meal plan and times for 2100 calories help!

Struggling to eat more than 1800 and need help in dividing my calories through out the day. Immediate response is appreciated!!

Ps. Starting low and slowly going to increase :)

Replies

• shashan0808
    shashan0808 Posts: 11 Member
    Try adding ensure plus.. drinking calories seem to be much easier also apetamin works it helped me when i struggled to eat. As far as dividing calories throughout the day i didnt do i just picked a calorie goal of 4000 calories and went for it!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    @scarlet56393 welcome to MFP forums. I lose at 2600 calories daily and maintain at 3000. I added things like coconut oil and Heavy Whipping Cream once or more daily to hit my calories. My first cup of coffee has 800 calories for example.

Give yourself several months to get things tweaked based on what your body wants/needs. We are all different so question all advice from any web forum for your safety. Google is a good friend in these times. There is a lot of good and bad research on all dieting concerns.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Adding snacks or increasing portion size is always the first thing you could try.
    Also easy things to do are:
    1) eat calorie dense food
    2) drink your calories
    3) full fat everything (whole milk instead of skim, etc)
    And add olive oil to your foods. Also eat nuts or peanut butter :)
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Just man I'm cutting on 2500 calories. Add peanut butter to your diet. And whole milk.
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Try adding ensure plus.. drinking calories seem to be much easier also apetamin works it helped me when i struggled to eat. As far as dividing calories throughout the day i didnt do i just picked a calorie goal of 4000 calories and went for it!

This is terrible advice. Just pick a calorie goal and go for it? That's a sure way to fail or get fat. He's doing it right by starting low and adding calories every week untill he sees weight gain. You need to know your body you can't just guess
  • kuriakos_chris
    kuriakos_chris Posts: 48 Member

This is terrible advice. Just pick a calorie goal and go for it? That's a sure way to fail or get fat. He's doing it right by starting low and adding calories every week untill he sees weight gain. You need to know your body you can't just guess

+1
    scarlet if you found out how many protein and fats you need, fill the rest with carbs, dont be afraid.
    If you workout, make bigger meals before and after(where you might be able to eat more).
    Add 1-2 fruits if you dont have in your diet. In my opinion dont worry so much about how to divide them, just try to eat the right amount of calories. Try eating every 3-4 hours and see if it works for you
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    I think to some degree your plan of action will depend on your goal. If you simply need more calories, fats are a quick and tasty way to increase your calorie intake. If you're trying to build or maintain muscle, an ideal protein intake will become a priority.

As far as dividing the calories throughout your day, increasing the frequency and size of your snacks may help. You might also just try slightly larger portions of what you're already eating. 300 calories can seem like a lot, but it's doable. Heck, a large handful of nuts will get you there in one sitting! Good luck. :smile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    i would suggest trial and error OP …try splitting it into four and see if that works, if not split into six…

Also, add in calorie dense foods like ice cream, rice, pastas, etc; but make sure that you are meeting nutrient needs as well.
  • Bansh3e
    Bansh3e Posts: 71 Member
    Eat peanut butter, oats, nuts, peanuts,white bread, bananas..etc
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I'd suggest adding some of what people eat to gain weight involuntarily - sugary drinks, chocolate, biscuits, chips, pizza. Easy to overeat, and tasty too. My point is - eat things you like, don't force yourself to eat things you don't like.
  • shashan0808
    shashan0808 Posts: 11 Member

Funny i dont recall asking u..
    I didnt fail nor become fat which is why i gave advice based on what worked for me.
  • meldavis581
    meldavis581 Posts: 4 Member

Funny i dont recall asking u..
    I didnt fail nor become fat which is why i gave advice based on what worked for me.

I was looking into this post for the same answers... And honestly. Bad advice. I got nothing out of what you said. The app gives you a goal. So saying just go for it after that... I'm looking for advice like which foods burn slower, or what I could try eating in the morning since I don't get a chance to eat again until 3/4 of the way through my shift where I never stop moving. Even if it's dead, I'm up on a ladder cleaning or behind a fridge or under a counter. I would like to know how to divide my calories around my work schedule without getting so full I fall asleep. Do you have any advice for this?