Challenge to Purple People Eaters

So we all know the little things add up, right? So my challenge is to make the most of the little things. Examples include-
Parking farther away from your destination and power walking in
Taking the stairs whenever possible
Do jumping jacks, sit ups push ups w/e during commercial breaks on TV
Pushing for one extra rep or one extra lap when exercising
At any store make a few laps around the entire thing before n after shopping.

Feel free to add on and remember WE CAN DO THIS

Replies

• So we all know the little things add up, right? So my challenge is to make the most of the little things. Examples include-
    Parking farther away from your destination and power walking in
    Taking the stairs whenever possible
    Do jumping jacks, sit ups push ups w/e during commercial breaks on TV
    Pushing for one extra rep or one extra lap when exercising
    At any store make a few laps around the entire thing before n after shopping.

Feel free to add on and remember WE CAN DO THIS
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    I always walk to the corner store instead of drive
    Also, my 4 yr old likes to be carried from time to time, and instead of grumbling, I think of the calories.
    Chasing the hubby around the bed for a few laps....
  • BUMP BUMP BUMP:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • I always park far away much to my families dismay. But, I sure like the laps around the store thing. Jumping jacks!!?? HMMM that's the one that makes me jiggle But, I'll have to try it just for you all. :blushing: :heart:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    I always park far away much to my families dismay. But, I sure like the laps around the store thing. Jumping jacks!!?? HMMM that's the one that makes me jiggle But, I'll have to try it just for you all. :blushing: :heart:
    I don't mind jumping jacks but everytime I jump in the house, the house shakes. Now how heavy do you have to be to worry about knocking stuff off when you jump? Dang! :embarassed: I have to do them lightely and they don't feel as effective.
  • If you dont like jumping jacks, do high knees, where you bring your thighs up parallel to the ground while sorta running, hard to explain I guess lol or if you have some kind of step or a box sturdy enough to step on, do some steps during commercials

Tonight I was powerwalking and I'd set my goal for 30 min(plus warm up and cool down) but I remembered this challenge and pushed for another lap around the block which added another 5 min, We Can Do This Purple Team!!! Just One Step & One Pound At A Time!!!
  • renae77
    I like jumping jacks.....I just need to do them on a sturdier floor like my garage or just head outside! Maybe get me a jump rope too and try that some. I used to love that!!
  • Bump, Where is all the purple team??
  • renae77
    Bump, Where is all the purple team??

Good morning Supermom!! I am here....like always! The bad thing is that when I am not work or really busy I am ALWAYS here! LOL!!:bigsmile: How are ya??
  • I'm here
    How is everyone doing this morning?
  • Hey everyone, I'm glad to see other purple challenges going on today, hows everyone doing with this one?
  • 4real
    4real Posts: 72 Member
    Happy New Years to everyone, I enjoy jumping rope and jumping jacks.
  • renae77
    I need to get some jumping jacks in but will have to wait til I go outside! My floor seems to flimsy to me. Even though my daughter and hubby jumped all over the house this morning!
  • OK Great news, my house is still standing and not in that bad of shape. I just did 2 sets of 20 jumping jacks. I will do one more set after I type this. So I guess jumping jacks are in. :blushing:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    I just saw this challenge - great idea. I will try to remember as I go about the day tomorrow. Please feel free to remind us every day. Thanks!
  • renae77
    Ok ya'll! I don't mind keeping these challenges coming but the next 3 days I will be at work for 12 hours each day so someone else will have to keep it up til I get home! LOL!! :flowerforyou: I gotsta work ya'll! :frown: I wanna stay home and play on MFP!! :bigsmile: You make me happys!:happy: I :heart: MFP! Keep me posted on what I gotta keep up with!! Thanks bunches! BTW I still gotta get my jumping jacks in. Dang it I forgot!! :ohwell: