Any Snack suggestions that ACTUALLY want to eaten?!

Replies

• Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    I keep a box of granola bars/nutrigrain bars at my desk and at home so if I need just a quick snack that's on the go, it's easy and quick and depending on the kind you get, not too high in calories
    If I have more time, or if I make food for the week ahead of time, hummus and carrots; frozen grapes, Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of granola; string cheese; tangerines; almonds; banana and a tbs peanut butter; and sooooo many more!

I tend to go for anything that's just quick and easy. For me, I don't like to spend a lot of time preparing food, so all these work out for me.
  • tommydamani
    tommydamani Posts: 1 Member
    Samer4 wrote: »
    I find I'm constantly trying to find snacks that kill a craving. Healthy snacks can be so dull! And even sometimes really calorific... Hummus/ guac two of my fave 'healthy' snacks are loaded in calories. HELP!!!!!
    - 6-8 water crackers, 2 egg and cucumber.
    - 6-8 water crackers, 100g ham, cucumber.
  • Neofolis
    Neofolis Posts: 5 Member
    I generally snack on home made protein bars or fruit, if I don't want to prepare anything. I make the protein bars 16 or 32 at a time, so they are always available. Fat free greek yogurt with some fruit and/or Walden Farms zero calorie sauces for flavor are also good with minimal prep time.
  • Indigodifranco
    Indigodifranco Posts: 4 Member
    Neofolis wrote: »
    I generally snack on home made protein bars or fruit, if I don't want to prepare anything. I make the protein bars 16 or 32 at a time, so they are always available. Fat free greek yogurt with some fruit and/or Walden Farms zero calorie sauces for flavor are also good with minimal prep time.

I love Walden Farms products! I discovered them while I was on Weight Watchers a few years ago.
  • kathron22
    kathron22 Posts: 2 Member
    A Rice Cake with PB2
  • pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member
    Low fat frozen fudgecycles. Chocolaty, like ice cream, and about 100 calls, great treat at the end of the day off there is still room in my diary.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    i can usually find a fruit or vegetable that will satisfy most of my junk food cravings. but if i can't find a healthy alternative, then i give in to the junk and eat just enough to kill the craving and no more. rarely do i bring the junk into my home, but work is still a HUGE problem for me (as far as the junk). and i know that there is NO such thing as "junk" food, but there IS such a thing as less healthy than other foods.
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    edited August 2015
    Yasso's Greek Yogurt Bars - Mint Chocolate Chip. 100kcal per bar and it's oh-so good.

Welch's Frozen Berry Blends (Four Berries or Antioxidant Mix) is another fave of mine. I like adding it to greek yogurt and oatmeal, too.

Hershey's Bliss, Dark Chocolates. 35kcal per chocolate.

I love snacking on tomato salad, too-- just diced tomatoes, spinach, red onions, red peppers, black pepper, green olives, string beans, olive oil, and white vinegar. Sometimes I'll put some on toasted wheat bread (40-45kcal/slice), but usually I eat it as it is.

Oh man, and cheese. White cheddar is a favorite of mine, and the one I get is approx 110kcal per 1oz. If I have a lot of calories leftover I'll make hot chocolate with 1% milk and add about 1-2oz of some yellow cheese (usually American or gouda). I don't indulge in that too often, though, for obvious reasons.

Turkey wrapped in lettuce is another option.

And fresh fruit, in my opinion, never gets old.
  • firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    Hot chocolate with cheese in it? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around that.
  • sdsc2003
    sdsc2003 Posts: 6 Member
    for afternoon snacks I sometimes have ceviche (100 grm for me) ! love it :)
  • mbythell
    mbythell Posts: 4 Member
    sdsc2003 wrote: »
    for afternoon snacks I sometimes have ceviche (100 grm for me) ! love it :)

I love cooked shrimp with Nando's periperi sauce, lime and cilantro. Soooo good. Also makes a good lunch if you're saving calories for another meal.
  • coricombee
    coricombee Posts: 2 Member
    Frozen grapes are amazing. Also, I love doing apples and peanut butter, rice cake with a little peanut butter and a few banana slices, trail mix, string cheese, a pickle, popsicles, popcorn, fruit cups, probiotic yogurt, carrots and light ranch, smoothie, toasted almonds, wheat tortillas spray butter and cinnamon (bake in the oven and it becomes crispy) then drizzle a little all natural honey on it :)
  • Dandy_Tandy
    Dandy_Tandy Posts: 9 Member
    sthoma13 wrote: »
    I always eat string cheese - the weight watchers brand is only 50 calories per stick. If you're at home, sweet potato chips are super easy to bake. Just cut up, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake at 400 for 25 min or so and you can make a great dip for those by mixing plain Greek yogurt and Dijon mustard.

Definitely going to try this. Thanks!
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Fresh veggies with hummus (roasted red pepper is my fav...eating it as I type now), Cracker Barrell 2% sharp cheddar sticks, String cheese, 100 cal pack Almonds (dark chocolate roasted...awesome when you want something sweet), Sensible Portions Garden Veggie Straws, Dannon Fit n Light Greek Yogurt with 1Tbl Chia seeds, hard boiled egg, cooked zucchini and yellow squash with ICBINB spray...can you tell I am a big snacker!
  • youmeandthesea
    youmeandthesea Posts: 26 Member
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are devine and only 150 calories :love:
  • dragonfly183
    dragonfly183 Posts: 73 Member
    raw sugar snap peas are nice and sweet, baby carrots, sliced tomatoes with a little salt and pepper. All of those are super low calorie.
  • unicornmama210
    unicornmama210 Posts: 2 Member
    My go to snacks are really just fruit and raw dark greens. Grapefruit, Greek yogurt, mandarin oranges, pineapple, mangos, celery with yogurt or almond butter, a quick sunny side up egg..
  • ALongWayAway
    ALongWayAway Posts: 11 Member
    If you need sweets, jawbreakers sugar free are pretty good. Something like 2 1/2 calories per sweet so you can eat quite a lot of them and stay within reasonable range. Lots of carbs & sweeteners though, so if you don't like those then they're maybe not so good
  • DeniseErcolano
    DeniseErcolano Posts: 9 Member
    I like to make parmesan cheese crisps. I take tablespoons of finely shredded parmesan cheese, place on a cookie sheet about an inch and half apart, and bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. They crisp up beautifully. Sometimes I add a little finely chopped turkey pepperoni to the cheese before I bake and then I dip them in salsa or marinara sauce. They will keep in a sealed container for about a week (if they last that long).
    This sounds yummy. Cheese is my downfall!
  • symstacey
    symstacey Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2015
    Chocolate Pudding/ Ice Cream Lovers.....throw a chocolate royale shake By Slimfast in the freezer for an hour (from fridge), shake well and pour into a bowl for sheer bliss!
    268 calories & tons of nutrients