watery. It's totally up to the mixer though.

How could it ever have the same consistency? One would be made with fat and that other with water. The same thickness, maybe, but water and oil do not have the same consistency.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member

I get it at Target, Publix, or Winn Dixie. However, only Target has the chocolate.

That's false, at least here in MD. they have both flavors. I also saw it at Giant Eagle. But I buy mine at GNC
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I tried PB2 for the first time today! I admit I don't have sophisticated palate for peanut butter so I could not tell the difference from actual peanut butter. I loved the stuff! I was able to spread a thick layer on my toast for 20 or so calories.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited August 2015
    I still use my evil creamy Jif for peanut butter and jelly (or honey) sandwiches.

BUT, I use the PB2 and PB2 Chocolate for everything else. I was very wary to try it and resisted for a long time, but I love it now. My husband really loves it and uses it as a spread. (His favorite is spreading on low fat graham crackers and dunking in milk.) I love putting it in my protein shakes and oatmeal.
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    kvansteen wrote: »
    I eat real food.. Real peanut butter is better for you in my opinion.

We all "eat real food." And your opinion doesn't mean much when stated on its own.

PB2 is a nice little thing to add to keep calories down but have a healthy diet. That high-horse stuff you're doing is really not helpful at all.

I always wonder about people like you in the forums...
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    Adams Peanut Butter

Less carbs than Protein

I dont think fat is bad, on the contrary my diet consists of mostly fat and protein. I was only seeking an alternative because the carbs were high and the cals set me over my limit. But im glad I tried it because its delicious!

Yeah, also not true for me. I think fat is great. Gimme all the cheese, nuts and avocados you got!

People love to stereotype others though. How stupid to do it over something like people using a bit of PB2 to spend calories on something else.

It's good, it's versatile, it's earned a place in my pantry. The end.
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    PB2, PB Fit, etc... rock! Saved this peanut butter lover!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    itsMcKay wrote: »
    kvansteen wrote: »
    I eat real food.. Real peanut butter is better for you in my opinion.

We all "eat real food." And your opinion doesn't mean much when stated on its own.

PB2 is a nice little thing to add to keep calories down but have a healthy diet. That high-horse stuff you're doing is really not helpful at all.

I always wonder about people like you in the forums...

You tell em!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I am not a fan. I am sensitive to texture
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Adams Peanut Butter

Less carbs than Protein

OR perhaps some of us.....can't always spend the calories on real peanut butter.

You're a guy, you're young.....you get way more calories than me.