Can you do too much exercise??

ashrush
ashrush Posts: 7
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
I do an hour workout everyday with a fitness group I joined. Would it help or hurt my body if I did another workout in the gym and maybe a video also the same day. That would be about 3 workouts a day would this be okay. I'm not seeing the progress I want and I feel like I can do more. Would this be okay????? Anyone?

Replies

• I do an hour workout everyday with a fitness group I joined. Would it help or hurt my body if I did another workout in the gym and maybe a video also the same day. That would be about 3 workouts a day would this be okay. I'm not seeing the progress I want and I feel like I can do more. Would this be okay????? Anyone?
  • As long as you eat and watch your health no such thing as too many workouts I think.
  • Make sure the exercise you're adding is something different than your normal routine. I have always been told that your body accustomes itself to your normal routine (for me it's step aerobics). If you are adding to it, make it something different so you'll begin to see results. You could also try weights since you'll continue to burn calories long after you've finished.
  • Yes, you will eventually become extremely soar. You must give your body time to recover. Muscle soarness can prevent anyone from exercising on a daily basis. Try doing a cardio with your group in the morning and a strength exercise later in the day. But, work different muscle groups. For example, lats and triceps one night. Try biceps and shoulders another night. Then hamstrings and quads another night. Do Abdominals and core work (strengthening your back.). See if you can do that don't beat your body to a pulp. It is all you have. Your friendly, certified fitness instructor/personal trainer.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Hi, Fitness Girl-

How can I find a good trainer to set me up? I want to go to a women's only gym - like Curves, and I want to know what to ask the trainer. Can you point me to a website?

Thanks for any help you can give.

~Cheryl
  • Cheryl,

Curves is great for a while but when you hit your platue you will need to shoot for more cardio and more strength than curves can provide. Oh they will blow smoke in your face and tell you they'll take you to the next level. However, they are unable to. So, if there is a facility near you that is geared towards only women than go for it. I would however recommend a health club that offers a wide variety of group exercise classess. Going for a personal trainer like myself is great. However, I also teach 8 different kinds of classes a week and you can get the same results from group settings that you would with a one on one. Look in your local phone book for gyms.

Fitness Girl
  • dragonfly183
    dragonfly183 Posts: 73 Member
    Back in December i joined a gym and since I wasn't working much at the time i was able to put in 3 hours a day, mostly cardio. I lost 9 lousy pounds in 6 months time. I looked a lot thinner but its because my body changed its shape. Since then i don't go crazy on the exercise anymore. I try and limit it to an hour and a half total every day and that includes my morning walk, housework, and gardening too. i refuse to kill myself for no results.
This discussion has been closed.