Intermittent fasting people??

Looking to add anyone who practices intermittent fasting, carb back loading and bulletproof coffee. Best of every world

Replies

• chasingthesun85
    chasingthesun85 Posts: 22 Member
    You can add me I'm doing intermittent fasting, and try to limit carbs on days I don't strength train. I've heard a lot about this bulletproof coffee. What is it exactly?
  • leahkite
    leahkite Posts: 47 Member
    Bulletproof coffee is just adding fat to your coffee. We do coconut oil in ours. Some people do ghee or unsalted butter. I also do a scoop of protein in mine, helps me get in my protein and not skip breakfast (which I tend to do!).
  • reisingmel
    reisingmel Posts: 50 Member
    I'm on day 2 of bulletproof fasting and so far so good! Just doing the BP coffee for breakfast and eating a brunch of fats and proteins at 2pm and a dinner of fats, protein, and some starch or veggie.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I'm in the gym 6 days a week and usually do more than one workout, so I can't fast, intermittent or otherwise. I don't backload carbs either. But good luck!
  • smslogan317
    smslogan317 Posts: 39 Member
    I do intermittent fasting, every 4-6 weeks, usually do not go more than 16 hours but I do say it works well for me.
  • natalief419
    natalief419 Posts: 1 Member
    I started the BP intermittent fasting and coffee with coconut oil and butter last week. My brain octane oil came Monday and I started using it yesterday. I am loving it! Add me, too!
  • tbtheg87
    tbtheg87 Posts: 5 Member
    On my off days from strength training , which tend to be Saturday and Sunday, I fast from about 6 Am to 3 or 4 ish and try to eat 0 carbs. I might have fibrous leafy greens, but other than that, no carbs. I'm not gonna say it'll work for you, but for me I shed the fat and get lean as hell.
  • Hi! I've been doing IF for about 14months now, I fast from 8pm to 12pm daily (16hours). Not a fan of bulletproof coffee but u have to do what works for u right? absolutely love IF though, has worked amazingly for me. FYI I also train 5-6 days per week heavy weight training plus some HIIT cardio, first thing in the morning during my fasting phase. Would never push anyone into it who doesn't want to, the first week was tough while my body adjusted, but i am converted :)
  • debsfran
    debsfran Posts: 97 Member
    Hi, I've tried IT 5:2 but never worked for me. Going to try 16/8 starting tomorrow, so would like fellow 16/8 friends to, so feel free to add. One question, (possibly a daft/naive one) I like the sound of BP fasting, I am fasting from 8pm to midday, if I have BP at 730am would that break my fast?
  • wazza3851
    wazza3851 Posts: 8 Member
    Debsjeav wrote: »
    Hi, I've tried IT 5:2 but never worked for me. Going to try 16/8 starting tomorrow, so would like fellow 16/8 friends to, so feel free to add. One question, (possibly a daft/naive one) I like the sound of BP fasting, I am fasting from 8pm to midday, if I have BP at 730am would that break my fast?

It doesn't break your fast, having the high fats keeps you in a state of ketosis so you will continue to burn fat. Mct oil will also help trigger your body to not feel hungry until you break the fast
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    I'm intermittent fasting daily - my fasts range from 16 hours to 24+ hours, as I have a changing schedule. I've been fasting since May and absolutely love it, it has been a total revelation.
    I don't worry about carbs though, and only occasionally have bulletproof coffee. I'm currently injured from a nasty fall so limited in what I can do, but normally I also work out fasted several times a week and lift heavy.

Always happy to have more fasting friends! :)
  • paulvmax
    paulvmax Posts: 19 Member
    I would suggest any one who is using bullet proof coffee to stop all the extra fat in the butter and oil in morning is not good for you. I done quite a bit research please see the following report I urge you to stop.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/bulletproof-coffee

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    I don't understand the point of BP coffee? Is it taste? Seems it would wreck your fast. Even if it does keep you on a fat burning level, its still calories?
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    I have been following the 16/8 as close as possible. Sometimes it's more like 14/10 or 18/6 depending on my schedule. Feel free to add me anyone ;)
  • debsfran
    debsfran Posts: 97 Member
    leahkite wrote: »
    Bulletproof coffee is just adding fat to your coffee. We do coconut oil in ours. Some people do ghee or unsalted butter. I also do a scoop of protein in mine, helps me get in my protein and not skip breakfast (which I tend to do!).

I think I read somewhere that protein powder should only be added to cold fluids (not sure why) does it curdle or make your coffee thick?