What are YOUR goals?!

Replies

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    To not be obese or overweight for the first time ever. (or since I was about 5, I guess)
  • robspot
    robspot Posts: 130 Member
    I want to be somewhere between 175 and 185 lbs. And to qualify for the world amateur cycling time trial championships :)
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    After a 4 month lay off with injury I'm spending from now to next July improving my physique overall, but really Concentrating on bringing up my delts, glutes and quads. Then 12 week comp prep ready to hit 2 figure shows in October 2016.
  • clynnrychly
    clynnrychly Posts: 11 Member
    To lose about 25lbs, gain some muscle and look good in my wedding dress next year!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    1. Lose weight and get skinny.
    2. Bulk and get swole.
    3. Cut and get ripped.
    4. Repeat step 2 and 3 ad infinitum.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    I want to be able to walk into a regular (not "plus" size) clothing store and buy something off the rack. I'm 5'1" and started at 306.5. I'm down to 194. I have a ways to go and my doctor has a specific goal weight in mind for me. I don't, although I use his number when a number is necessary.
  • My ultimate goal is to maintain a weight that I can handle physically and mentally. To achieve that, I need a few other goals.

1. I want to run. This one is a ways off. I am too heavy to truly jog or run (though I do in short intervals) without damaging my knees. Exercise has been shown again and again to be vital for maintenance.
    2. I need to log my food as accurately as I can every day. No exceptions. I've tracked over 100 days so far.
    3. I need to make a conscious effort to eat a balanced diet with plenty of produce. I don't believe I will ever look at food as just fuel, but that is where logging and a good home environment come in.

I may not have an eating disorder, but I surely have disordered eating, and I do not believe it can ever be fixed. It can only be managed.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2015
    My current goals are to complete a half ironman (very soon now) and then get down to 120 (I've kind of decided I can't focus too much on losing the lingering last 5 until the race is over, and I'm okay where I am).

After that I'd like to get to my goal, whatever it is -- I'm thinking more about body fat than the scale -- and focus on building some strength. (Huge goal for me would be a pull up, although I have some other aims too, like 1.5xBW squat and dead, 100 lb bench.)

I've decided (for now) that I want to do more trail races and a marathon in early 2016, and I'm sure I'll come up with other fun athletic goals to aim for.
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    After a loooong 3 year journey, with many goals reached (prob just as many setbacks), JUST 12 MORE POUNDS! I can do this!!!

And I've been thinking about running a full marathon in the spring. B)
  • TheHumanMachine
    TheHumanMachine Posts: 19 Member
    Short term goal is 300 lbs by christmas, which is 53 lbs to lose. It shouldn't be too hard, it's 1500 cal a day. If i space my eating correctly i should be fine while i am at school. Long term goal is to get down to 220 lbs.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    I am trying to lose 100lbs. I've spent the vast majority of my life overweight, and I'm ready to change that. I don't know what it's like to be in shape, but it has to be better than this. I'd love to be able to run to catch a bus and not be out of breath when I get there, or to go on a long hike. I also want to be in shape so that when I eventually have kids, I can live long enough to take care of them.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Right now my goal is to stick with this cut until 11/22.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Primary goal:get to 85kg a weight I haven't been since like around 2001

Secondary goal: increase strength nothing I think too extreme, is a chin up extreme?

Tertiary goal: achieve secondary goal with out sacrificing primary goal by reducing fat while gaining muscle.

Quadiary or what ever 4 is goal: get good at sparing at kick boxing
  • jwatson1592
    jwatson1592 Posts: 8 Member
    Short term is to reach 160 lbs by November 2nd. It's my 3 year anniversary with my boyfriend. My ultimate long term goal is 135 and to be in the healthy BMI range because let me tell you, seeing that my BMI is considered to be in the obesity range takes a toll on my mental motivation. But it also makes me want to work harder :) Good luck to everyone with their goals!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I've been at maintenance for three years. My goals are complete my wellness coaching certification course and pass the tests, design enough jewelry for my Etsy shop for the Christmas season.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Goals by the end of this coming summer:

1. Get back to the weight I was when I was doing a lot of long distance cycling. I'm almost there.

2. Climb Mt Wellington using my bicycle.

3. Do a 200 km randonnee again.

4. Do a 300 km randonnee again. Now that one might be pushing it given the terrain around here, but we'll see.
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    I would like to feel healthy and energized. Less fat and more muscle would help with my arthritis pain. Bring able to shop for,and look good,in regular sizes would be a bonus.
  • asteriskthat
    asteriskthat Posts: 73 Member
    I have a few goals so here goes:
    1. Get down to 64kg.
    2. Maintain around that.
    3. Continue adding healthy habits to my lifestyle (started with dancing, then gym, then counting kilojoules; next up: focusing on macros).
    4. Continue building my strength! I love feeling strong!
    5. Keep working on appreciating my body - I may not be at goal weight, but I love my body and everything it can do already. I also like the way I look :smile:

Good luck everyone! Take each day at a time and we will get there.
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. To feel like I actually live in this body, and am not just the tiny person who lives in my head and drags the rest of me around.