Halloween Challenge - August 29 Saturday to October 31 Saturday

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10239753/halloween-weight-loss-challenge

The “Holiday Season” weight gain season is fast approaching. Let us prepare ourselves well and start getting fit and losing weight before the festivities start. We have 60+ days to do this. September and October are ideal months to start, or shall I say are the months left for us to do it. The Summer is over, the school term has started, there is a moment of relative quiet in the hectic annual calendar.

RULES:
Healthy weight loss is around 1 to 2 pounds per week, depending on how overweight you are to start with. This means that if you work hard you should be able to lose around 5 to 20 pounds before Halloween. You can also get much fitter.

Weigh in is August 29 (Saturday) and every Saturday until October 31.
So do not hesitate, sign up to tell us your start height, weight and goal for Halloween.

Replies

• okmommie
    okmommie Posts: 1 Member
    This is my first group and my first challenge. I have been on MFP and have recently started to slide and get lazy. Time to retake control! I am 5'5" tall, 156 pounds and my goal for Halloween is 145 pounds or those new jeans hanging in my closet for over a year!! Will appreciate all the encouragement and prodding that anyone can give.

Okmommie
  • wifeyolivarez
    wifeyolivarez Posts: 33 Member
    This is also my 1st group & challenge. I am 210 lbs at 5'8. I am looking to lose 10 - 15 lbs by Halloween. My goal weight is 150 lbs.
  • cristinefurey
    cristinefurey Posts: 2 Member
    I want to lose 50 lbs. I weight 204. My hight is 5th. 4 in. I can't stand looking at myself. I'll take this challenge. .I'm at my wits end
  • Shmanda14
    Shmanda14 Posts: 1 Member
    This is my 1st group and challenge. I am 130 at 5'3. I am looking to lose 14lbs by Halloween. My goal weight is 116.
  • 56chevy55
    56chevy55 Posts: 3 Member
    this is my first group and challenge. i am 242at 4 foot 11 inches. i am lookingi forward to losing down to 165.
  • abc63
    abc63 Posts: 7 Member
    This is all new to me - and just like everything else I've tried, I can't figure out how to join!!
  • yardprincess
    yardprincess Posts: 42 Member
    Hello - I'll join too! *Side note for newbies if you want to keep returning to this thread, click on the little star in the upper right of the screen - abc63 hope you can return!

I have been using MFP for about 45 days and have not lost much, I don't consistently weigh foods..... sigh...
    Any who, I'm 5' 3" and weigh 158, would like to get down to 145 or so.
    Thanks and hope to learn more about all of you!
  • hannyzoe
    hannyzoe Posts: 4 Member
    I have fallen waaayyyy off the wagon and I think this will be good for me. My height is 5'2. I weigh 194 and i want to lose about 15 pounds by halloween.
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    I will join! I'm 5'8" 210lbs at my last weigh in 28 years old...although I will be 29 when the challenge ends
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    I will join! I'm 5'8" 210lbs at my last weigh in 28 years old...although I will be 29 when the challenge ends

That cut off half of my post.

I am also 11 weeks postpartum and having a hard time getting the scale to move. I hope to lose at least 10.

• TonyaNS
    TonyaNS Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! At this point I'm willing to try anything! I'm so discouraged. I'm 46 yrs old, 5'3, and I weigh 181lbs. I need all the help I can get. And encouragement. I beat myself up so bad! Good luck to us all!! Hey, we can do this :p
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    I will join the challenge. It will be just over 8 week. I am 226.8, I think, and 5'8". I would like to be down 12 pounds by Oct. 31.

• Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    I will join. Weighing in at 169, I want to lose at least 12 pounds by this time period. I will edit this post if I lose another pound before the 29th.
  • smurphlyn516
    smurphlyn516 Posts: 1 Member
    I've only been using this app for a few weeks, so this is obviously my first group. I'm 5'4 1/2" and weight 204lbs. I have already lost a couple of pounds and im hoping that a challenge like this will help keep me motivated. I want to lose as much as I can manage.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    I'll join - 5'5 and as of this morning I weigh 175lb.
    I have consistently been losing 1-2lb a week, so think 165lb is a nice safe goal. Preferably closer to 160lb.
  • dcerna62
    dcerna62 Posts: 45 Member
    Hey! I want to join. This will be my first challenge. I am currently 203lbs and am 5'3". My goal weight by Halloween is 183lbs (20lbs). My weigh-in day is Saturday morning so if I've lost since last Saturday, I will edit my goal.
  • noh16
    noh16 Posts: 15 Member
    I'd like to join. I am 5'3, currently 159lbs and would like to lose a stone by Halloween!!
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    I would like to join. I am 5'5 and weighed 207.8 this morning. My first big goal is to lose about 32 lbs. I am on my way. I look forward to this weight loss journey with everyone.
  • John90712
    John90712 Posts: 49 Member
    Hi...I would like to join too. I am 5'11" and weigh 260 lbs. My goal is 20 lbs. lost and never found.
  • howaldsusan
    howaldsusan Posts: 6 Member
    I'm brand new here! I'd love to meet some people on the same journey!