husband's birthday

2»

Replies

• EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Knowledge is power. If possible, skip rice, beans and chips. 9 tortilla chips are 140 calories. They add up *fast*. Rice is about 150 calories for ?3/4? cup. Beans are - if I recall correctly - 125ish for 1/2 cup.
  • crystalcement
    crystalcement Posts: 9 Member
    One of my new favourite recipes has a Mexican flair and I make it for my husband all the time. You take one corn tortilla and heat it in the oven (on broil). I usually do about 1 minute per side...just put it straight on the oven rack so it gets nice and crispy. Then top with 1 cup of lettuce, 1/4 avocado, 3-4 oz cooked chicken breast, 1/2 cup of black bean salsa (Newman's is awesome) and 1 tbsp no-fat Greek yogurt. In total it is about 350-400 calories and soooo good. The Newman's salsa is a new fav and I could make this meal every week. Substituting plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream is a new trick of mine. Of course it doesn't taste exactly the same but it does cut the heat of salsa quite nicely. Enjoy!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Just enjoy yourself and relax. You would have to eat 3,500 calories OVER your maintenance level to gain one pound. So no matter how you do on this one special day, you're not going to gain weight. Enjoy the day with your husband, and I'm sure it will be even more special for him that you're not stressing over what you're eating. Then go back to your normal calorie deficit the next day.