Tell me something bad about Diet Coke?

124»

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Why is it any of your business what your friend drinks? Isn't that for he/she to decide?

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Another thing you might tell your friend:

I recently did a sugar detox. A few weeks later I had a Cokezero. It was a hot day and I thought "Sure why not".

Within a couple hours I noticed for the first time in weeks I had a massive sugar craving. I went out and bought ice cream, cookies and binged like I hadn't in months.

I have the same reactions to diet soda. I crave carbs all day when I drink one. I also lost 9lbs my first week trying to lose. All I did was stop drinking DIET soda. It was keeping so much water on me. I was drinking between 52-104oz a day.

My wife was also addicted to diet coke, and was having massive headaches. A scan showed she was having brain bleeds. Doc got her off diet soda and they went away. She won't touch the stuff now.

My current doc is always lecturing me about diet sodas, and that has helped me dump them AGAIN. Even months off the stuff, I can have just one, and I'm back on the band wagon, sometimes for weeks. I swear them off now. I just can't handle them.

Two of the components of aspartame separate and convert into neurotoxins when they reach 86 degrees F (in the body). Also regular usage of art sweeteners convert the gut bacteria and much of the healthy flora dies off. The new flora is supposed to aggravate inflammation, which in turn can be root cause of many chronic diseases.

Carbonation acidifies the blood weakening the immune system, bone structure and hardening arteries.

I just swear them off, now.

I've been able to replace with water and unsweet teas from home. Taste can take time to acquire, but I actually enjoy my mixes now.

so your doctor found a link between drinking diet coke and brain hemmorages? and where can i read his scientific paper about the correlation?

my daughter has had a few brain bleeds, she never had coke and the likes diet or regular
    my mother had numerous brain bleeds, she drank nothing but tea

sometimes this *kitten* is just luck of the draw

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    OP posts contentious topic, never to return. Baitng at it's finest
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    mantium999 wrote: »

And we rise to the bait every time
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Came across my facebook feed this week. Woman goes blind from drinking too many Red Bulls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3183663/28-cans-Red-Bull-day-making-blind-says-jobless-26-stone-mother-wants-NHS-pay-weight-loss-surgery.html

Her vision will recover by the way, if she loses weight. And swears off Red Bull.

I see nothing wrong with diet coke as part of a well-rounded diet. Switching from sugar sodas would very likely extend my daughter-in-law's life. Due to other disabilities, she has poor impulse control. I very much doubt she could stay away from sodas altogether. Switching away from sugar would significantly reduce the number of calories she's packing every day.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Diet A&W 10 root beer ftw.

The Hubster and I don't understand why we don't do this more... A little mix of both sweeteners, 10ish calories, and the taste is so good!

• mantium999

I've said it before, bateing is far more productive than baiting. Joys of the internet.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

I've said it before, bateing is far more productive than baiting. Joys of the internet.

Like bated breath?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I'm drinking a coke zero now. The bodega was out of my diet dr. pepper! grr
  • mantium999

Like bated breath?

How you choose to breathe during is entirely up to you.
  • thouser4241
    thouser4241 Posts: 9 Member
    I love my diet coke with some powder donuts. But, I must admit, I have given up both of them. And I'm not a pleasant person to be around. :#
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    zhdb0y5munio.gif

Like bated breath?

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Another thing you might tell your friend:

I recently did a sugar detox. A few weeks later I had a Cokezero. It was a hot day and I thought "Sure why not".

Within a couple hours I noticed for the first time in weeks I had a massive sugar craving. I went out and bought ice cream, cookies and binged like I hadn't in months.

I learned that day that it's really true that your brain interprets artificial sugar just as it would regular sugar. I honestly felt like a drug addict going through withdrawal after that sugar rush.

The big problem that no one is talking about is sugar addiction. Even though diet soda is "calorie free", it still brings you right back to your old ways of strong sugar cravings, making eating healthy very very difficult.

Unfortunately the most affective thing we can do is cut out added sugar completely. This means cutting out soda (diet or not), juice, sweetened tea and coffee, candy, sweet treats, and even most packaged foods. Once I became aware of how much extra sugar is added to packaged foods I was shocked. The average recommended daily added sugar amount (this excludes fresh fruits which provide fiber and nutrients) is 24 grams. That's not even half a can of regular soda!

The good news is, when you put the work in to ween yourself off added sugar and artificial sweeteners, eating healthy gets MUCH easier because you just don't crave sweets anymore.

I had an association thing going on with soft drink I realised - because I actually didn't like soft drink all that much but I sure like downing it after chips and pies and burgers. It was like a yin and yang combination. Something to cut through the fat. Once I understood that it became easier to manage and I found a diet one I liked. *whispers* Pepsi Max.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member

As long as there's one person who might take that kind of crap seriously, I'm going to call out the BS.
  • mantium999
    zhdb0y5munio.gif

Like bated breath?

Thats frightening
  • mantium999

As long as there's one person who might take that kind of crap seriously, I'm going to call out the BS.

Word