Success by eating what you want???????

Replies

• shellbelle0210
    shellbelle0210 Posts: 71 Member
    amynb524 wrote: »
    I've lost 73 since January by doing this!

As long as I stay in my calorie budget, I eat what I want. I don't go crazy and eat all 1500 calories in junk, but I don't deprive myself

Yep! Well about 45lbs for me, in about the last 10 months. My rate of loss really accelerated once I got a food scale and a fitbit back in May.

I eat 1600+ exercise calories.

How active are you?
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Hello everyone, so I have one simple question. Is it possible to loose weight and still eat what you want but in a smaller portion? If so would you please share your success story with me. I have lost 7lbs so far following this method of eating what I want and exercising daily, just doing it all in smaller portion sizes. Any help you awesome people can give me would be appreciated and I love pics.....:)

I only eat what I want and have lost 65 plus pounds. I also don't exercise more so I can eat more, which of course is a personal choice. You have to figure out what works for you, modify if it doesn't , because just because something might work for me is no promise that it will work for you.
    Good Luck !

• SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    25 lbs down and not one friggin salad yet!!! lol
  • Asallings323
    Asallings323 Posts: 25 Member
    amynb524 wrote: »
    I've lost 73 since January by doing this!

As long as I stay in my calorie budget, I eat what I want. I don't go crazy and eat all 1500 calories in junk, but I don't deprive myself

Yep! Well about 45lbs for me, in about the last 10 months. My rate of loss really accelerated once I got a food scale and a fitbit back in May.

I eat 1600+ exercise calories.

How active are you?

Very, it dosent show on my log bc I do not always have time to track it. But I jog 2.5 miles every weekday. I also do weight training, resistance band, and my elliptical.
  • Asallings323
    Asallings323 Posts: 25 Member
    25 lbs down and not one friggin salad yet!!! lol
    LOL, love it
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The trick is knowing the "cost" of the foods we choose. For me that means two slices of thin crust pizza, not three. I pick one carb for dinner (bun OR potato salad), not two. If I am craving volume crispy-crunchy treats, I pick popcorn instead of potato chips. Nuts and fats add very quickly, but I eat nuts every day. I measure with a tablespoon instead of by the handful.
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    @Asallings323 Lol, it's so true though and I tell everyone!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Yep! I've lost 18 pounds in three months doing exactly this, eating 1680-2200 calories daily, usually about 1800 calories. I eat anything I want, as long as it fits my calorie goal for the day.

I do put a priority on meeting a protein macro because I find I feel satisfied longer, but I don't kill myself over it and probably only make the macro goal twice a week. Some days I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and salads, but only because it's what I want to eat that day. Other days it's full fat yogurt and pasta salad and steak. Because that is what I want. It is amazing and I can definitely do this long term. Couldn't be happier.
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    YUP... I eat anything I want just smaller portions. My co-worker and I got out to eat everyday for lunch and I still managed to lose 9lb in six weeks.... I also walk everyday on my break during work.
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Wow! Great thread!
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Yay! I posted something similar two days ago when I joined MFP. I'm so happy to read your post OP and everyone's answers!

It's true, everyone suggests we eat this or that, but I am excited to stick to the CICO process :)

Oh! And I lost 1 lb already ... Started two days ago :)
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    77 pounds down, and I go out for Fancy Tea (with dessert!) once a month. Sometimes twice. I pay attention to what I eat and I practice portion control. Also, my tastes and "what I want to eat" have changed. There are some caveats. I have chosen that I do not want the consequences of having eaten as much bread and pasta as I want to eat, so I choose to have those things very rarely, and in small quantities. But overall, it's possible to eat the foods you like - in moderation - and meet your goals.
  • ginag516
    ginag516 Posts: 44 Member
    Hello everyone, so I have one simple question. Is it possible to loose weight and still eat what you want but in a smaller portion? If so would you please share your success story with me. I have lost 7lbs so far following this method of eating what I want and exercising daily, just doing it all in smaller portion sizes. Any help you awesome people can give me would be appreciated and I love pics.....:)

What I did 6 years ago is called the 10 year experiment weight loss journey weight at 315lbs 5"8 the biggest I've ever been in my entire life weight between 240lbs-260lbs and gaining back 20lbs but loosing inches still is a little hard when you have a busy lifestyle and trying to stay at a decent eating regime I still eat whatever I want!
  • Thank you all so much on the helpful advice. I love hearing all of your success stories. I know now that I will be ok doing what I am doing and need to push out all the negative stuff I have been told. I like to eat foods that work for me, not someone else's idea of what I need to eat.Exercising is where I seem to thrive anyways , it is so relaxing for me to just get out there and work my butt off.

Well, you can just laugh in their faces once they start seeing your results and tell them, "I told you so." :wink:
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Me. 27 months down 99lbs. Eating what i want. You can do it!
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    I've lost 39 pounds counting calories while eating crappy food. I finally got my husband to start doing it and he's lost 6 pounds now as well.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    If you can do it that way, great. Good for you. Enjoy! If you can't, accept it and elminate your junk foods. I can't so i eliminated them. I do'nt feel deprived.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Of course, life is too short to eat food one doesn't like. I've lost around 45 pounds eating what I like in sensible portions. But - what I like to eat has somewhat changed, and I know better what foods make it easier to eat to satiety and stay happy and energized, and what foods I prefer to avoid because I can only eat a little before busting my calorie allowance, and that amound is nowhere near how much I would like to eat of it. Counting calories and reading and participating here on MFP has taught me to eat better and improved my attitudes towards food and eating. I love you MFP <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!