5 Week Progress Picture

Replies

• MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    edited August 2015
    New personal record in strength today!

I was able to deadlift 250!!!

I have also lost 5 inches on each thigh, 2 inches on my upper arms and 10 inches on my hips!!

Watch "Deadlift - 250" on YouTube - Deadlift - 250: https://youtu.be/Rg6pr9KCMzw
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Awesome! This is great inspiration
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member

I have also lost 5 inches on each thigh, 2 inches on my upper arms and 10 inches on my hips!!

Watch "Deadlift - 250" on YouTube - Deadlift - 250: https://youtu.be/Rg6pr9KCMzw

As much as I am happy for your weight loss... continuing to deadlift like that is seriously going to snap you up.

It's more like a sumo deadlift with that foot stance... a conventional deadlift would have the feet under each shoulder, give or take a few cm either side.

Second, the way you're pulling up the weight is the most DANGEROUS part about the lift. You're trying to yank it up because you're not successfully getting to the lock out position... that is seriously dangerous and you're going to pull your lower back out.

Third... you're slamming the weight against the floor. The whole point of the deadlift is to lift the weight from a dead stop... not using momentum to get it up.

Lower the weight, seriously work on your form, or run the risk.

Congrats on the weight loss though :)
  • MsSquatAlot

As much as I am happy for your weight loss... continuing to deadlift like that is seriously going to snap you up.

It's more like a sumo deadlift with that foot stance... a conventional deadlift would have the feet under each shoulder, give or take a few cm either side.

Second, the way you're pulling up the weight is the most DANGEROUS part about the lift. You're trying to yank it up because you're not successfully getting to the lock out position... that is seriously dangerous and you're going to pull your lower back out.

Third... you're slamming the weight against the floor. The whole point of the deadlift is to lift the weight from a dead stop... not using momentum to get it up.

Lower the weight, seriously work on your form, or run the risk.

Congrats on the weight loss though :)

I have been powerlifting for years and have competed numerous times in State Championships. This was a max just to see how much weight I could get up.

Although I appreciate your "advice" I am confident in my coach and ability.

• IsaackGMOON
    Wow someone actually flagged me... ridiculous.
  • MsSquatAlot

I'm not surprised. Your comments were ridiculous. Please feel free to post a video of your deadlifts so we may all be so enlightened.
  • IsaackGMOON

I'm not surprised. Your comments were ridiculous. Please feel free to post a video of your deadlifts so we may all be so enlightened.

Ridiculous comment = flag

makes sense right

Never said my deadlifts were perfect :)... on the other hand...
  • jennipooh0324
    jennipooh0324 Posts: 85 Member
    Wow, you look amazing
  • MsSquatAlot
    edited August 2015

Ridiculous comment = flag

makes sense right

Never said my deadlifts were perfect :)... on the other hand...

I actually didn't.

This thread is NOT for you to judge me. Please take your negativity elsewhere.

Thank you.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Wow, you look amazing

Thanks so much Jenni!
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    edited August 2015
    There always has to be someone to try and rain on the parade :weary: you are AMAZING girl!! Keep doing what you do!! Just had to leave my two cents :lol:
  • MsSquatAlot
    There always has to be someone to try and rain on the parade :weary: you are AMAZING girl!! Keep doing what you do!! Just had to leave my two scents :lol:

Right? And to rain with irrelevance at that. I'll stick to my trainer (who has won national tournaments as a powerlifter lol) over someone whose lifting ability is questionable. :)

Thank you.
  • IsaackGMOON
    There always has to be someone to try and rain on the parade :weary: you are AMAZING girl!! Keep doing what you do!! Just had to leave my two scents :lol:

Right? And to rain with irrelevance at that. I'll stick to my trainer (who has won national tournaments as a powerlifter lol) over someone whose lifting ability is questionable. :)

Thank you.

Lifting ability is questionable?

Did you not watch your own vid? :huh:

lol im out
  • MsSquatAlot

Thank you.

lol im out

I would LOVE to see you even deadlift 135 kiddo. Don't let the door hit ya. ;)
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Daaaaaang! You gettin it done!
  • IsaackGMOON

Thank you.

lol im out

ya I can deadlift 135 lol dw.

220 max

You might out lift me

But dat form...

• MsSquatAlot

Thank you.

lol im out

220 max

You might out lift me

But dat form...

You should tell all of these guys how awful their form is then. Especially 8 time Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman. So unfortunate that these professional bodybuilders and powerlifters have no idea what they're doing.

Watch "Ronnie Coleman A hard day and a beautiful 900 POUND Barbell Deadlift" on YouTube - https://youtu.be/u1nKWqByJTc

Watch "Bodybuilder Owns FOUR Powerlifters! Deadlift Session" on YouTube - https://youtu.be/cl8HYnoAGbA

You were saying?
  • IsaackGMOON

Thank you.

lol im out

220 max

You might out lift me

But dat form...

You should tell all of these guys how awful their form is then. Especially 8 time Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman. So unfortunate that these professional bodybuilders and powerlifters have no idea what they're doing.

Watch "Ronnie Coleman A hard day and a beautiful 900 POUND Barbell Deadlift" on YouTube - https://youtu.be/u1nKWqByJTc

Watch "Bodybuilder Owns FOUR Powerlifters! Deadlift Session" on YouTube - https://youtu.be/cl8HYnoAGbA

You were saying?

I've already seen these videos before.

But their form wasn't as bad as yours in that video.... :huh: And there is a threshold where form is bound to break down... it's inevitable.

What I was saying is; your form needs a bit of correcting in a couple of places lol.

Not sure how my deadlift stats are relevant but... sure.
  • MsSquatAlot

Thank you.

lol im out

220 max

You might out lift me

But dat form...

You were saying?

I've already seen these videos before.

But their form wasn't as bad as yours in that video.... :huh: And there is a threshold where form is bound to break down... it's inevitable.

What I was saying is; your form needs a bit of correcting in a couple of places lol.

Not sure how my deadlift stats are relevant but... sure.

You said my feet were too far apart. There are many varying stances for the deadlift. It was not a sumo stance but even if it were, that doesn't negate the fact that it was a deadlift nonetheless.

You went on to comment that I banged the weights and that is also improper. I gave you very relevant links to professionals doing exactly what I was and yet you still feel the need to attempt to ridicule me.

What exactly is your purpose on carrying on especially if you've already stated that you were "out". Stop commenting then, you're obviously upset about something to continue this despite the fact I just disproved your theory of proper form. So it's okay for their form to breakdown but not mine? LOL LOGIC!
  • MsSquatAlot
    Daaaaaang! You gettin it done!

Tha is Christy! Even though I clearly don't know what I'm doing ;)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!